About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f47f152908e4ffe5813541f1aa486ce4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Atrus Padawan build thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Delpa Gival (Patrick Delieto)
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: belt Reply with quote

Lol..ok thanks for that.
Atrus ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL aww no worries and thanks for looking for it anyway!!

I do agree it's nice to get it right the first time...but I am patient and these pouches will look good on other costumes. They came on Friday and look really nice, to me anyway. They also match the other pouch I had in mind (where I'd have to hide the string) and look snazzy on the belt. Not too beat up at all, much better in person than that photo suggests; and it matches the character so I hope it all goes smoothly. I like a rugged Jedi!

Next...boots!

"It will be a hard life. One without reward, without remorse, without regret, a path will be placed before you. The choice is yours alone, do what you think you cannot do. It will be a hard life, but you will find out who you are."
Atrus ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought my saber after much debate, the beautiful Bellicose with a green blade.

http://www.ultrasabers.com/product-p/stunt-bellicose.htm

since I do not plan to be carrying it around with the blade on it (I prefer keeping it clipped to the belt at all times, Jedi certainly didn't walk around brandishing their weapon in civilian crowds lol) I couldn't justify the 100.00 it would cost to add sound, so it's sans sound.

But it will still have that pretty blade. Smile

Only the boots now. By June, I'll be all ready!

"It will be a hard life. One without reward, without remorse, without regret, a path will be placed before you. The choice is yours alone, do what you think you cannot do. It will be a hard life, but you will find out who you are."
Delpa Gival (Patrick Delieto)
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Saber Reply with quote

Nice! Very Nice! Ben
JediMasterMark (Mark Jones)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atrus wrote:

since I do not plan to be carrying it around with the blade on it (I prefer keeping it clipped to the belt at all times, Jedi certainly didn't walk around brandishing their weapon in civilian crowds lol) I couldn't justify the 100.00 it would cost to add sound, so it's sans sound.

Sans sound is not a problem - it can tend to get a little buzzy when standing around with it ignited for a long period of time.

But I find I actually do brandish it at civilian crowds rather often - they tend to actually like that. Wink If you do desire such a thing, one trick I use to allow for the best of both worlds is a sleeve of similar material that I stitched into the inner left seam of my robe. Just a little long rectangle of material and you can slide the blade into that for safekeeping while your hilt hangs from your belt. It's totally invisible to the outside world. When those photo ops come up, re-attach the blade on the fly (a little tougher with the retention wrench there, but that's what pouches are for) and you're ready to light it up for photos with people.
Atrus ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

I was pretty diss appointed to not be able to have the sound option, but, thre are two other costumes I'm working on at the moment and have to be sensible with how often it will (or will not) get used. I understand how people like them for photos, though!! Perhaps after I mess around with the disconnection and saber itself I can give keeping it unsheathed a go...it's my first saber, after all, and I'm pretty happy!!

Great advice on where to keep the blade hidden, too. My arms are pretty short, but, it's worth a try and options are invaluable.

Keep you updated!

Endorscout64

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Danielle, your Padawan is formal! This thread is now closed.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: