About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d7e0f297afab717d38b6b1e452763732Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Thinking of Slave Leia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeiaYT1300 (Beret Balestrieri Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in agreement with Kathy; as long as the bun isn't too obviously braided, I think it's fine. Smile

Costume Portfolio
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok cool, i agree then too.
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mira_Darkstar (Anna Rossmann)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome about the bun, I still want to look more closely on my movie to see if I can find a better shot. And I promised more progress pictures and ran into an issue of my hard drive dying with the pictures on it. But I have since recovered them. pompom

Since the biggest piece of this costume (that would be 100% made by me) would be the chains I spent a lot of time on them to get them as accurate as possible.
Reference Picture:

Blown up on my phone with my finger and the rings to show size matching:

First I marked all of the rings with my cutting lines and then painted around with Bronze (Done on lunch break):

When I got home I proceeded to cutting all the rings with my Dremel (stinky melting plastic):

I then took silver jewelry wire and created 44 spirals (almost got blisters):

My fingers were hurting so I moved onto finishing my little hand bag (I hate sewing silk on my clunky machine):

Went back to the rings and "test" put one together (Not a final paint job though):

All halves of the rings I base painted bronze, added little hot glue dots and then dry brushed mostly silver:

Next I linked together a whole bunch of them (in the end I linked 4, saved 2 for magnets and linked the rest, that way I had an option of short or long chain):

Added more paint for finishing touches:

And here is the final chain with collar attached:

Also, this past Friday I recruited my mom and her better sewing machine to complete the fabric skirt panels:

Jamin mailed my boot tops today so I should be able to work on and hopefully complete the boots and get pictures taken for approval.
Legion XO
Legion XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing work!
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mira_Darkstar (Anna Rossmann)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so I got the boot tops in the mail on Friday. And they required a lot of shaping.

First round of shaping complete. (I had to shape again once I was ready to attache them to the boots)

My boots had the suede outside and then a lining so I Cut one side of the suede and cut all the rest based on that line. After that I encased my boning in batting and attached that in the back in between the two layers.

Since the inside lining didn't look very "Star Wars" I took the excess material that I removed and added it to the inside. (That way if my boots gap, and they do, then you would see more of the suede.

After I stitched in the new lining I folded over the outside suede to make a finished edge on top. I did a little more shaping of the toppers and then glued the hoop part to the boots. And here we are:

And this morning I recruited my sisters help and got my submission photos taken.

Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I can't believe all the hard work and creativity that went into making this costume. Amazing work, congrats! I know you'll make a great Slave Leia!!

RL member since 2006
Blue Ridge Base member
Nexus Temple - member
Docking Bay 94 - member
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great!

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hawaii_Rex ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Really great work!

Phase I Rex (realistic)
Phase II Rex (animated)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: