Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=535847bcfdb464009fbd208bde9a914aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Welcome new 2013 members, please introduce yourself here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Julie ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I heard about your group on the “501st website” and theirs from a mention in a casual conversation. My interest in costumes and costuming goes back to undergraduate days in Theater. After a gap of many years I met the woman who is currently my Mother Superior when she was briefly the web master for a Klingon Group. While I am an ecumenical nun, my mild mannered alter ego is as a businesswoman 8:00 am to 6:30 pm 4 days a week (it helps pay the bills where we currently reside in the suburbs of Chicago).

I became interested in costuming again when my sister, a friend and I created some costumes for Teslacon 2011. With my sister's sewing help, and my leather work (including hardened leather masks) my efforts resulted in a matching Torchwood Military officer and a steampunk klingon.

With the advent of Star Wars The Old Republic, I find my interest in Star Wars once again re ignited. I like Twi’lek characters and I believe my leatherworking skills are up to the challenge. However, while I am interested in the Ayala Secura but I don’t know that my 50+ year old figure is up to an outfit with a bare midriff. Can I do a “generic jedi” but also make the Jedi a Twi’lek?

Julie
SapphireGypsy ()

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I introduced myself over in the Dantooine base but never here. My name is Kristan, but you can call me Sapph... I actually answer to it better. I've been costuming for several years. Did the ren first thing with my family for years then my husband (boyfriend at the time) decided to buy a Force Effects saber. Which turned unto a dare to make him Jedi robes..... That he never wore. So I did. For Halloween that year with a store bought linen shirt and knee high, high heel boots. I had so much fun I decided to make myself the rest of the Jedi garb, and then it hung out in my closet for a while since I was doing the superhero costuming thing.

But after an epiphany at C2E2 this year, that I was happiest when I was interacting with the kids in costume, I realized it was time to pull out the Jedi robes and finish that beast off.

So here I am.

Nice to meet you all, even nicer to see some of my hero costuming friends from other sites here as well. Very Happy
Cyouwa ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello fellow Rebels,

I'm Cyouwa, 28. I'm a huge Star Wars fan although my addiction is quite recent compared to many of you here. I'm just discovering the Extended Universe, and it is quite vast and amazing. I recently found out about the Rebel Legion while wondering if there was any Jedi-ish counterpart to the 501st I could join for the sake of Star Wars fun. Being very shy, I've been reading the forum, pondering on joining for a few months now... But time has come !
I'll give a try at a "Old Republic-style" Jedi costume, but there's a lot I need to ask you all before it is completed, so please bear with me and my total lack of knowledge !

I moved in Japan 1 year ago and I would love to make friends from here and all over the world sharing the same passion. I hope Japan Base is still alive !

Pleased to meet you anyway Smile
よろしくね!
elderpresto (Brian)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to get my hi out there. I am really enjoying trooping and look forward to STAR WARS WEEKENDS!!!!!!
jedimika ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like hearing all the different stories and backgrounds from our new forum members. Welcome all!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I recently joined the forums and will hopefully be submitting a costume for full membership in just a few weeks (so close!) I'm a college student only a week and a half away from getting my bachelor's. I got a sewing machine for christmas a few years ago, after making a comforter for a friend's wedding gift, and have gradually started making bits and pieces to Star Wars costumes. So far I'm almost done with a OR jedi, just need to redo my sash/obi and just get around to ordering a covertec clip Rolling Eyes and just need to finish the hems and collar to complete my Mon Mothma ep3 dress Smile
JediMasterMark (Mark Jones)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard to all our new members! If you need help, just ask - lots of helpful people around to contribute to getting you up to speed and accepted quickly!
ElderJediSL ()

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: Welcome new 2012 members, please introduce yourself here Reply with quote

I am putting the finishing touches on my Jedi costume. I thought I would start out simply by making a Jedi costume first. Someday I will make more, but life is getting in the way.
I am JediElder, because I am an ordained Elder in the Community of Christ and I also have done some study on the religion of Jedism as well.
I can't wait for my life to slow down a bit so I can devote more time to my costuming and and Star Wars life. Cool
Thanks for being around!
nancylynn ()

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there!

My name is Nancy & I just joined RL. I've been a huge SW nut since childhood and have been SW costuming for several years. I was just recently transferred away from like-minded friends (I'm in the Air Force) and am looking to meet new folks. I now live in Napa, Ca. so I can't really complain about the transfer...it's gorgeous here Smile

I have the Senatorial Leia that I haven't submitted yet because it's taken a little beating over the past few years and needs an overhaul. Once it's up to par I'll be submitting it Smile I'm also currently working on a Leia ceremonial which will probably be my first submission.

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Cheers,

Nancy
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Re: Welcome new 2012 members, please introduce yourself here Reply with quote

Welcome all to all the new comers to the Legion!

Sapph - Will be very glad to have you in Dantooine Base!

ElderJediSL wrote:
I am putting the finishing touches on my Jedi costume. I thought I would start out simply by making a Jedi costume first. Someday I will make more, but life is getting in the way.
I am JediElder, because I am an ordained Elder in the Community of Christ and I also have done some study on the religion of Jedism as well.
I can't wait for my life to slow down a bit so I can devote more time to my costuming and and Star Wars life. Cool
Thanks for being around!

Please let us know if there is anything we do to help you out. Dantooine Base covers Kansas so please feel free to drop us a line!
Roheryn ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!
My name is Ester, and as of today a Rebel Legion active member. Yay! I basically grew up with Star Wars since my fahter is a big fan of the early movies. My sister and I used to battle each other with little action figures and our AT-ST. I've done some costuming lately, but only this year I got my first SW costume.
At the FantasyFestival in Utrecht-Netherlands were the 501st has a stand each year, I got to talk with one of the troopers who said I should apply for membership at the RL. So thank you Geert, here I am!
My character is Kayla Darklighter. I will start working on some Lekku for a new costume this summer.
jedimika ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations and welcome to the Rebel Legion!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day,

My name is Doc and I have been a costumer for a long time.
I will show off pictures soon.
I have noticed a lack of SW aliens around, and so i do a lot of alien costumes. I am also up to help others build a costume.

the people in Colorado may have heard of me. blah blah blah I dont know what else to say so that's it. for now.
Roheryn ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see pics! Love alien costumes, but since I am in no way capable of making one of my own.... sigh....
nicktheguy ()

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a newbie here - I have been a member of COW for several years and also a member of the Dented Helmet. I am currently trying to put together a rebel pilot. I am excited to be a member here. I work in the film industry and am finishing my PhD in theatre and film history.

If anyone is interested I have a couple SW fan films up on YouTube - you can find them by searching "The Lonely Stormtrooper" and "Adventures in Babysithing"

Feels great to be here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 5 of 17

Jump to: