About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=41cdb71bb28e4315d83a2f7aec2acef1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

EB, PA: Hershey Symphony Concert 4/20/2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: EB, PA: Hershey Symphony Concert 4/20/2012 Reply with quote

Attendance for the night
501st
Chris Rehm-Darth Vader-Dark Maestro of the Sith
Mike Bryant-Boba Fett
Mike Hinton-TK
Dave Knapp-Grand Admiral Zhivago
Dave Castellano-TI

Rebel Legion
Marty Miller-The Mighty Chewbacca
Mark Jones-Master Obi Wan
Mia Jones-Bariss Offee (Show casing newest threads and make-up.)

Galatic Academy
Z. Hinton-Jawa
S. Hinton-Jawa

Squires:
Amy Bryant
Missy Hinton
Jennifer Castellano

Debrief from the pirated channel and decoded by me and my trusted protocol droid, MJ-41.

...Things started off a little frantic as we weren't 100% sure who was coming and who wasn't. Then we found that we had no water or food available as originally promised. They ran out quick and got us two cases of water and some bags of chips, which was cool of them to do last minute. We had two nice size changing rooms which was great though.

So we proceeded to get suited up and it was all aces from there. I have to admit this event turned out to be A LOT more fun than I thought it was going to be originally. I did not expect many kids, because I just don't think of the symphony as a place you take your kids on a Friday night, but I guess the Symphony really publicized our appearance, because there were a ton of kids and yes even the adults that showed up were quite obviously young at heart and it was clear that the majority of the audience was there for the Star Wars part of the evening.

Vader, Chewie, TK Hinton and Grand Admiral Zhivago practiced the skit with the orchestra during dress rehearsal and the rest of us went to the lobby to mingle with the patrons. We posed for tons of pics and it very quickly became quite warm in the lobby with the mass of the crowd. As the concert started we paused for the cause and returned to our changing area to enjoy some social time discussing-- of course-- costuming.

We then returned to the lobby for the intermission and more pictures with the same folks who just couldn't seem to get enough of us, and after that a quick shot back stage and we were on stand by for the main event. Everything went off without a hitch and Amy was able to get some great video of the skit which I posted on You-Tube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHdR-fji4PQ&context=C4f45e8bADvjVQa1PpcFOK90uiSh3rXSLzXPwKBE15tY-0izZ3tC0=

Then back out to the front of the theater to wish the patrons well as the left for the evening. On our way back into the theater after most of the guests had left Dave Castellano and I were able to touch base with a woman who was quite taken with our group and told us that she is involved with an organization that runs a summer camp for terminally ill children. She asked if we would be able to come and I told her that it sounded exactly like the kind of thing that we would be happy to help out with. We gave her our cards and told her to go to the web site to put in an event request. She explained the camp was in July, but that their organization also does a fund raising walk in March and she was interested in possibly having us attend that as well.

We were finally able to suit down at 10:45, and we suddenly realized that this had been a pretty long event, but the time had seemed to fly by with all the excitement. Everyone made a quick retreat to their homes, but Chris Amy and I stopped at the local Friendlys where everyone else in the restaurant had been at the concert and recognized us by our various 501st shirts. Several of the customers stopped at our table and expressed their appreciation to us again for our appearance. The young waiter who seated us even recognized our shirts as being 501st, and wanted to get his picture with us even in just our t-shirts. He explained he is very interested in joining, but admitted he was only 17. I told him to join the academy anyway and that he could work on his costume a while, and by the time he was done he would be 18 or really close to 18. At the very least I told him he could squire events while he was a cadet.

One especially honorable mention I would like to make is to Z and S Hinton for their outstanding dedication to professionalism in portraying their Jawas. They did amazing and stayed in character the whole night and never complained at all, even though I'm sure it was getting quite late for them and probably very hot in the robes and fur masks. They made a great addition to our ensemble and as they get a little older, it will be a shame to loose such great Jawas, but I have no doubt they will make outstanding Troopers!

Big thanks go out to our squires as usual for taking great pics and making sure we didn't get over run, or run over....

Here's my link to photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/garrisoncarida/sets/72157629865250555/

Thank you Mike Bryant of Carida for the report.
Master Is-Ma (Ismael)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work guys! and fantastic photos.

MTFBWY.
Orion Knight-Star (Alex McKeel)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome work Echo Base
JediMasterMark (Mark Jones)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The city newspaper here did an article on Star Wars costuming after sending a reporter & photographer to this event. It was primarily focused on a police officer who was also with the 501st, but we got 1. our website published in the article and 2. our members (Barriss & Chewie) pictures in the paper. Our Barriss even made 'cover model' for the section!

And a link to the full article:

http://blog.pennlive.com/go/2012/06/star_wars_costume_group_gets_i.html
RavenApprentice (Angel Martinez)
Legion CO
Legion CO

Medals: 9 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats Awesome Mark!!!

May the force be with you . . . Ben

Former Puerto Rico BCO | KJO XO | Wretched Hive XO | Legion Costume Judge | Legion Charter Committee
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: