About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8c854860a8cd3965e20d2c10a179b612Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Searching for Red Coveralls...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Searching for Red Coveralls... Reply with quote

Greetings,

Well, it's about time I picked up a new pair of coveralls, the ones I have are too big for me now. But that problem is that I'm having a hard time finding any red coveralls. So far I've only found Dickies and Red Kap, but the Dickies pair (which is what I have now) has a pink hue to the red that I'm really not fond of, and the Red Kap I can't get a good idea of what color the coveralls are.
For the Red Kap, some sites show the red coveralls looking fairly light while other sites, like Automotive Workwear, show the same red Red Kap coveralls being very dark. American Work Apparel says that their coveralls are Red Kap but the picture looks like a Dickies (same pink hue, same gold zippers).

Does anyone know of a place that sells a pair of red coveralls with the fold-down collar? Just a straight red, not with a pink hue or anything...

B-wing Pilot - Anomid Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nickel (Nick Letcher)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are too pink, you could dye them to the correct color.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't want to bother with dying.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one knows where I might be able to find some red coveralls (and not red-pink, or "Imperial Red", I think Dickies called it)?

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Purple Dagger (Sean Phillips)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Searching for Red Coveralls... Reply with quote

Blue Banshee Leader wrote:
Greetings,
American Work Apparel says that their coveralls are Red Kap but the picture looks like a Dickies (same pink hue, same gold zippers).
Does anyone know of a place that sells a pair of red coveralls with the fold-down collar? Just a straight red, not with a pink hue or anything...

I have been working with mine as of late. Finnnaaaallly getting the pockets done for C6 I hope. They are from American Work Apparel, 100% cotton. I have never noticed a pink hue. If you are totally worried about it I would be happy to cut a scrap off and mail it to you to take a look. PM me your address and I can throw a stamp on a piece
These are my pockets yet to be fully sewn on.

They have a 40w halogen desk lamp about 2 feet to the right. Directly above is a low watt (15-20w?) fluorescent. Tabletop is somewhat glossy and the cutting mat is more flat.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Searching for Red Coveralls... Reply with quote

Purple Dagger wrote:

I have been working with mine as of late. Finnnaaaallly getting the pockets done for C6 I hope. They are from American Work Apparel, 100% cotton. I have never noticed a pink hue. If you are totally worried about it I would be happy to cut a scrap off and mail it to you to take a look. PM me your address and I can throw a stamp on a piece

If you wouldn't mind that would be awesome. I'll send you over a PM.

The pink tint on the Dickies isn't all that noticeable, really, but... I don't know... it just bugs me for some reason.

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: