About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=608d82dfe0b5a7d8a7b385b31ced5e03Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Jedi Costuming Standards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jedi_master_boy (David LaTomme)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boots are a good choice, either the plain or the Anakin-style will work just fine, so personal pref on those. If the size of the boots end up being a little big (since most ebay sellers do whole sizes only) heal inserts or think socks will fix that issue Very Happy

Here are my thoughts on armor: if you're gonna do 'The Clone Wars' style armor, you'll want to get the arm bracers as well, not just the chest and shoulder bells, just so the look is complete Wink There are some Jedi in the series (like Mace Windu) who just wear the bracers and not the chest armor. You're also going to want to make sure the lines of the costume will allow for armor.

I would beware of 'drop shippers' because they don't actually make/touch/see the armor themselves, so they can't really guarantee what quality you're getting, unless they actually know the person making it. If you look in the forums here, I'm sure you can find someone willing to make a set for about the same price.
Farlander ()

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool... Well, if the boots look good then I know what I'm getting on payday! :-P
Mastershane (Shane Gordon)
Archived Member Profile

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those boots would work, but they are made of imitation leather, and they don't last long. It would be better to save up and get a better pair of leather ones.
Farlander ()

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great info, CO. I won't say "money isn't an issue" but lower prices are always better - but I want to do it right, once. :-)
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good boots are a HUGE part of a quality costume. It's worth making an investment.

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."
Farlander ()

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...not to mention nobody like sore feet! :-P
Farlander ()

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that said... Anyone have a source they'd recommend for boots?

Thanks. :-)
Jedi Master Tic-Ja Faila (Jakob Lau Smith Tice)
Rogue Base CO
Rogue Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to MotorCowboy for my Obi-Wan Boots years ago, and they are working fine. Expensive, yes, but if you want them to last and be custom made for your foot, they are a good way to go:

http://www.motorcowboy.com/c=BgKJIH9NGY3dslOZ6UXh9y9N5/category/200-replica.movie/
Farlander ()

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thought...
Since our temple is Illum, a snow planet, could one make an approved "snow-Jedi"? The generic Jedi guidelines state:
1. Outer tunic, long-sleeved. Colors can include brown (and all other earth tones), black, grey or white...
2. Tabards in similar allowed color palette as described in outer tunic...
3. Full or false inner tunic in similar color scheme as outer tunic...
So it looks like all-white could happen. Minus, of course, the fact the boots, belt, and robe are supposed to be brown. All-white might actually be a little boring, so perhaps some very light brown / linen colors might serve as contrast.

Anyone ever had similar thoughts? Perhaps someone could create a special hem pattern that could become the signature of all Illum Jedi.
ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

White has been discouraged in the past unless a specific character (Atris for example).

I think you'd be alright with the new standards though. Perhaps it would be best to sketch it out, make a thread, and inquire of some of the Jedi LCJ first just to be sure.

It sounds fun, but also keep in mind white will be harder to keep clean and nice looking. You could also try a white scheme with some greys and or light blues if you wanted to match the environment of Ilum.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other problem with white is that it tends to wash out natural skin tones; few people look good in all white, and the brown leather would look out of place. You would be better served in ivories or off-whites, like Obi-Wan as a padawan. But I don't know if Jedi would cling to a temple as an identifying trait. Usually Jedi eschew any marks of loyalty and maintain a sense of neutrality. If you wanted an authentic Ilum look, you could be ambitious and go for Jedi snow gear, like Kenobi and Skywalker wear on Pantora's moon. That would be pretty cool.

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."
ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. A full-on white would be dubious. If you want to go with this Ivory or light cream or the like that fits well with your completion would be ideal.

Thanks Tag.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under the "formal" requirement of...
2. Leather or leather-like belt pouches (at least 2)
...do they have to be movie replicas, or can they be any leather pouch such as the following?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Multi-Tool-Case-POUCH-Brown-100-Genuine-Leather-belt-carry-Durable-/110903922169?pt=Tool_Boxes_Storage&hash=item19d2638df9#ht_670wt_1163

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Leather-Belt-Pouch-Mauser-Ammo-Pouch-Argentina-/270997751473?pt=US_CSA_MWA_Backpacks&hash=item3f18b986b1#ht_3095wt_1163

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Brown-Leather-Belt-Sheath-Pouch-for-Folding-Knife-or-Multi-tool-/310410018428?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4845e0fe7c#ht_5031wt_1163

Thanks!
ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is always nice to match the movies but I believe they can just be quality leather or leather0like pouches. It is always best to run that by a LCJ just to be sure.

If you go with something like you have pictured you might try a local thrift shop. These kind of pouches can often be found there and that way you can make sure the fit well with your other leather parts.
Archived Member Profile

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what size shoe are you. I have a pair of brown boots that I don't use anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: