Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=029a2dd04aa5215ae21e6f4953740f64Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

My ERT (and attending events question)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Battlerager ()
Assistant Captain of the Guard

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: My ERT (and attending events question) Reply with quote

Afternoon! I met some of you at the Overland Park Comiccon back in March, and while I'm not a formal RL member, yet, I am closing in on finalizing my costume. I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist...and a nut over quality...

Here's some pictures of my fiancee and I attending the Dallas 2012 ComicCon event in Irving, TX this past weekend, also gives you an idea of how my ERT is coming.

In short, I'm working on a comparably acceptable blaster rifle - I know I can use a modified Hasbro DH-17, but I'm trying to locate an Endor Commando Rifle.

Quick question for other members...how would you all feel about a 'non-member' like me attending the formal events and helping support the group? That way y'all can get to know me and I can get to know you. (I also contacted one of the Base C/O's about this as well)

[/img]

Last edited by Battlerager () on Thu May 24, 2012 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ERT is looking fantastic so far. The only one I've seen that makes the parts for the ERT rifle is on a break until September the last I read and they are very hard to come by. If you attend any event that I am though you are more than welcome to borrow mine as I have an ERT that is almost done as well, but like you haven't submitted until its right. I'd be happy to have you come out and get to know everyone and help with the events.
Zazarus (David Scheffner)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the one coming back in Sept the same one you got Rich? I'm kicking around doing an ERT as well but was looking at doing something like E-11 until I could get the right one.
gandalfbmg (Bart German)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Chris make his ERT riffle from an airsoft gun?

Dantooine Base: Keeping flyover country Imperial-free since 2007
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We both did ours from airsoft guns, but with the parts kit from tk560. They are the only ones that have made the parts I've seen.
Battlerager ()

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, and that's the same kit I'm waiting on to try an order. I thought I secured a source for the rifle, but never heard back...

As you can see, I'm basically only missing a weapon before submitting the costume. I've got more belt packs and a backpack/carrypack that I just wasn't wearing when the picture was taken. Almost there, just need to stay on target...
Pyr Landis (Chris Roberts)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, just stay on target. You are almost there, and it is good to have another ERT in the area.
Snake Eyes: The Finest Official Member
Firefly: The Finest Official Member
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Dantooine Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: