About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2192105d67aede3779fc54cc9497ee07Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

The Time has come.....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ravenwood (Jeremy Horn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: The Time has come..... Reply with quote

I original posted this in the generic Legion forums, but decided it would be better to post it here as I am from Minnesota..

Well greetings my new friends, I have been reading the forums for some time, and decided now was the time to act. I just signed up and am currently working on a old republic Jedi costume and back story. I am very excited to be apart of the wonderful charity work that is done here. Now for a little bit about me.

My Name is Jeremy and I currently live in a small town in Minnesota, but grew up in England. I was born in 72 so as you can imagine I grew up with Star Wars in my blood and now that I am older, wiser and of course can afford to, I am going to become a Jedi and bring the magic that is the Star Wars world to the young and enchant them with the ways of the Jedi and story's of the old republic.
I am not new to character costuming, I have been playing a character at the MNRF for the past 4 years, for those that are interested here is his Face Book page. http://www.facebook.com/#!/jerome.flinn
I enjoy seeing the smiles on the kids faces, cuz its not everyday you meet a pirate looking forward to this same experience with my Jedi persona.

I have been putting together a back story for my Jedi character, here is the base of the character. Let me know what your thoughts are.

Name :- Obi-Diah Blaine

Diplomatic ambassador for the Jedi council.

Home World :- Alderaan

Last seen on the Forrest moon of Endor acting as the liaison in negotiating terms with the Ewoks during the construction of a new base. Has been know to frequently visit an old friend on Tatooine.

Fought in the clone wars. Seen in battle wielding a green saber said to be powered by a rare focusing crystal.

Current location unknown.

I am looking forward to meeting some of you, but until then may the force be with you all.
Ravenwood (Jeremy Horn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK have ordered some pieces for the costume and hope to have them soon to share. I decided after reading alot of reviews on the ForceFX Kit Fisto saber with removable blade. I am thinking of adding 8 orings to the ribbing on the handle to change it just a little. I thought the removable blade option would be a good idea so I can wear the saber on my belt and when needed can attach the blade for photos or duals. what is every ones thoughts on this saber?
Ravenwood (Jeremy Horn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got word that I should have the Obi, inner and outer tunics, tabards, cloak and boot early next week. Its really starting to come together.

Any tips or insights from anyone? seems to be a little quite in here, test test... is this thing on.... Ben
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the boards. Sorry about the lack of responding, it's summer time or getting there so it's busy for many of our Darth Reallives. Also we do the majority of our planning on other boards, so this one sadly gets little traffic do to that.
Is the small town you live in relatively close to the twin cities? We have a few people who live outside of, but the majority of us are around there.
One of our events that's coming up is a parade in June, on Saturday the 16th in St. Louis Park.
PM me if you're able to make that and I can get you the details. Even if you don't have the costume completed, I would encourage you to come (if it's not too far out of your way) to meet us and get a feel for the things we do.
Glad to hear your costume is coming along, I'm sure you're getting plenty of help in the Jedi forum but let me know if you're running into anything that is making you scratch your head!
Ravenwood (Jeremy Horn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Brian, I live in Kenyon which is between Faribault and Rochester, approx an hour or so from the cities. I was starting to think I smelt bad lol Smile I work most Saturdays but with plenty of notice can get some off. I will see what I can do to make it to the Parade in St Louis Park, if I can and don't have an approved costume I can always bring the camera and get some shots Smile

Have read most of the threads in the Jedi forums that relate to the costume I am going for. I hope to have it all together by the end June and at least submitted for approval.
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, our local Star Wars fanclub, MN Force, also hosts a party room at CONvergence every year, not sure if you're planning on going to that or not, but if you are you may want to drop by there too.

Edit: I should also mention that the parade is not an official event. So, if you're costume is mostly wearable, it will be more than welcome. But yes, even if you don't have anything coming along would be great fun. We always like handlers since a number of us wear costumes that restricts sight. And robes also help hide things, hehe. I could let you wear my robe for the parade as I will be wearing my Plo Koon and won't have a need for it.
Ravenwood (Jeremy Horn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have always wanted to go to CONvergence but I think this is something that will take planning and saving, so this year is probably out, but I will try to organize something for next year. It looks like a bunch of fun.
Ravenwood (Jeremy Horn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok recieved my saber yesterday and added the 8 orings to it. I think it really finishes it of and feels GREAT in the hand. Here is a befor and after. I did get some of my costume also and took a couple of pics that I posted in my thread on in the Jedi section, but they didnt turn out so good... damn camera phone saber

Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the additions, really gives it a nice custom look without going overboard.
I wonder how hard that would be to turn into a blue saber because that wouldn't be a bad Plo Koon saber...
Ravenwood (Jeremy Horn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I have the correct fitting oring on it it looks and feel great. I can wait to finish my costume. Just waiting on a few finishing pieces then will get some nicer photos and try for submission.

its a real shame they don't make all the removable blade sabers with the same connection so you could just switch out blade easily.

here is it with the right orings
Commander RK (Rob Keisacker)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice

Ravenwood (Jeremy Horn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK just got the word that the last parts to my costume will be shipped this week. Some final touches and then I can put it all together for some pictures. I am excited to submit my costume for approval......
Ravenwood (Jeremy Horn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummed, I got the package and the belt is the wrong size Sad so have to ship it back and they will be getting me the correct size.... so close to finishing Sad
Ravenwood (Jeremy Horn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting for the belt... Sad so I can submit my Jedi costume. At this rate I will have my pilot finished before my Jedi.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see the finished costumes! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: