Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3fe1981bd6044b9b4d20df6b238f3c2dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Event: Wellsville Hot Air Balloon Festival

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HothGirl ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Event: Wellsville Hot Air Balloon Festival Reply with quote

Wellsville, NY Hot Air Balloon Festival - July 16th

(Yes I know this would be a trek for most of you, but I wanted to post the invite all the same.  )

The annual Hot Air Balloon Festival is held the weekend of July 15th-17th in Wellsville, NY.

This year, the area Star Wars costuming groups have been invited to attend the sidewalk sales downtown on Saturday and help raise money for the SPCA (a local no-kill animal shelter that survives on donations and fundraising alone).

The times are not set in stone yet, but right now it looks like we will be downtown in costume from 10:30am until approximately 3:30pm. Our 'base of operations' is on the library lawn, where the children's activities are but we've also bee told that we can roam around Main Street if we choose (the street is blocked off for the other vendors and groups as well). Basically, we will be posing for pictures (Polaroid’s) to help raise money for the SPCA. (There will have water and juice there, and they've placed us near some shade as well).

After the event, everyone is invited to my house (well, my parents house) to grab a quick bite and cool down (we're thinking bbq and swimming as I have a pool). Then around 6:15pm or so, those that want to can head down the launch site and watch the evening balloon launch. (The launch site is near my house and we will not be in costume for this - just to have fun!)

In the next week or so I should have more updates, but this is the tentative plan. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks so much and I really hope some of you will be able to make it down!

~ Katie

A bit more information on the rally can be found at: http://www.wellsvilleballoonrally.com

Former User Echo Base

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Event: Wellsville Hot Air Balloon Festival Reply with quote

Awww man!  Katie, I'd love to go but I already have plans. 
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Event: Wellsville Hot Air Balloon Festival Reply with quote

I have a Lightsaber choreography class I have to go to... sorry!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JediMom3 (Andrea Samulewicz)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Event: Wellsville Hot Air Balloon Festival Reply with quote

Quote: Originally posted by JediXXL on 03 July 2005

I have a Lightsaber choreography class I have to go to... sorry!

Yeah I have seen your lightsaber technique, you better not miss class!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: