About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5624ac4219d4994f797cd138cc0e6509Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Anyone wants to assits me in making a Pilot Radio Chatter
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SapphireGypsy ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do a podcast so I've got a nice mic setup. If there's specific things you want said let me know. I'd gladly help.
FallenJedi ()
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have actual dialog and pilot chatter from the films, especially the death star trench run in ANH & the second death star battle over Endor in ROTJ.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Wars scripts:

http://www.blueharvest.net/scoops/
Iron Edge (Ian Cook)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you use a sound filter for the clips? Ive been wanting to do some thing similar, but have the recordings have that distorted sound like in the movies, i was even thinking some sort of comm system/walkie talkie with a slight distortion would be cool to communicate across the con floor with your wing mates or flight control, how to accomplish that practically is abit beyond me.

Ravenwood (Jeremy Horn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to work on something like this during the year. My thoughts are having something in the helmet so it sounds like the chatter is coming from the head set in the helmet. Should be easy enough to put together, just a cheap MP3 player and a small plug in speaker that can be mounted inside the helmet. here is a link to a lot of the movie clips I could find if it helps any of you. I am going to try to find a mic de-key sound FX to splice between each clip so it flows, haven't had any luck finding a good one yet, but will keep looking, unless any of you have something like that?
here is the link to my sound files.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/57bghw9opmh28va/jBOSITOKLN

UPDATE:- I just found the fill sounds I was looking for and have added them to the file above.

Last edited by Ravenwood (Jeremy Horn) on Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You found the sounds in a Han Solo belt on Ebay? That's convenient. Laughing

B-wing Pilot - Anomid Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ravenwood (Jeremy Horn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually after a load of web searching I found this site, has a bunch of sound clips from the movies check it out.

http://www.moviewavs.com/Movies/Star_Wars_Episode_IV_A_New_Hope_p4.html
Ravenwood (Jeremy Horn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I just finished cropping and adding a Mic de-key sound to the end of every sound file so it all flows together. Go take a look, just play all of the files. I think it sounds pretty good, Next thing will be to get a cheap MP3 play and see what it sounds like through ear bud headphones at max volume. Let me know what you think, here is the link again.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/57bghw9opmh28va/jBOSITOKLN
FallenJedi ()
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are nice Jeremy, Thank you. Thumbs up I saw a cheap ($10) mp3 speaker system at Walmart that is small enough to fit inside the back of the chest box that should work great.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Banshee Leader wrote:
This is what I use for sound effects with my outfits. It's been fun. Laughing

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/interactive/a5bf/

That is awesome
Ravenwood (Jeremy Horn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FallenJedi wrote:
Those are nice Jeremy, Thank you. Thumbs up I saw a cheap ($10) mp3 speaker system at Walmart that is small enough to fit inside the back of the chest box that should work great.

No problem. I just ordered my bucket from Rando so will be a few month before I can test it out inside the helmet. I really want it to sound like its coming from the head set in the helmet, but not actually coming from there so its not blasting in your ears when you are wearing it lol. I was thinking of having the speaker or ear buds to the lower back of the helmet and the MP3 play to one side.
Ravenwood (Jeremy Horn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking maybe something like this. Compact and could easily add Velcro and put it anywhere.... what do you think?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ematic-4GB-MP3-Player-with-Speaker-and-FM-Radio/15993748#Product+Reviews
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravenwood wrote:
I am thinking maybe something like this. Compact and could easily add Velcro and put it anywhere.... what do you think?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ematic-4GB-MP3-Player-with-Speaker-and-FM-Radio/15993748#Product+Reviews

Looks handy. My only thought, though, is that if you velcro it in somewhere... how will you get to it to switch around sounds? You'd have to be able to easily access it to select the sound you want at the time you want it.

I broke my ThinkGeek sound effects shirt when I was trying to plug a wire back into it (the plug connection is really, really tiny), and while I broke down and purchased another one, I also picked up another MP3 player that I'm thinking of using. It's a little R2-D2 MP3 player, which I thought would be kind of neat even if I had it visible in my hand sometimes, as it's R2-D2. I've just been trying to find a cheap, small speaker (with cord) that I can hook it up to, and I can set the speaker inside my chestbox...

B-wing Pilot - Anomid Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ravenwood (Jeremy Horn)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats cool, I went and ordered one of those little MP3 players with a built in speaker. Will see if it will work or not. I will have the mp3's on a look so will only need to access the play/stop button. If its mounted some where in the helmet that is easy accessible then it should work just fine... in theory lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: