Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=98bcdd621c7a918f8fdf839c1d3553c7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Free Comic Book Day 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Asia/Pacific -> Hawaii Outpost -> Hawaii Outpost Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (3)

(5)

User Registered Confirmed
AdaliFri Mar 16, 2012 1:45 am
JayTee ErricckMon Apr 02, 2012 7:49 pm
boomer56Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:36 am
User Registered Confirmed
WetOkoleWed Mar 28, 2012 8:42 pm
kNytEMon Apr 02, 2012 10:27 pm
oldman808Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:26 am
shadow666Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:32 am
KalbuirWed May 02, 2012 12:30 am
JayTee Erricck ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Free Comic Book Day 2012 Reply with quote

Aloha, Gang.

Once again, the nice people of the HPLS (Hawaii Public Library System) asked us if we could graciously participate in Free Comic Book Day on Saturday - May 5th, 2012.

There are a total of 4 libraries that invited us for appearances on O'ahu & 1 on Maui.

If you plan to participate, PLEASE indicate which library (or 2) you plan to be at. Please note that the 4 branches on Oahu consist of 2 pairs that are near each other (and fall under different "shift" times) which makes it possible for our members to visit 2 libraries that same day if you are so inclined.

1) Aina Haina Branch
Time: 10 a.m. to 12 noon

in proximity with

2) Waimanalo Branch
Time: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.

AND

3) State Library
Time: 10 a.m. to Noon

in proximity with

4) McCully Branch
Time 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.

ALSO, on Maui, the Kihei Branch extended an invitation to us but I don't think we have any members there yet. Don't know if any of us plans to be on Maui that weekend. Hmmmmmmmmm.........

Again, please let me know WHICH branches you'd like to participate at. I figure, it'd probably best to have at least 2 people at each appearance (the "buddy" system).

Lauren of HPLS asked NICELY if we can have our participant list in to them by the end of March to give them all of April to promote our appearances.

Thank you in advance to everyone who can help out with this event.

May the Force be with us.

Jay Tee Erricck
boomer56 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howzit sir!

I'll be at the Hawaii State Library @ Punchbowl & King from 10 to 12.

Thanks bro!

Boomer

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can do the State Library and the Mccully branches that day.
Softshell ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo none in kailua?
WetOkole ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sory for the late reply but I will be going as 501st this year!! Its cool to see that RL has diff areas to go as well as the 501st
boomer56 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JT,

The question arouse about the main state library participating in the 2012 Free Comic Book Day.

I was told that only four "satellite" branches actually participate and that the main library is only offering comic books for free on that day.

Could you clarify this for me? Thanks sir!

Boomer

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Answers & An Addition Reply with quote

1) Softshell, Sorry. No Kailua this year. Lauren basically sent me the info for the participating branches & those 4 on O'ahu & the 1 on Maui are it. HOWEVER, please see item 3 in this message!

2) boomer56, I will ask Lauren about this & get back to you A.S.A.P.!

3) Lauren mentioned to me that KAPOLEI also needs a Rebel / Rebels to participate. SO, that's a *5th* location here on O'ahu. Sorry for the last minute addition. That's more my bad than Lauren's. I have been sick for the last THREE WEEKS, busy at work AND I don't have web / wi-fi access in Kaimuki.

For Rebel participation in Kapolei, the time / shift is not yet set. THEREFORE, if you would like to participate there, let me know if you want to be there 10 a.m. - 12 noon OR 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. & I can let Lauren know!

Thanks, everyone.

J.T.

P.S. Please respond ASAP because the HPLS (Hawaii Public Library System) people want to promote our participation during the next few weeks leading up to Free Comic Book Day! Yup. April is promotion month!
boomer56 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks sir for the information.

Sorry to hear that you're under the weather. Hope you feel better soon amigo!

I am still interested in the main library "IF" they are in fact participating. Unfortunately, I will not be available for any of the other locations.

Boomer

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomer56,

So, I put in 2 calls to Lauren's library AND FaceBooked her directly regarding your question.

No response yet.

As soon as I know, you'll know. For the time being, though, let's assume that they DO / WILL need Rebels there!

J.T.
Kalbuir (Daniel Ben)
Hawaii Outpost XO
Hawaii Outpost XO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will attend the main branch event thanks
JayTee Erricck ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Costumes? Reply with quote

Guys, I gotta ask / verify for the sake of passing on the info to Lauren.

Kalbuir, What costume are you wearing to rep RLHO?

Adam, Are you going Jedi? I don't know if that's your only RL approved costume. If it is, my bad. I haven't kept track!

Please advise, guys.

I want to get the info to Lauren ASAP!

J.T.
JayTee Erricck ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Response to Boomer56's Question Reply with quote

Bomer56,

Okay! I got the answer to your question. I hope this helps:

"The main branch downtown does want costumers, though they are not official participants of Free Comic Book Day. They will only be giving out comic books they received as donations, not the new ones specifically made for FCBD, so they're not allowed to be listed on FCBD publicity. If they get an appearance, they'd publicize separately.

Does that answer the question? Basically the answer is yes they still want you guys!"

SO, if there are official FCBD comics you guys (and gal) are hoping to pick up this year, I'm guessing they won't be given out at the State Library. Just the donated comic books. At least, that's one thing I interpret from Lauren's answer!
Adali ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So was Kapolei added as well? If so what times?
oldman808 (Chris)
Hawaii Outpost CO
Hawaii Outpost CO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry all, i won't be able to make any of these.
JayTee Erricck ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Changes Reply with quote

Aloha, Gang.

I thought I sent a note out but perhaps I was wrong.

ANYWAY,

the changes don't effect anyone already committed to this event.

From my understanding, this is how the shifts go:
1) State Library 10 a.m. to noon
Adam
Daniel
Guns

2) McCully Library 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Adam

3) Kapolei Library 10 a.m. to noon
Jay Tee Erricck

4) Liliha Library 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Jay Tee Erricck

The additions of Kapolei & Liliha were due to some juggling / last minute alterations that Lauren conveyed to me.

If any RL members with approved costumes can join in with any of the members already listed for participation here, PLEASE let me know via this forum (PM is okay) and/or FaceBook. If you let me know via FB, I can post the info here.

I will be okay at the branches solo BUT any last minute commitments to help would be appreciated. Same for Adam. As far as I know, he will be appearing at McCully by his lonesome. Backup, anyone?

P.S. Is this particular portion of the forums for (costuming) members only? I'd like to post branch information (including phone numbers) and was wondering if that's a bad idea here.

Anyone know?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Asia/Pacific -> Hawaii Outpost -> Hawaii Outpost Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: