About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=23749e37d196844bab0cb4f7bd779773Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Welcome new 2013 members, please introduce yourself here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scope ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: New here Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I am just starting out in the RL forum and have been a star wars fan for 32 years and counting.
Back on my 6th birthday my mum bought me Lukes landspeeder, a hammerhead figure and walrusman figure and that was the start of an amazing childhood with star wars.
My collection grew to having every figure and ship that was ever brought into australia ( boo hoo , cry cry) collection sold at 21 cause I thought I was growing up and needed to move on....ha ha, now I want back in !!!

Hoping to do a Jedi costume starting soon and a clone armour.

Look forward to meeting some of you soon.

scope
JainaSoloFel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the best group of people you'll ever meet!
Swfangirl ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I recently joined Bloodfin and Mos Espa with my first costume, and hope to do several more. I look forward to seeing everyone at C6 in costume!
jedimika ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and congratulations on your costume.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I am very new here, and started learning about RL not until last year. What you do is awesome! I wish I could form a unit in my town.

It was over 20 years ago when I became a Star Wars fan, and it's only now when I became possible for me to come to Celebration. Working on Luke's Death Star Duel costume with a view to finishing it before my trip to CVI.

I am anxious for and about this trip, as long as I'm a foreigner and there are many things that may go wrong for me. It would be great to meet some of you guys when I come to Orlando a couple of days before the event starts! Looking for new friends and fellow travelers!
Lucky Scoundrel ()

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rebel Legion pompom
I'm Burcu from Turkey and I'm 27.
I'm a huge fan of SW since 1999.
My favourite character is Luke Skywalker Luke 2
I love collecting SW action figures.
Thanks to my friend Iain I discovered RL.
He has a Obi-Wan costume and member of RL.
Last year I was decided to work for a Jedi costume but I change my mind when I saw all the female Rebel pilots in here RL.
I said "ok forget the jedi costume i want to become a rebel pilot" Mr. Green
Now I'm working for X-wing pilot costume.
I bought my boots and jumpsuit.

Sorry for my English by the way Rolling Eyes
TrooperPX (David Ramsay)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the both of you!

aYo11 - Not sure how many people will be there before Thursday, but looking forward to seeing your Luke costume there!

Burcu - Your English is better than some native speakers! Laughing

At first I was concerned about joining such a large group... but since then, everyone here has been great! Welcome to the Legion!

Echo Base - Binghamton, NY
JainaSoloFel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

And I say rock the orange Very Happy (Just remember, there is no orange mafia)
Lucky Scoundrel ()

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your warm welcome guys !!

Rock the orange yaaay Mr. Green

TrooperPX wrote:

Burcu - Your English is better than some native speakers! Laughing

Haha really Smile
robiwon ()

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: New member here saying hi. Reply with quote

I'm in KY and have been a scifi fan for over 30 years. I belong to many lightsaber, prop and model forums. I have a black Jedi outfit that I have had for several years. I want to replace most of the soft parts. The belt is all leather with real leather working pouches. I also have the correct pen cap/food capsules.

I had a large collection of MR/Hasbro FX sabers and some custom machined sabers. All were sold over the years but I am now getting back ito collecting. I have a new custom MHS/Igniter saber coming in the mail tomorrow. Below are a few pics.

Pic from several years ago with my Graflex. Need boots!

My saber that will be arriving tomorrow.

I look forward to lots and lots of reading here and learning as much as I can from you guys. Hopefully I will measure up.

OT, anyone here going to Wonderfest in Louisville KY next month? There have always been people in costume there from different genres.

I also see a few friends here as well!
Jaro ()

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everybody! My name is Trevor Chambers, but most people through the costuming circles know me as Jaro. I am an official member of the Mandalorian Mercs (#0522, and Ver'alor of the Oklahoma Clan Ge'tal Vheh), and also The Dark Empire (TDE116). I have been costuming since August of last year so I am still relatively new to this.
My eventual goal with the Rebel Legion is to have a canon Jek Porkins X-Wing Pilot costume, and possibly an RFO as well, but we'll see. Anyone please feel free to look me up on Facebook Here!

And my young apprentice, Darth Ruby Sprinkles!

I am Jaro, JARO SMASH!!!
JainaSoloFel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Always glad to see more people rocking the orange Very Happy
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JainaSoloFel wrote:
Welcome! Always glad to see more people rocking the orange Very Happy

What she said! Cool

buhatkj ()

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:03 am    Post subject: Hello to this thread too! Reply with quote

Heh well I already introduced myself over on the bespin base section (I'm from Georgia), but I will use my introduction here to gush further about how excited I am about putting my costume together :-)

I am the proud builder of my very own 1:1 Astromech (member of the R2builders also) and got to thinking about what would be a good costume to wear while out at events and cons and stuff with my droid. THe Yavin tech costume seems affordable-ish and should be pretty comfy and looks neat and appropriate for droiding, so I am going to do that one :-) I have my jumpsuit and belt on order, some elastic and so forth for making the modifications to the base belt, and just got my helmet kit today :-) Very cool so far, and I can't wait to get it all together and submit some pics for approval!

Hope to see meet some of you guys at C6, I'll be there with the droid and my whole family!

Anyways, Hello!
Wahrnys Vi'Reynos ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all!

I've recently joined the forums here at RL and hope, relatively soon, to be applying for member status. Just waiting on a few costume bits to arrive.

I've been into SW since... well, my earliest movie memory was being taken to see RotJ in theaters the weekend of its release. That pretty much dates me right there. Laughing I remember that Halloween, my friend went as a store bought C3P0 while I was Popeye - a completely home made costume both my mom and dad made. I think my interest in costuming and theatrics can be traced back to that point in time.

I've always wanted to get together a Jedi (Old Republic) costume but I always found ways to prevent myself from doing so. I always let pragmatism, or objections from family and friends, get in the way. Recently my mother, now approaching her 70s, had a nasty health scare and that's when I realized life is too short to worry about whether something is "too silly" or not, and we better have fun while we can. No more excuses, time to be the Jedi I've longed to be since 1983.

Originally, this costume concept was just going to be a Halloween thing. Then I stopped and thought about the other 364 days out of the year. I'm going to have this professionally made costume just sitting around? Surely I can find a means to use it beyond one day a year. And so I found RL.

Outside of SW, I'm a network engineer and a part-time student working on shoring up my degree. I was born, raised, and still live in southeastern Virginia in the Hampton Roads area (Virginia Peninsula, to be specific). Have been married for 16 years this November and I have a step-son who graduated high school this past summer. He's the only other person in the house with interest in Star Wars (although... if I could find a SW themed cross stitch project, I bet I could hook my wife Cool ).

Glad to be here and hopefully in a few weeks I should have everything ready for a complete application.

Last edited by Wahrnys Vi'Reynos () on Fri May 04, 2012 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17

Jump to: