Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=432269a839ebae42765915945c003e9aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Forceflaw's costume build thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediMasterMark (Mark Jones)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Forceflaw's costume build thread Reply with quote

For notes about Forceflaw's Jedi costume.
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Hey every one Reply with quote

Ok so after posting some things in the wrong place I got it right. Here are the pics of my costume parts I am ordering let me know what you think good or bad Thanks! P.S will this also be good enough to get me in the jedi order, if not what needs improved.

I will have a beige sash so if I want to do an Obi ep3 all I would need is pants and tabards

saber with chrome finish will have silver blade and have color disks for color Change if I want (will use green and blues only)

also just a few other questions

1. when you make your character do you make your own jedi rank to?
2. whats with the jedi temple subgroup?
3. any one from around berks, lebanon or dolphin county pa?

Last edited by forceflaw (jarred daski) on Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Force I will answer your three questions as best as I can.

1. When you make a costume of a generic character (solider, pilot, Jedi), rank is up to the maker.

2. The Jedi temple subgroup is a base detachment, a place where members who have the same costume group. The Jedi have a temple, the Troopers have squad, etc. the base detachment works on promoting the costume in the base territory and help other base members who wish to make a costume.

3. We do have a number of members who either live in the counties or close to them. Our PA Chewie lives close to Reading so does our PA resident Luke. Our Temple master lives in Dolphin Couty so does our PA resident Princess Leia
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks! I was jw how many other legion members wear near me (leb. county) Its nice to know that there are others local
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another ?. Ok so it seems that old repbulic Jedi are about the same as new minuse that cover tech d ring. If I submitt my costume as old with a cover tech could I then get a d ring holder submit that with the same
Costume and have it be a new republic?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - the New Republic standards are built around an amalgam of OR and NR Jedi. We see OR stylings in NR times (Grandmaster Luke, for example). So you can swap your Covertec out for a d-ring hook and would be good to go for that era as well.

To add for your awareness for the Episode 3 Obi-Wan, there are a number of differences between generics and OWK. The boots are different, the tabard colors are different, additional pouches, different lightsaber, different colored belt, and you'd want to get a traditional Covertec clip. I say this so if you're going to invest significant money in, say, the boots for example, you may want to get OWK's boots instead (you can apply the same logic to the lightsaber). They can certainly be used for generic Jedi and then you've already got a cross-costume piece ready to go. I use my OWK boots for a number of my other costumes.

That being said, take the same advice that Tim gave me when I joined (feels like so long ago, but just yesterday)... first get in as generic Jedi to start trooping and gather info, then upgrade to go to a face character like Obi-Wan!

Hey, if you're local, you should come out to free comic book day in Mechanicsburg next Saturday. A group of us are going to be there and it would be sweet to let you see what happens at a troop and get first hand experience, even if just as a squire.
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for the help what comic shop is it at? What time will you guys be there I deff would love to come and get a chance to meet and talk. I do have a number of obi parts already I have the MR obi ep3 saber and my Jedi costume will be a bit Diff then that pic it will have tucked shoulders as well as a double leppel coller and the Tabards will be fit to obi standards. But thanks you because you have deff answerd all te questions I have at this point :p. thanks agin
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be at Comix Connection, 6200 Carlisle Pike, Suite C, Mechanicsburg. We should be there starting at 11 and it should run until about 3, so pop by whenever. You'll spot the Jedi General along with Barriss Offee if you do come by, along with a bunch of those Imperialist... er... Imperials. Smile
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so NR Jedi only need D ring hook or Dring hook amd Dring on saber? Sorry if that's a dumb question
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: update Reply with quote

Hey just giving every one an update so you know I haven't lost interest. I have my boots, belt, and clip now. Saber and robes should be in by end of next week I will then post pics of my self in costume on here as well as submit for approval.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answering previous question first: for NR Jedi, you just need the d-ring hook on the belt. It's not a dumb question - it's a confusing way the standard is written, and about to be formally clarified!

Second, we're looking forward to your costume images! Be sure and post them up here and it'll get the once over before you submit for approval. This will save you a lot of back and forth with costume judges and get you a quicker, easy approval (believe me, I know, lol).
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha ok thanks! also I rechecked the costume standards "2. Earth tone tabards (must extend below obi in front - aprox 1/2 way between obi & bottom of outer tunic / can end at obi in rear)" so if my tabards are longer then that will I have to cut them/ redo them?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, sir! If anything, longer is better. You probably will want to shoot for them to be at least to the bottom hem of the outer tunic in the front. In the back, it can stop at the obi or continue to bottom of hem. In either case, longer is fine.
HooliganJim ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey just my 2 cents... that looks like a belt on ebay, correct? if so order it a size bigger it runs a bit small..... or maybe i put on more weight then I want to admit... the pouches open but are not big enough inside to hold much of anything...
forceflaw (jarred daski)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HooliganJim wrote:
hey just my 2 cents... that looks like a belt on ebay, correct? if so order it a size bigger it runs a bit small..... or maybe i put on more weight then I want to admit... the pouches open but are not big enough inside to hold much of anything...

I wish I could have gotten a size smaller I got a S and it just barley fits hopefully when I add another 2 layers with both tunics and Obi it will fit right. I am using the one pouch for an allen wrench for my saber 1 pouch for cash and one pouch for my d ring with hanger d ring hook and bigger allen wrench for on the go swapping of O.R jedi and N.R jedi I also filled the capsules with Pixi stick powder =P colored sugar is considered food and energy for a jedi right?. I just got my robes ect. will iron them and have pics of them up by end of the night
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: