About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=21cd31e5532e78778f1bd02ae3443cc5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Alliance Officer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Torak (Alexis)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Alliance Officer Reply with quote

Hello everyone Smile

First, a little presentation. I'm a scout trooper of the 501st French Garrison and I want to join the Rebel Alliance. So, I follow the same way of Crix Madine and I decided in few month ago to become an officer of ROTJ.

You can see it here :
- the first picture before it was finish, but it's the only one with complete view : http://upload.lexinfo.fr/officer/Officer_2.jpg
- the second is with belt attached, and greeblies : http://upload.lexinfo.fr/officer/Officer_1.jpg
- picture of the belt and his pouch : http://upload.lexinfo.fr/sacoche_GenRL.JPG

I have some little things to fix (collar insignia who turns, shoulders pockets, and belt pouch who is too back), but my problem is the gauntlets. I'm looking for cloth material for add cuff on suede leather gloves. But it's not simple at this time, so I'm looking for temporary gauntlets for the validation.

My question is : X-wing/TIE pilot gauntlets (http://www.vaderdave.com/TIE2.jpg) could be ok for this costume ?

Thanks for your help. In addition, if you see a bad thing on pictures, don't hesitate to say it to me Smile
Okami Dai ()
Alpine Outpost CO
Alpine Outpost CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to the RL forum!

As I´m working on this costume, too, I´d like to give you a feedback on your build:
The overall view is very nice, the colours "work together" quite well.

- I would try to cover the (dark) shirt button, the original Madine uniform reaches so high that the top button of the shirt can´t be seen. Maybe you could try to add a bib on the shirt, like RFT´s have, than the button is covered by the bib.

- On my uniform I try to make it fitting very tight, so that there are no crinkles under the belt. Maybe you could take away some fabric from the middle to avoid the crinkles the picture shows...?

That´s the two things I(!) would try to improve, but I am no costume judge!

I think "standard" pilot gloves should work quite well for Madine...

Good luck for your registration!
A-Wing Pilot
Jedi Knight
Torak (Alexis)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your feedback !

In fact, I think I will make (my mother will make Rolling Eyes ) an other uniform, with more accurate measures, in next month. It was designed to distance. But the first picture had not a good visual rendering for this aspect, it was better during the convention.

I was hope the top button was not so visible ... Mr. Green I'll try to hide it with your tip, it will be better Smile

In addition I want to repaint the greeblies, the light blue is to light ... Mad

In other way, I find other provisional gloves : http://www.leboncoin.fr/vetements/269596585.htm?ca=12_s
The problem is the "beige thing" but I think I could hide it.

Thank you again Smile
Okami Dai ()
Alpine Outpost CO
Alpine Outpost CO

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These gloves would be perfect if you could remove the fur from the inside!

Oh, and I even didn´t see the light blue of the communicator! I´m going to paint mine, together with the rank greeblies, in two different grays and black for the two "buttons"; it just has to arrive from the US!

Again, good luck for your (or your mothers!) second try. This uniform looks "easy", but I´ve learned that it can be quite tricky...
A-Wing Pilot
Jedi Knight
Torak (Alexis)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okami Dai wrote:
Oh, and I even didn´t see the light blue of the communicator! I´m going to paint mine, together with the rank greeblies, in two different grays and black for the two "buttons"; it just has to arrive from the US!

As I don't make specificaly Crix Madine, I based my paint on the Lando Calrissian communicator, you can have a good view with the blueray. All communicators seems to be similar.
I think the main part is in blue like the shirt. The 2 buttons must be in dark blue, and the rectangle part in dark gray. But it's my view, may be I'm wrong !
Okami Dai ()
Alpine Outpost CO
Alpine Outpost CO

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never saw any blue on the communicator, but you made me curious!

From my point of view, after looking at all my reference pics I have, and finding this:
http://rebelshaven.com/etbadge.html

...I decided to paint my comm like shown in the link. This seems to be the most accurate colour combination, maybe the ground plate could be done in some "blueish grey", buttons blue and rectangular piece in black or dark gray.

The rank greeblies seem to be of (blueish)gray colour with gold/ yellow stripes on it.

I hope to find some time to go on painting and sewing...
A-Wing Pilot
Jedi Knight
Torak (Alexis)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your link, I never see it before. If you see the communicator of Crix Madine, I think the ground plate is blue like the shirt and the buttons in a blue more dark than communicator. You're right, the rectangular piece is in black.

For the greeblies, for me it's the same color than the ground plate of the communicator. The stripes may be in gray or gold ... it's difficult to see it. I painted it in light gray.

A costume judge opinion could be good Razz
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to the colors on the rank badge...
anything close is good enough

We don't have much of any good reference photos on those small pieces..
as a matter of fact...
what has already been posted here for reference shots of the rank badge and pips are about the same as I have been using for reference...
and I would not claim to be an all out expert on those pips and rank badge...

again...
anything that is close is fine.....

The only thing that I would change is that those pockets on the capped sleeve vest appear to be a little too large...

I do like the costume...and plan on making one of those for myself at some point...
but...probably will be awhile...

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: