About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=af8b812d04609341358647c53dcb9d56Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Mandalorian Jedi?????
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonathansams (Jonathan Sams)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Mandalorian Jedi????? Reply with quote

Im curious if anyone here knows if there was ever a mandalorian Jedi? I have looked and looked but could not find one.
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say the two traditions are so antithetical that such a combination would be impossible. They're too different to really blend; even a Sith would have much more in common with a Jedi then a Mandalorian would.

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah...I just found one, and he is in more than 1 book so he could be considered formal, correct?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bardan_Jusik
Magnius ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the cannon , Mandos view Jedi as cheating..

There have been characters that have left the Jedi order and hid among the Mandos , but they abandoned their jedi ways ..
Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon)
Mos Eisley Base XO
Mos Eisley Base  XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A formal costume needs three references, from three different sources. Multiple appearances in books are only one source.
Aysel ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the mythos, mandos have breed out force capabilities. Braden Jusic had been a jedi that was leaving just prior to order 66 (which is why he survived) and lived out the rest of his life on mandalor, even going so far as not having any children so he wouldn't pass on the "taint" of force powers. There are no visual references for him as he was only in a handful of books in the same story line. The son of Etain and Darman, who was a clone, isn't a jedi so much as a mando with force capabilities. There is a really good description of him but again no visual references (even if we had visual references for him he wouldn't be Rebel Legion). There is a third mention of a mando with force capabilities from the old Old republic, she was a war orphan that was adopted when her master was killed.

The mandos have a very dim view of force users in general with the belief that using the force is a crutch, if they do team up with force users it's more likely that they would team up with a sith rather than a jedi.

501st Flagship Eclipse Costume Mentor
Kashyyyk Base Commanding Officer 2012/2013
Kashyyyk Base Membership Officer 2013/2014
Nickel (Nick Letcher)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aysel wrote:
In the mythos, mandos have breed out force capabilities......
The mandos have a very dim view of force users in general with the belief that using the force is a crutch, if they do team up with force users it's more likely that they would team up with a sith rather than a jedi.

I see people say this stuff every time this subject has come up, but I have never seen anything concrete in canon sources. The things I have seen are the opinions of individual characters and not necessarily a societal viewpoint. help
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THanks Nick, finally someone takes my viewpoint., besides if Mandos were so opposed to the Jedi, they would have never have let a Jedi/former Jedi join them. and they sure would not have let a Jedi wear Mando armor, which they did in the case of Jusik Very Happy
Dacen Salu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you can find the required references to be formal, i say go for it
i'd like to see someone pull it off....good luck

The Force fights WITH me!!!
Gius Maximus (Rich Heffernan)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my point of view if you want to be a mandalorian then be one. If you want to be a jedi then be a jedi. I don't see the point in mixing the two up honestly. All the kids we see at events would just wonder why boba fett has a lightsaber.

I have done jedi for a few years now and have a mando in process so I have nothing against either one. I just don't see the point in combining them.
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I claimed that I had seen a ghost, had an encounter with a sasquatch, or was given a colonoscopy by aliens from the planet Ziest (or the distant past in "The Renegade" version), the burden of proof rests on me to provide evidence of my claims. That's how burden of proof works. I can't make outrageous claims and then say "it's true unless you can't absolutely disprove it!"

It works the same way in the Rebel Legion. If you want to mash-up two unrelated costumes and have it be admissible as a Legion costume (a Mando and Jedi in this case) you have to provide evidence that its not only possible, but that has happened (and you need three sources, too!).
You can't say "I can't see a reason why not" and "there's no proof that its can't happen," and expect it to be admissible. It doesn't work that way. The burden of proof is on your shoulders, not the Legion's.

Its also a moot point since Mando's are bad guys anyway and Mando Jedi wouldn't be admissible in the RL even if you could find evidence of their existence.

Furthermore, Bardan Jusik isn't an example of a Mandolrean Jedi. He was a Jedi who quit in protest and then became a Mandolorean. He was never both at the same time (from what I understand).

You know back when I was the LMO (long time ago) someone once submitted a an Imperial Officer Jedi.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

geez...all the hostility here...i thought this would be a civil discussion...guess not....If the moderator could please remove this topic, it would be appreciated. sorry i stirred up so much bad blood... But just remember this...."Only a SITH deals in ABSOLUTES."
Granny-Wan (Marie Cannon)
Mos Eisley Base XO
Mos Eisley Base  XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not hostility to want our costume standards to be high.

The legion is and should be proud that our costumes meet canon, and that they are recognizable as Star Wars costumes.

There are no Mando Jedi, and Mandos are not RL acceptable. You can't just make up something and say it's canon because you want it to be.
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonathansams wrote:
geez...all the hostility here...i thought this would be a civil discussion...guess not....If the moderator could please remove this topic, it would be appreciated. sorry i stirred up so much bad blood... But just remember this...."Only a SITH deals in ABSOLUTES."

You said that in the last discussion. There was no "bad blood" or hostility then nor is there any now.

We just don't agree with you.
SithariRog (Roger Allen)
Legion Membership Officer
Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Granny.

Then again...from a certain point of view...Revan's mask is very Mandalorian in design...and he was a Jedi...then he was a Sith Lord...then he was Jedi again...

In fact, with the latest novel, he's a good guy, so I'm wondering if Revan might now be accepted by the RL??? I'll have to save this question until the end of the novel (which I'm reading now) to see Wink

Past Offices: Asst. LMO, Legion Costume Judge, DCO KJO, BCO Tranquility Base
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: