About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=eee85666c8295b2f477b013b968f590eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Star Wars Mini Con - 6-30-12 Sioux City IA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawmer299 (Jeff Schipman)
Central Base CO
Central Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:54 am    Post subject: Star Wars Mini Con - 6-30-12 Sioux City IA Reply with quote

See 501st thread to sign up and for more info http://www.centralgarrison.org/viewtopic.php?t=5226
This in from 501st member Kevin:

"That's right Troopers! It's back and better than ever!! The ACME Comics Star Wars Mini Con will be taking place on Saturday June 30th from 11:00 to 4:00 at the ACME building in Sioux City!

The special Star Wars actor/guest that we will have this year is Richard LeParmentier - better known as Admiral Motti from Star Wars A New Hope.

Admiral Motti is the most high profile of all the Imperial Officers.
He was the only Imperial to “stand up” to Darth Vader and the only one who dared to ‘diss’ The Force.

Besides meeting Richard, I have been talking to John J and he is going to be a HUGE help with getting the outside games for the kids of all ages set-up. We are still working out some details so any ideas that we can get would be great!

For those who have not been down to a ACME Star Wars Mini Con before, we close off the entire parking lot and fill it with free games for everyone to come play.

So, I am putting out the invite to all 501st, Rebels and Droid Builders to come on up to ACME that day to come play and have fun with a TON of kids while help raising money for a great charity. I'm working with the Make-A-Wish foundation now and am hoping to have their support, although I don't know why they wouldn't. Hopefully we can have some of the MAW kids from Sioux Falls come down again like they did with Daniel.

There are a TON of more details to follow, but I wanted to make sure that my brothers and sisters in the CG were the first to know before I make the "official announcement" at 11:38 today.

Thanks!!
Central Garrison
Imperial 80th Squad
Imperial Highlander - Kilted Trooper Brigade
"Sarge"
ACME Comics & Collectibles
2004 Will Eisner "Spirit of Comics" Retailer Award Recipient
www.acmefirst.net "
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: