About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c1d704b3dd0912f6f23dfd693ad30370Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

CW Obi-Wan armour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
janbolsen ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: CW Obi-Wan armour Reply with quote

I seen the 501st Nordic Garrison three year in a row now at the Star Wars event in Legoland, Denmark and have been drawn toward building a costumes myself. Seeing that my son respond mostly to the CW figures I want to go for the CW Obi-Wan costumes and hope I can get some help here.

Been around the forum and the big WWW I have collected some knowledge, but have some questions.

I see the following parts needed to be made or bought, but please leave your knowledge in this tread:

Undersuit
Looks like a stormtrooper or clonetrooper undersuit - am I right?

Tunic
Any recommendation for a good pattern?

Belt, Pouches and boots
Where can I buy these parts?

Armor
Can I buy the armor, if yes where can I buy it?

Anything else I'm missing?

Regards,
JB
General_Koon (Rick Vargas)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! welcome to the Rebel Legion.

to help you get a start on stuff

The undersuit:

Yes, the black undersuit, gloves, Shoulder - arm- gauntlets - handplates armor, Knee - shins armor and boots are Clone trooper issued.

The Legion Membership Officers advice that if you are doing a clone wars character it will be good, for photo referral purposes to stick to the style of the pics you are showing for reference.

I´m on the first stages of making my own Clone Wars Character: Jedi General Plo Koon in his armor version of the costume and when I asked about the style of the gauntlets and handplates (between CW style or real life style) I was advised to stick to the CW Styling.

Finding suitable clone wars styled armor is easy. You can either ask to the clone troopers in here about that type of armor or you can go into the 501st legion Clone trooper Detachment. there´s tons of info on CW styled armor makers in there.

The Chest armor is something of a problem due to the Impossible elasticity of the neck trim that goes attached to what´s supposed to be a rigid structure. I would suggest you find (in the members listing) Any Obi Wan with the same armor and contact him via PM on how he made or acquired his chest armor.

OR if any see this message and want to chime in please do so. For us news a helping hand means a world of difference, the end of doubt and the beginning of focus determination.

The Belt:

I bought one from a vendor in Singapoor through ebay. They are Pleather and look VERY nice. the cost no more than 40 bucks and bring all the pouches and food pellets. HOWEVER, I´ve read around that if you wear them regularly and play with them a tad too much the material tends to start cracking (the pleather) so you might also want to consider finding a belt maker in here. I think I saw someone offering them in REAL leather in the sales section But they´re way more expensive. Your pick buddy.

The Tunic: if you can find a seamstress close to you you can find information on how to make tunics, tabards, sashes (Also known as Obis) and cloacks in the resources section Or you can go to the Jedi Subforum and find the Resources thread in there. quite the holocron of info on making a jedi costume there.

an important thing with the clothes of a jedi is to find a nicely textured cloth to use that is also fresh... be careful about the heat. it{s kind of a downer when you see a melting Jedi... Laughing

Edit: as a bonus here{s a thread with lots of resources for regular Jedy but you can find good info in it for the tunics and belts.

I hope this helps!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for all the attached photos and the push in the right direction.

I think I will take the photos with me to the local seamstress to see if she can help, she done so before, so I don’t think she will be surprised Smile

I will make a post on clonetroopers.net to see if somebody can help with some armor, the hard thing is to find the good makers, due to the fact that there in hiding.
General_Koon (Rick Vargas)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Glad I could help. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: