About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=eab1ac583def68a0340e0379a1540c2eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Trio of Twi'lek's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of seeing some more progress pics? Wink

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
padme9055 (Tabitha G)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update! We have offically figured out how to make our lekku (and have twi'leked it up as jedi several times now Smile ) so we are making our first debut as the trio this weekend at the Tucson Parade of Lights.

The costumes are slowly coming together Smile . I've had to get more fabric and redo parts because we just weren't happy with them. I'm finally working on the Red Twi'lek's shirt and it was actually a ton easier then I thought it would be and it looks pretty good. I have to take in the waist and figure out something for the neck and hem it and it's done Smile .

Sorry I don't have any pics of the current progress, but I do have some pics of our previous Twi'lek costumes Smile .

This was my attempt at a Twi'lek dancer. Things that are changing: Adding LOTS more color. The skirt is the first thing changing and eventually there will be a brightly colored shirt as well. Still perfecting the paint Smile . This picture was taken at Tucson Comic Con.

First time I did a Twi'lek Jedi. Those are my sister's lekku and they didn't fit me very well because of my very thick hair. Photo taken at Howleen at the Tucson Reid Park Zoo.

Most recent: Doing a jedi for the parade of lights in Serria Vista. Great fun. My hand is not painted because I wore gloves during the parade.

Miriam (who did the red twi'lek) wore the red lekku several times as a Jedi.

She is not wearing any special paint, it's just finger paint, with white face paint to protect her face. The neck scarf is to hide the flaky paint there. It looked pretty bad Razz .

She also did a dancer for the Howleen at the Zoo thing too. She used parts of the white Twi'lek (previous page) and a few of her own things.

So that's our current progress Smile . Will try to post pictures of the trio when we get them done Smile .

Tabitha: a daughter, big sister, screenwriter, costumer, seamstress.
Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always good to see more twi'leks. Smile

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Mara Skywalker (Anna)
Nordic Base CO
Nordic Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just stumbled on this thread - any more pictures? I'm curious to see if you got it all done? Smile

Mynocks deliver Babies
padme9055 (Tabitha G)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got to twileks finished and I think we have pictures of Naomi and I somewhere, but we have yet to get the third one done Smile . However, wearing the twi'lek is the most fun ever Smile.

Mara Skywalker (Anna)
Nordic Base CO
Nordic Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I know Smile I have a green twi'lek myself, and though I've only used it once, it was great fun Smile

Mynocks deliver Babies
padme9055 (Tabitha G)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Smile . We are still working on the paint. We have been using a water-based paint called Snazzaroo and find it just wipes off horribly. We are testing a paint called Paradise. It's alot better. I wore it to con for a whole day, with a bag on my shoulder, and even there, it still was covered with paint. It does rub off on everything, so we have to figure out how to seal it, and then we will be good Smile .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: