About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6123e835dea45c31fe6b4237c025ba02Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Star Wars Night at the St. Joe Mustangs
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Star Wars Night at the St. Joe Mustangs
Event from Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:00 am to Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:00 am

When:
6 - 10 PM, Friday June 29

Where:
Phil Welch Stadium
2600 SW Parkway
St. Joseph MO 64503

What:
The St. Joseph Mustangs minor league baseball team has invited all the costume groups out for a Star Wars night promotion. We'll be hanging out and taking pictures with the crowd and maybe helping out with some on-field activities.

Please RSVP if you're going to be trooping so we can get you on the list to get in; and if you have friends/family that want to come along to watch, their tickets will be $4, so please post how many people you'll need those for as well (children 3 and under are free).

We will have a SMALL changing/storage area, so please try to keep some stuff in your car.

RL:
Bart G
Dave S
John S
Greg B

501st:
Sarah G
Bill H
Terry H
Dave W (tenative)
Laura W (tentative)
Nick L (tentative)

Last edited by gandalfbmg (Bart German) on Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:30 pm; edited 8 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zazarus (David Scheffner)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bart, you planning to keep track of everyone on this list or just the Legion members? You did open this up for all the costuming groups, right?
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zazarus wrote:
Hey Bart, you planning to keep track of everyone on this list or just the Legion members? You did open this up for all the costuming groups, right?

Yeah, it's been posted to the Mercs at least. I'm not sure if TDE and the 70th have or not, but they're invited... I can put you on the list for whichever you're wanting to do...

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
longshot7014 (William Holmes)
Dantooine Base XO
Dantooine Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in.

Dantooine Base - Rebel Legion
Base Executive Officer
Knight of the Jedi Order
Maurader Pilot Squadron

70th Explorers - 501st Legion (TK-7014)
Garrison Executive Officer

Yustapir Clan - Mandolorian Mercs
Boba Fett

Obsidian Spire - The Dark Empire (TDE-099)
Imperial Magistrate
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have about two weeks before I'll need the list to turn in for this one, so if you are in the fence about going, pleast let me know if you can or not soon!

We've only the barest representation in St. Joe, so this could really be a beachhead for establishing the costuming community in that city... if you know any members that're in rural NE Kansas or NW Missouri, make sure you let them know there's something closer to their area! If you have family/friends in St. Joe, invite them out to see us, etc.!

Zazarus (David Scheffner)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go ahead and count me in on this one, Bart. Most likely be my pilot for the heat.
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish they did Saturdays like they do minor league games up here. Can't make it way out to St Joe on a Friday night. Have a good troop!
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longshot7014 wrote:
Count me in.

Bill, what are you planning on taking to this? I gave them the RL and 501st logos for promotional purposes, but if you're wearing Mercs or TDE I want to make sure I get them the appropriate logo for that group as well...

gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are needing help figuring out where to go, here is a google map:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=2600+Southwest+Pkwy,+St+Joseph,+MO&hl=en&ll=39.738148,-94.826002&spn=0.041251,0.090551&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=43.307813,92.724609&oq=2600+SW+Parkway,+St&hnear=2600+Southwest+Pkwy,+St+Joseph,+Missouri+64503&t=m&z=14

From KC, you go up I-29, then in St. Joe take US 36 Hwy West, then take the 28th St. Exit, Go south on 28th St. a little ways and it's right there west of 28th St. where it meets the SE Parkway.

Battlerager ()
Assistant Captain of the Guard
Assistant Captain of the Guard

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be there as well.
Jedi Seever (John Seever)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart, instead of Hwy 36 W, why not go I-229 to 22nd Street. Than you are like 1.5 or so miles south.

1) Take the exit onto I-229 N toward Downtown/St Joseph
2) Take exit 3 for MO-371/22nd St
3) Turn right onto MO-371 N/S 22nd St
4) Turn right onto Southwest Pkwy
5) Destination will be on the left
Trousers, Belt and Obi: Completed
Boots: Pending
Robe: Pending
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Seever wrote:
Bart, instead of Hwy 36 W, why not go I-229 to 22nd Street. Than you are like 1.5 or so miles south.

1) Take the exit onto I-229 N toward Downtown/St Joseph
2) Take exit 3 for MO-371/22nd St
3) Turn right onto MO-371 N/S 22nd St
4) Turn right onto Southwest Pkwy
5) Destination will be on the left

That route works as well; I just figured people not familiar with the city would be more comfortable staying on I-29 longer, and stay of any of the 'twisty' parts of the Parkway system.

gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few notes about this event, as we get a little closer:

* I need to have a firm count by Monday, June 25 so I can submit the list to get our tickets to get in. This includes any friends/family that are coming with you as well.
* If you are trooping (plus Darryl and a couple handlers) you're ticket is free, friends and family that want to attend tickets are $4. Kids 3 and under are free. It is $1 hot dog and beer night, FYI.
* I will prepay for any of the $4 tickets we need and you can pay me back once inside (please bring cash for then Smile ). I'm working with them to make sure that you can just pick up your tickets at the window when you arrive.
* I'm still working on exact location for parking and storage once you get there. Most likely you'll just need to find me once you get in the gates; I should be in the area by mid-afternoon that day.
* They want to use us for pre-game and on-field between innings stuff, so be prepared Smile
* we could use another handler/photog spot, if there's someone that wants to come along that doesn't have a costume. I have a lot of family coming but they've got their and my kids to content with so anyone else that wants the job, let me know.

Jedi Seever (John Seever)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart, toss Heather an e-mail or message on Facebook. She has a good camera and I will toss you her e-mail via a pm.
Trousers, Belt and Obi: Completed
Boots: Pending
Robe: Pending
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Seever wrote:
Bart, toss Heather an e-mail or message on Facebook. She has a good camera and I will toss you her e-mail via a pm.

Will she be OK to do it with the kids in tow too?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base -> Dantooine Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: