Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c5200f33a53f9f5067e0cf84a90f6e8eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

HELP! Need Han ROTJ duster reference pics and info??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrewshaddox ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: HELP! Need Han ROTJ duster reference pics and info?? Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I'm trying to upgrade my ESB Han into an Endor Han but I'm having a REALLY hard time finding reference pics, and i hear a lot of things about what it was made from? Duster or lab coat, and if they even make lab coats that long? Any help would be great!

Spice Runners Squadron XO
"Don't everyone thank me at once." - Han Solo
Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: HELP! Need Han ROTJ duster reference pics and info?? Reply with quote

andrewshaddox wrote:
Hey everyone, I'm trying to upgrade my ESB Han into an Endor Han but I'm having a REALLY hard time finding reference pics, and i hear a lot of things about what it was made from? Duster or lab coat, and if they even make lab coats that long? Any help would be great!

Hello,
here is our current ROTJ Han Solo library ... http://s590.photobucket.com/albums/ss350/SoloYT1300/ROTJ%20Han/ ... there is lot of pictures of Han Solo ROTJ Wink

Related to coat ... I did research some time ago on this one Wink ... *uploading photos now* ...

From mine point of view ...

... (based on detabe with seamstress = because from her point of view -> what we can see in movie ... this is not how lab coat shoulders, seams, etc. look Wink .. if they were not highly modified ) ...

... Han Solo ROTJ coat can get the best look, if it will be done from some military coat ... but for lot of costumers are two lab coats more easy way ...

Lion Base Commanding Officer | Docking Bay 94 Detachment Executive Officer
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Hurricane Sandy Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to look out for is the length... way too often people make the duster to short.

Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoloYT1300 wrote:
One thing to look out for is the length... way too often people make the duster to short.

Good point, Robert! Smile

Lion Base Commanding Officer | Docking Bay 94 Detachment Executive Officer
theeviltwin ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently went the two lab coats route. I specifically chose a lab coat with the split in the back and the big pockets and generally matched the other details. I also made sure it would be big enough when worn over the shirt and vest.

I still had to unpick and remove the top pocket and carefully remove both parts of all the fasteners.

Extending the coat wasn't as simple as cutting the bottom off one coat and attaching it to the bottom of the other. The coats taper out to the bottom so there would have been a kink where they join. So the outer hem of the main coat was unpicked and the donor coat was separated into panels, cut to size, attached and the whole thing re-hemmed in one straight line.

I'm not saying the above is the right way, official way, best way or the way it must be done. It's just the way I did it.

Now with my LCJ hat on...
Length as has been pointed out is crucial. The excellent reference pictures show (unlike a lot of the toys and other merch) the coat is ankle length.
The split back.
Brown with light patches and hints of green camouflage (as opposed to the Endor commando green camouflage colouring).

Something like no fastenings or pockets other than the two lower pockets could go into updated requirements too.

Good luck with the coat - it is well worth it when you add it o the costume.
Greg
andrewshaddox ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! Just what i needed! Using these reference pics to just have a friend make it, and then Im going to paint it. Ill make sure and post the finished product as the build progresses! thanks!!

Spice Runners Squadron XO
"Don't everyone thank me at once." - Han Solo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: