About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a7b4dcae6450cfd0b6891af6e2cc9c10Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

HUGE PROP PARTY May 12th Sat/Sun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FallenJedi ()
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: HUGE PROP PARTY May 12th Sat/Sun Reply with quote

From Tambo, CO of the MSG:

If you have been waiting for the big one then this is it. The MidSouth Garrison is hosting the Biggest Prop party in the Galaxy at the 101st Museum on May 12th (Saturday) into Sunday. Rebel Legion, Mando mercs, Dark Empire or any other like minded costume group in our area are welcome to join in.

We have Permission for a Night at the Museum, so any troopers that are traveling and would like to spend the night can. Everyone will need to bring all necessary sleeping gear we have some cots but not many. It will not be the Ritz hotel if you know what I mean, but we will have fun. If you need a normal bed/shower and all that you will need to find a room off post.

We are going to have a POTLUCK dinner BBQ (All Star Wars theme dishes) So if anyone has a special dish they would like to bring we will set up a list soon. A BBQ pit will be provided so we can grill.

During dinner and after we will watch Sci-Fi movies such as SW/ESB and others in the Museum theater room.

Our Goal is to have a good time, get to see old and new troopers and build some junk. Everyone is welcome to bring any project, but we would like to get help building some of the large Celebration props and displays such as the Dewback and MEPD building, so if you do not have a project we need your assistance. The Museum workshop is located just to the right of the main Museum and has a bunch of equipment and tables that we can use inside and out. If you have tools bring them just make sure you mark them so nothing gets lost.

You know the rules on base...you will need to get a 2 day pass at the front gate (just say you are staying in town over the weekend visiting the museum and friends on base) You will also need to have a photo ID for all adults and Registration/insurance cards for your vehicles that are good. No real firearms allowed on post as well so make sure you leave them home. Also any weapon related props need to be secured and out of sight when you come in the gate.

You can arrive as early as 930AM Saturday and we will be working till Supper time. Burger King is only 10 yards away across the street for lunch or we can all go to one of the chow halls and eat for $4.55

A separate thread will be opened soon for the Dinner dishes so we get all the stuff we need and dinks for those who do not cook.

This is a working prop party so small children are not recommended, but if you bring kids the parents must keep them away from all dangerous tools/equipment and keep track of them at all times.

More details to be posted...sign up and get ready to build.

Dan is hosting this so be sure to thank him and please follow the rules so we can continue to have these.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely going to this.
RebelSenator (Raychel Enck)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going and possibly bringing a new recruit. Yay!
MidSouth Garrison, Public Relations Officer
http://www.facebook.com/LCJedi
Orion Knight-Star (Alex McKeel)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to try to make it to this. However, I have a meeting with the non profit I am on the board with that day. Maybe can slip away but cant promise.
PatchworkPirate ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow I really wish I could! I'm hosting a large invasion of the Tennessee Renaissance Festival that weekend. >.<
jedimika ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in!
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going the largest prop party all year, hope lots of Rebels can make it out.
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we were going to come, but I now have a member from Florida Garrison/Ra Kura coming through Friday night, staying over and leaving at some point Saturday (not staying long enough to come to the party saturday)

So we will either be really late or not able to make it. Depends on when our house guests leave!

Is there anyone going who I can paypal some $$ for to bring the sweat tea were were going to pick up?
FallenJedi ()
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

update with address:

Main entrance is Gate 4 it is right off Ft. Campbell Blvd.

16298 Fort Campbell Blvd
Oak Grove, KY 42262

This is the address for US Cavalry store. It is right across the street from Gate 4.

After you enter Gate 4, just stay on the main road and you can't miss it

The Physical Museum Address is:

32 Screaming Eagle Boulevard, Fort Campbell, KY
Active Legion Member

Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfie wrote:
Well, we were going to come, but I now have a member from Florida Garrison/Ra Kura coming through Friday night, staying over and leaving at some point Saturday (not staying long enough to come to the party saturday)

So we will either be really late or not able to make it. Depends on when our house guests leave!

Is there anyone going who I can paypal some $$ for to bring the sweat tea were were going to pick up?

I'l be a little late Saturday too, have some running to do in the morning.
I'll just pick up a couple gallons of sweet tea when I pick up the sodas I promised, no worries or payment needed, hope you all can make it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Corellian Base -> Corellian Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: