About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a1c6d3bfa20332b13930cef2bb360052Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Introductions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Farlander ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Introductions Reply with quote

Hello all,

My name is Josh, aka TX-9884 over in the 501st. I have several works in progress for the RL, and hope to have one completed shortly.

Looking forward to trooping with you all.
ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Josh. Ben

If not top secret, what costume are you planning?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

I have everything together for a generic jedi, in terms of fabric, just needs some finishing touches for ease of use, and boots...

...and the situation is in reverse for an X-Wing pilot, I have boots but nothing else, hah! Doing research on helmets at the moment, then it's just a matter of the money. Hoping to do an A-Wing pilot as well soon. B-W and Y-W somewhere down the road.

J
ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. You have seen the newly revised Jedi standards?

We have many excellent pilots in the base if you need any help with that. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've been reading up on the new Jedi standards and have been envisioning what I want to do. I've always thought it would be neat to base one off of the style of pants I've used in martial arts, very similar to the "hakama" used by the Japanese in Iaido and other of their arts.

Are you aware of anyone who has converted an original APH-6B/C helmet into an X-Wing helmet? There is one I am considering buying, but have no way of judging the size. If someone could provide personal reference about the helmets, I'd feel more comfortable purchasing this particular one.
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Legion dude! Where in Utah are you located? Always nice to have another Jedi around; if you have any questions about Jedi costumes just let me know!

Cool

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."
Farlander ()

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently residing in Layton... Working at the base. Looking to move though as I'm getting married, but will stay in Davis County.

Thanks for the welcome.
Wolfen (Adam)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Legion! As has been stated, let us know if you need any help with those costumes. It will be great to add another Jedi to the Temple!

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety"-Ben Franklin
Farlander ()

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Wolfen! Speaking of temples, do we have our own, is there a regional one, etc.?
ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farlander wrote:
Thanks Wolfen! Speaking of temples, do we have our own, is there a regional one, etc.?

We have our own, it is the Ilum Temple for Members of the Knights of the Jedi Order within Rogue Base.

Once approved as a formal member you can join the KJO and Ilum Temple by posting in the thread in the Jedi costuming section. Ben

Last edited by ionicdesign (Michael) on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Farlander ()

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh... So we are the defenders of the crystal chambers? Most excellent.
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was greatly pleased to learn that we belong to such a significant and illustrious temple. And with such an elegant logo too!

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."
Farlander ()

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Head over to http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=504376 to see some of my hilts. :-)
Kievan Mereel (Sam Coulson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farlander wrote:
Are you aware of anyone who has converted an original APH-6B/C helmet into an X-Wing helmet? There is one I am considering buying, but have no way of judging the size. If someone could provide personal reference about the helmets, I'd feel more comfortable purchasing this particular one.

There have been people that have converted actual helmets into a Rebel Pilot helmet, but in my opinion I wouldn't go that route. Since they're so rare they're usually very expensive, plus you've got to go to the trouble of creating the mohawk from scratch. Also, the Star Wars visors look and are shaped differently than the Vietnam ones and I don't think it's easy to swap them out. Plus they'd be heavy. The helmets in the films are modified casts of the real thing and are an entirely different animal in my opinion.

Here are some pictures of an ANH-15 conversion for your reference:
http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=151834#151834

There are several skilled and convenient suppliers of Rebel Pilot helmet kits within the Legion, such as Mark Bradley and darthhair. They can get you everything you need for a helmet including decals, visors, and lots of knowledgeable support for only $80-120 last I checked. I've also seen them and others who will assemble your kit for you for an extra fee if that's the way you want to go. Personally I enjoy assembling it myself and making it "mine."

And has been said before, we have some good pilots and in-progress pilots in the Base that can get you references and sources for costume pieces.

Welcome to the base! Unfortunately I'm moving and probably won't get to meet you in person, but I'm happy to share what I know about my current build.
Farlander ()

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, Sam. I've been in contact with darthhair about both a helmet and chest box; and MonCal about flightsuits. All the metal flares etc, and well as a compad and boots have been ordered. I'm excited to get this going!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: