About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9e96ec5cacca192d95e895081104db4eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Anakin boots question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master Jedi Cody (Cody Turner)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Anakin boots question Reply with quote

I'm working on an ROTS Anakin costume and the next thing I need are the boots. Before I spent any money on them I wanted to know if these boots would be ok to use.
http://comicbookculture.net/index.php/mens-footwear/jedi-anakin-skywalker-obi-wan-boots.html
JediMasterMark (Mark Jones)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the right design for his boot, but you'd better ask for an image of the brown ones before buying. I see a lot of the costume boots come through that are like this - pleather or whatever - and they're too light in color. Anakin has very, very dark brown boots (but not black!). The only other piece of advice I can give is 'you get what you pay for'.
Jay-gon Jinn (Jason Hetherington)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those look like the "Funtasma" "Walker" boots others have posted about before. Mixed reviews on the quality. some have said they are good, others say they fall apart after three or four troops. To echo Mark, you get what you pay for.

Jason Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jedi of Poker (Tim {T.J.} Balski)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not fond of that boot's quality. Depending on how much you troop in them, I wouldn't be surprised if you wind up replacing them within a year.

I use & highly recommend JDOS Productions (based out of Peru). Daniel makes a very high quality product for an unusually reasonable price (when compared to the other high-quality bootmakers out there(. My boots are even featured in his Facebook photo book:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.101718193208620.834.101155519931554&type=3

He makes a spot-on, super dark brown Anakin boot. Mine went the custom route; a milk chocolate brown with removeable straps and both sets of Obi & Ani spats...

Purchase a higher-quality boot like these and (with proper care & maintenance) they should last you a lifetime...
Bushwhacker extraordinaire/Squad Leader
Phoenix 7

"Flattery will get you nowhere, but {for the sake of my fragile ego} please don't stop trying..."
hartss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i bought a pair of these for a generic jedi. they were too light for anakin, and the first time i started swinging my lightsabre around i ripped the soul completely off. i think i wore them 3 or 4 times. i replaced them with a custom pair and have not regretted it. they fit comfortably, i have worn them all day and stand up to the punishment. i regulary perform lightsabre demos at events. my advice is save your money, buy a quality pair and they will last for years
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree as well. I bought a pair of these and I couldn't even wear them due to the calf being too small. Both pairs I have now cost a significant amount more, but they are comfortable and I'll have them for years.
sharakin (sheraz)
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a pair of those, they are very light in colour for an Anakin costume, they are comfortable, but not accurate for Anakin though.

Anakin Skywalker Clone war & Episode 3 ROTS
Event Co-ordinator, Rebel legion UK- Scotland
KJO temple master- Elstree Base 2012/13
Master Jedi Cody (Cody Turner)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input. I'm going to go with JDOS. I'd rather pay more for quality than go cheap and buy several pairs.
Kodiak (Kevin Carlson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a pair of custom JDOS boots that I love. They are the Obi-Wan style but in the Anakin color. I actually just ordered the other day a set of Anakin Spats so that I can do an Anakin costume. JDOS is great to work with and his boots are super comfortable. Well worth the price.
AnakinVader ()

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont want to open a new thread for the same topic...

I want to order RotS Anakin boots from Jdos but have no plan which features I should order Surprised

So I'm ready to order the first stuff.

The boots seems to have the longest waiting time so I started with Daniel. Now I have to choose a lot of things and need guidance to find the most right style for Anakin:

Sole style: seems to be rubber on the images, right? alternatives to order are: Leather and rubber on leather

Toe style: flat square , Flat or square? I have no idea what is accurate...
color: Does he know the accurate color if I choose the anakin style? And does he call the colors: I read here the "super brown Anakin color"... I think I will send him the boots requirement image ;-)
closure system: Zipper, right?
Straps Loop: Fixed or Loose? what do you prefer here and why...I'm not sure what are the benefits of the single choises
Anakin Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rubber sole is corret.

the toe I think is a choice, I chose the flat square, because I think it's featured on most of the exibition shots. But it should be flat.

He knows the color of the Anakin boot.

I have zipper closure and I would much prefer to have it with lace, it is most accurate and I haave very slim ankles.

My loops are lose and the stay in place when the straps are tight enough

I hope it helps

"All who gain power are afraid to lose it."
"The whole thing stank, but our noses had been out in the cold for too long..."
AnakinVader ()

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your onput, that helps me with my decisions Smile
Orion Knight-Star (Alex McKeel)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDOS is awesome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Anakin Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: