About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b9ea3941d75199fb86744dd7c8b3178dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Issues with Saberforge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Yar-Nala ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've mentioned my interaction with Saberforge before...

All REALLY good.

Time to show how it turned out....
A quick teaser pic:

Full stuff here:
http://www.imperialroyalarms.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ira3&action=display&thread=551&page=1

JYN: http://tinyurl.com/6lsnbmv
OWK: http://tinyurl.com/6spls3v
LS: http://tinyurl.com/6sl7vnq
Rebel Pilot JYN: http://tinyurl.com/c5kexl6
Farlander ()

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never bought one through their direct website, but the two I've bought via eBay came. A little slow, and the edges need touch up, but they arrived.
Morrako ()

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is or has had problems with him and can prove it, report him to www.scambook.com
Jonin Voide ()

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: problems with saberforge? Reply with quote

i recently purchased the Sinister Prophecy off of ebay. It looked awesome and so i was expecting awesome and i was not dissapointed. i got mine about a week after buying it and its still going strong. my buddy and i battled the other day with his dual bladed saber from UltraSabers and guess what. my saber still works. both of his are broke. after taking a couple hard hits his purple saber turned pink, bright pink, and then red. changing the batteries did not help. he wrote UltraSabers and complained about it and the fact the heatsink made his handle hot. he received a rude reply and some ramblings about how he was ignorant to even suggest the heat sink would make the handle hot and that they made millions of dollars a year making sabers. long story short, my buddy will never buy from Ultra again but he is looking at a model from SaberForge. I have nothing but good things to say about SaberForge and no im not advertising for him. i dont give a poodoo what all you naysayers think. maybe you just got unlucky who knows. i will buy from saberforge again and now my buddy will as well.
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I no this is kinda off topic but I am going to say this for people who come here looking for reviews of sabers. ULTRASABERS is another buyer beware site. I got a saber used here and sent it to them to add some thing. They mixed up address labels and got two orders confused. When I e-maild them about this they said there was a note in every saber they ship BS! I did not get a note in my box nor the other guy his (his phone number was on the shipping address when he sent it to them and i called him.). I had to get the other guy to e-mail them as well and both of us had to get a bit rough. Will never buy from agin no matter what!!!
I have never bought from saber forge and both ultrasabers and these comments are turning me away from the saber community. Are there any good dealers out there besides Hasbro and there good FX line?

18 " aggressive negotiations "
Drazhar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh... the FX-Sabers community is reliable, then again none of them are major companies trying to sell hundreds or thousands of sabers at a time.
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks I have been on that site a number of time but always though since they are privet vendors they would be even more risky. Also they seem to have very strict buying rules like being there with so many post for so many years. I did manage to buy some LED lights from a guy though amd was a very good exprince may look into them some more.

Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The restrictions aren't against buying, its selling. You can make any purchase of any sale that is allowed on the site from your first login.

That is there to protect the community from fly by night folks and try to get some assurance to folks buying things off the site. Especially when it comes to putting money up front for runs, etc that you don't get immediate product. Don't want to see anyone getting ripped off.

Always feel free to ask questions on the site and reach out to the staff if you need help.

501st - IC8294
70th Explorers Commanding Officer
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thank you very much I misunderstood that a lot then =P. Thanks Ill deff have to check around then as I said I love saber collecting but it seems all the big names have very bad reps.

Kamin Ressik ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Often other sabersmiths will have a long wait list as well. Sometimes a year or more. You also get what you pay for. A $300 saberforge hilt or pay $1000 or more from another vendor.

Imperial Royal Arms on proboards also have some great machinists and sabersmiths.

http://www.imperialroyalarms.proboards.com/index.cgi

Industrial Action has an open spot right now and he does great work. If you want to see some of his work check out The Purge.

[quote author=industrialaction board=ira3 thread=1042 post=10204 time=1348101985][/quote]
Daddy Solo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently received an updated Fury hilt from him. I, like a lot of people had a previous bad experience w/ SF, but he seems to be trying to up his game so I gave him another shot - not bad this time around! Here is my reveal thread for the saber on IRA (also posted on RPF):

http://imperialroyalarms.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=ira3&action=display&thread=1107

Honestly, your best bet is to do business w/ him on ebay or Amazon IMO if you have any buying concerns. Hope this helps!

Last edited by Daddy Solo () on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Kamin Ressik ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently received a Saber Forge Princess Leia saber. Overall I give the experience a 10/10.

A full review can be found here.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=540151#540151

Last edited by Kamin Ressik () on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daddy Solo ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great review Luke, I mean Kamin! Very Happy

Kamin Ressik ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I go by both names although Kamin is more preferable to me now. Wink
n0c00lgamertag (David Sage)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: My Saber Forge Experience Reply with quote

I just finished up my Generic Jedi and put a lot of thought into where I was going to get my saber. Like other posts in this thread, my budget was far from unlimited and some of the recommended sabersmiths had setups that were $300+. My Jedi is my second costume and having blown a wad of cash on my TK, I was drawn to not only the design of the Saber Forge blades, but the price as well. I went through every post in this thread and considered the good and bad. I still really liked the look of Saber Forge and decided to take the plunge from eBay.
I went with the Justicar with a purple blade. I bought and paid last Friday. The communication between the seller and I was pretty good. A few hours turn around time from question to reply. I assumed this had to do with the Michigan (me) to California (him) time zone difference. I admittedly was worried the entire time I waited, thinking of previous posts about long delays. Well, one week later my box arrived. It was packed nicely and came with an brief instruction page on blade attachment and battery installation. The first thing I noticed was the weight. The hilt is heavy! Not in a bad way, but in a I could drop this off a building and it would make it through without a scratch heavy. The buttons are responsive. The screws were set right. The edges were clean.
After I installed the batteries (not included), and attached the blade with the included allen wrench, I fired up the saber. I liked the purple although I thought it would have been brighter based on pix of other sabers I have seen. I was advised by Saber Forge at the time of order though, that the purple was the least bright of the colors offered. It still looks cool though. So my second set of worries about sharp edges and faulty wiring have also been smashed.
Granted, I have only had the saber a few hours and most of that time has been in the hands of my boys who stole it when they got home from school, but something major would have to happen to it now for me to be against Saber Forge. And I understand that is entirely possible...
Here are some pix of the finished project. Hope it helps.

Last edited by n0c00lgamertag (David Sage) on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: