About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=608a4d4e712f24e74534a856476809c8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Star Wars Weekend III in Taastrup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Nordic Base - Wampa's Cave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mara Skywalker (Anna)
Nordic Base CO
Nordic Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Star Wars Weekend III in Taastrup Reply with quote

Well, I guess it was never even mentioned here as an event, and to be honest, we weren't many people present, but I do think the event deserves a little mentioning here Smile

Troopers RL:
Mara Skywalker (sat, sun) (wearing not yet approved but submitted Padmé and Jedi)
Anakin Skywalker (sat, sun) (Wearing not yet approved but submitted Anakin + approved Jedi)
Neliel (Sat) (Padmé Arena outfit)
Lora Skywalker (Sun) (Flame gown)
Qui-Gina-Jinn (Sun) (Flame gown)

Troopers NG:
w3tscout (Sat, Sun I think) (Snowtrooper - brought Jawa kids, nice touch)
SL-150 (Sat) (Snowtrooper)
TK-4407 (Sun) (TK)

This was the annual Star Wars "celebration" in Taastrup, and this was the 5th year it took place. The event itself is a nice, cosy and relaxed get together of some returning dealers, the skywalker.dk group and other costuming groups. Star Wars weekend in Taastrup now takes place two times a year, with signings both times, so it has really grown, without getting "too big". This year we actually had Plo Koon signing, which is kinda cool!
We had a lot of fun at the event, and there was plenty of time to talk and hang out (and take photos to submit our new costumes Wink )
at 12 am we had a small parade down the Taastrup mainstreet (very hot) and people always enjoy seeing us roaming the street.
This year we were lucky enough that a local orchestra had volunteered to come and play for us, and they did a wonderful medley of Star Wars music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJWNj5KkT6E&feature=youtu.be

Monica, a friend of mine, recorded some of the concert, and she said I could post it here Smile

In the evening, some of us went out to eat at a local café - an annual tradition.

The event will return the first weekend of November - here's hoping we'll be more people then Smile Would be nice to see some more RL people here in DK Smile

The good:
Relaxed, laid back con. Lots of time to talk and chat. Parade down the main street was well received. Local orchestra playing was a nice touch. Dinner at Mango in the evening is always nice, and gives people time to chat and hang out. Also, Michael and Per (the organisers) almost always drop by with the actors, and people love hanging out with them Smile
Having Plo Koon there as a signer was a really good idea, and SHOULD have drawn many more kids.

the bad:
Four weeks prior to the event, Taastrup city had decided to move their annual "festival days", meaning the street was not closed off to traffic, and no flee market took place. This meant a lot less people out on the street. That, combined with Copenhagen Carnival meant very few people attended the event. Local newspaper reports that only 150 people paid at the door this saturday - last year, they had 800 through the doors. So it was VERY quiet
The weather was a contributing factor as well, as it was about 25 degrees celsius. This meant that the costumes were VERY hot (I felt warm in my sleepless night gown, and Kira was almost dying in her Anakin Razz )

I did not bring my camera (Silly me) But I'm sure Lora Skywalker will be able to provide some pictures Smile

Mynocks deliver Babies
Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what what you did there, Mara, and I will comply. Smile

Outside, drawing attention:

Hopefully a future member: Wink

Me being strangled by Mara (evil jedi in disguise as a good one):

The female jedis rule this part of the galaxy:

A group photo of the skywalker.dk people:

Mara and Ani being cute: Wink

This was a select few pics from the weekend, more can be seen here, but I don't have that many, and a fair deal are Mara's costume photos. Razz

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Jaina Solo-Fel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pictures, Lora Smile and well said, Mara. It was really too bad, that there weren't that many attending. But, Per and Michael obviously couldn't have predicted it when they planned the event Sad

Really looking forward to November Smile

The only surprise will be, if there are no surprises - Jaina Solo, LOF Invincible

Hey, the universe is the one with the problem. It's just the Solos' job to fix it - Jaina
Mara Skywalker (Anna)
Nordic Base CO
Nordic Base CO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for adding pictures to this thread, Lora Smile Greatly appreciated Smile

Mynocks deliver Babies
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Nordic Base - Wampa's Cave All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: