About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b5d81ae5b4b256438dfd2b0108dd3b47Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Antilles help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pico (Joe Cygan)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Antilles help Reply with quote

I'm in the middle of an RFT build and am curious about the ANH Antilles build.

The pants are just khaki pants, is there a pocket allowed like off-the-shelf pants? I can't see a pocket in the screen captures, but it may be a vertical pocket that opens along the side seam and either not visible or sewn shut by the dark stripe material.

Has the color of the dark stripe on the pants been better determined with the blu-ray disks now?

The shirt appears to be a medium-dark (milk chocolate?) brown? I'm color blind so I need some help here. And, sewn up with a bib just like the RFT shirt, correct?

Is there some good references on the jacket? It almost appears to be a khaki BDU lightweight shirt or jacket with the light brown shoulder piece added? Is this accurate/close? What have people used for a base on this jacket?

Boots, belt, holster, boxes, helmet are all the same as RFT right?

Thanks
Joe
Okami Dai ()
Alpine Outpost CO
Alpine Outpost CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting questions...

I just started my Gen. Madine uniform, but this seems to be a very "non-practical" piece as there are no pockets at all (don´t mention those "things" on the sleeves, i´m speaking of pockets!).

So I like the idea of making the "Antilles-style", too (as I´m also waiting for the arrival of my RFT bucket!).
I read somewhere that a BDU jacket was used, but the problem would be to find pants in the same colour. I think that you could use pants "off the shelf" (when they match the colour) and just add the stripes. According standards the stripes are black, if my memory is correct.
The shirt is RFT-style with bib, colour dark brown, so you´re right.

I don´t know if weaponry is required for Antilles, but for sure all RFT items should be o.k.

You already may have seen the WIP on this costume from Phyllis in this forum?
Please keep on posting your progress here as I´m very interested in this WIP.
A-Wing Pilot
Jedi Knight
Okami Dai ()
Alpine Outpost CO
Alpine Outpost CO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, both colours possible for the stripes...

Required Items:

Accurate khaki/tan jacket with brown shoulders (yoke) and four pockets in front

Dark brown shirt with bib in front

Khaki/tan pants with solid dark brown or black stripe on side of each leg

Brown belt with oval buckle

Accurate Rebel Fleet Trooper helmet

Brown tall boots (14-16 inch shaft), riding boots recommended
A-Wing Pilot
Jedi Knight
DL (Johan Hanson)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Antilles help Reply with quote

pico wrote:
Is there some good references on the jacket? It almost appears to be a khaki BDU lightweight shirt or jacket with the light brown shoulder piece added? Is this accurate/close? What have people used for a base on this jacket?

Best picture I have found, from an auction a few years ago.

People have modified a BDU jacket or made it from scratch.

Quote:

Boots, belt, holster, boxes, helmet are all the same as RFT right?

No, the boots are plain, high, brown riding boots ... and those are difficult to find in men's sizes. I think that finding them is the most difficult part of the whole costume.
The belt buckle has a slightly different shape.
Commander Cody (Jason R.)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Joe! I have an Antilles costume. I use a pair of khaki pants and have the vertical stripe going down the side, but it hides the pocket up near the top. I'm going to be removing my stripe (currently brown) and add a black one instead, to be closer to the canon version. The standards allow brown or black.

The shirt is just like the RFT, only in a medium brown.

I use a BDU jacket that I bought off of eBay a couple of years ago.

The boots I use are also a tall Riding boot, medium brown, with a zipper in the back. I'll try to find the website address for you.

The belt is the typical RFT belt, but I used an oval buckle.

Hope this helps.

RAID Commanding Officer | Legion Costume Judge- Rebel Troopers & Officers | Ohio Garrison XO, 501st Legion
Okami Dai ()
Alpine Outpost CO
Alpine Outpost CO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No, the boots are plain, high, brown riding boots ... and those are difficult to find in men's sizes. I think that finding them is the most difficult part of the whole costume.

Yep, at least it´s the most expensive part of the costume, too.
I only have black riding boots and think of colouring them brown. A friend of mine made this for his Antilles costume - it´s not as perfect as original brown boots, but it works quite well for getting the look. And the resistance of the colour is good enough for trooping, though not durable enough for riding or working... Rolling Eyes
A-Wing Pilot
Jedi Knight
pico (Joe Cygan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, yeah, the brown riding boots make this a much more expensive project...

I have used those $40 costume boots for a couple years. They should be tall enough. The tall brown "Jedi" version should be passable, no? I know they aren't leather, but they actually look pretty good for about a dozen troops until they fall apart. lol.

Thanks for the jacket picture, that helps a lot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: