About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=38795c6b0fee17d494da64f538725b5cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Luke Skywalker ESB Lightsaber Hilt Tips/tricks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
talontree ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Luke Skywalker ESB Lightsaber Hilt Tips/tricks Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

First time poster, long time reader! After a long time of lurking through the forums reading about the fantastic costume and prop builds I am finally ready to post!

After a search of the tutorials and forums, I failed to find a good guide to making a ESB Luke Skywalker saber hilt. This lightsaber has been my personal favorite since I was introduced into the series!

I am trying to gather a how-to guide to make one myself at a reasonable price tag( if it hits too high I can buy a already made prop).

Any help would greatly be appreciated!

Cheers!
Talontree
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There used to be a site called project graflex that explained how to make graflex saber from hardware parts. I have the sites bookmarked somewhere. I'll try to post links this evening.
Kodiak (Kevin Carlson)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made an ANH version.

http://www.graflexshop.com/index.htm

The above URL is a place where you can buy parts. The hardest part is finding the correct Graflex 3 Cell. I got one off e-bay pretty cheap compared to some places. You just have to keep your eye out. There are also places that sell kits for the ANH and ESB sabers which include the grips, silver tape, and the chip insert that goes in the clamp.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/ also has a Graflex section with a few parts and the tape.
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Graflica How to make a replica Graflex saber
  2. Project Graflex Another replica Graflex site

Kamin Ressik ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a Graflex tutorial I did. It's not all inclusive but I'm planning to sell my current Graflex to fund another one. This time around I hope to have a video of the full Graflex disassembly.

http://www.imperialroyalarms.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=sabers2&action=display&thread=241
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm late to the party on this, but since there's good resources here I thought I'd add a couple more.

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/ the FX-Sabers forum has an entire board dedicated to Graflex sabers--good tips and advice there.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/ The Custom Saber Shop Forums are THE place to go for advice on any kind of saber building.

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
The Sugar Jedi formerly known as The Grey Elf
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jin starkiller ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The custom saber shop and FX Sabers are good resources for the DIY. I also know that park sabers sells a replica of all 3 of the trilogy sabers

You could find lots of resources but it all boils down to your skill level and what you are comfortable with.

Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."Master Yoda"
Sugar Jedi (Jason Vey)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also there's a company called Blast Tech that offers all of the hardware you need to convert a graflex to a static ANH or ESB hilt, and at good prices, too.

"A Jedi knight!? Jeez, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"
The Sugar Jedi formerly known as The Grey Elf
KJO (Blumfruit Temple)
Echo Base (Western PA)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: