About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=99e347a457a6fd9976e033ccc87853ccMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Blaster Type

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryong Kai (Brian Mah)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Blaster Type Reply with quote

I am in the process of having a blaster made. The holster will be an generic SW blaster holster.

I keep hearing comments from members. I want to get some kind of official confirmation on what is an acceptable blaster type.
Public Relations Officer

Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people just use a DL-44 or a DH-17. I rarely see anything straying from one of those. I've seen the occasional Power-5 as well, but not too often.

I've made a couple custom blasters for my B-wing pilot outfit, mostly because I don't want to put a big holster on it. But neither of them are entirely canon.
The first was a small square blaster that folded up and I made a tiny holster for it. The one that I'm working on now, which I'm liking better, is basically a modified version of the the Defender sporting blaster that Leia had in A New Hope-- I'm trying to make it look like the blaster that the latest B-wing pilot figures come with.

B-wing Pilot - Anomid Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reaper (Ed)
Legion Legacy Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any Star Wars blaster would be fine. The sidearm I carried for the longest was a custom made Bryar Heavy Blaster pistol Based on the Dark Forces design. I've armed many pilots over the years, with everything from Custom designed DL-44s (mixing elements from all 4 official designs in something a bit more personalized) DH-17s, Custom panted asnd scoped Westars (jango pistols) The DL-21 (Hoth Rebel Blaster) and 2 custom DL-21's with DL-44 flashhiders replacing the motar fins) I even armed one person with a custom version of Greedo's Blaster, based on the Rugar Mk I target pistol. A couple of Pilots also got Leia ROTJ pistols. I know one pilot who used a Leia ANH blaster as well.

I've seen pilots use E-11s as well Lumwyrm had a Hasbro E-11 with a sling added so he didn't need a holster. He later had holster made but never took the sling off the blaster. I've made belt holsters for Biker Scout blasters that could be used for a pilot. I had a Battledroid blaster that could have been used. And Always liked the Clone Commando Sidearm. that would work as well.

Then you had people who used non Star Wars sidearms. Lumwyrm also used the Nerf Maverick (repainted) that I designed a holster for so he could carry that. The series one RL trading cards featured one of Lum and I in our custom pilot flightsuits. he was armed with the Maveric there. I since made one more of those monsters.

It comes down to picking a blaster you like, and that would make sense. any prequel blaster works, cause it would be surplus and available. Imperial sidearms would work cause you could have easilly picked it off a dead Imperial (this would also include the gunbelt and holster)

personally, if I was to put the Orange on again, I have a gunbelt and holster set up that I would use my Classic BSG laser. But then again, I'd not be resubmittign membership pictures for the costume, so no one can object Wink lol

Blackstar Squadron
Ryong Kai (Brian Mah)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info.

The reason I ask is because I am have a custom blaster made by Advanced Light Weaponry.

Here is the blaster I am having built (Capt. Harlock blaster).
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1luLRXKoJM8/ScjdQj68uWI/AAAAAAAAPVo/z8fNWF8j3yY/s1600-h/cosmo+dragoon.jpg

Character story.

My character (Ryong Kai) deflected a blaster shot from a Gamorrean bounty hunter. Ryong Kai used his saber to cut the arm of the Gamorrean. He saw that the blaster came from a pirate. Ryong eventually found the captain of the slain owner. The captain told Ryong that the blaster is a gift for getting rid of the slow witted Gamorrean.
(story is evolving)
Public Relations Officer

Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh heh, I see there's a fellow anime fan. Cool

If I could find one, I'd love to have a Naban Type 62 for my blaster (Zeon gun from Mobile Suit Gundam)...
http://www.hlj.com/product/BCL2382

B-wing Pilot - Anomid Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JediXXL (Gil Guemes)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see no problem with that blaster as a reminder of your mis spent youth in Arcadia Wink

Boba Fett's gun has a similar six-gun look to it so it's not too out of place to fit into the Star Wars universe...

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ryong Kai (Brian Mah)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool. thanks for the feedback.

Gundam is a cool anime. I liked Sgt. Frog (Keroro Gunsu) because it had a lot of parody of anime like Gundam.
Public Relations Officer

bigironvault ()

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister's got a DL44 from DoopyDoos and a holster made by Mosci (who's on these forums). Got to build the DL44 for her but I think it's going to look pretty good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: