About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=60b9372fdf00fb65b9a7f53c01492017Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ep. II, Padme battle outfit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh the screen used pouches are not functional and are not real pouches, lol, so yes, it is a task to make them look screen accurate and functional at the same time. As i am redoing my belt and pouches at this time, the only way i see anything being functional with mine is the blaster pouch on the belt, lol. since i dont use the little silver blaster with this outfit and i use the battle droid blaster, it remains empty, so it is a great cell phone holder, LOL.
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Elith Dupar ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Shawl info. Reply with quote

Hi guys!
Very helpful thread! I've already started to make this costume, and I have some questions about the shawl...first of all, I've had a really ahrd time finding a suitable fabric for it, but I think a blanket that I found (also in sort of a bed and bath store) will work fine.
I am wondering if anyone knows what shape this shawl really had when it's flat? I am gonna start fixing it soon and I was wondering if it's square, oval or ever teardrop shaped? I don't know why, but to me it seems like it's not square when I look at the shape that is closest to the floor.
Help?
Elith Dupar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone who answered me privately on this issue.
I have another problem that I was wondering if anyone could help me with...
The whole ripped top is done except for the turtleneck. Nomatter what I do I can't seem to get it right. It's the only part that I don't have a pattern for and I was wondering if anyone out there has one or could tell me how they cut and did that part.

Thanks. Very Happy
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are doing two different versions of the Padme costume, correct? One ripped arena version and one Geonosis Padme unripped version with the shawl?

She doesn't have a turtleneck. I am not sure exactly what the neckline would be called though. I do not have the pattern that was used to make mine. Perhaps someone else that has done this costume can tell you how to customize a pattern to achieve the rounded neckline.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
darthrevan (Ally Bock)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkyrieangel wrote:

She doesn't have a turtleneck. I am not sure exactly what the neckline would be called though. I do not have the pattern that was used to make mine. Perhaps someone else that has done this costume can tell you how to customize a pattern to achieve the rounded neckline.

I believe it is a mock turtleneck. When I was doing research for this costume, I used www.padawansguide.com/white.shtml. It has some great tips for this. It goes piece by piece and it talks about the shaw too. http://padawansguide.com/white_makingof.shtml#cape
Jeremiah 29:11
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it a loose neckline...i always thought that a mock turtleneck was tight on your neck and came up a bit but did not fold over like a normal turtleneck does. i know that they are calling it a "mock turtleneck" in the description of making the top, but that term just doesnt seem right with me, but i could be wrong and this type of neckline could be considered a version of a mock turtleneck, but a very loose open version and not a traditional mock turtleneck perhaps.

http://www.padawansguide.com/padme/white/new17.jpg

As you can see from this picture, the neckline is loose and not up on the neck.

Last edited by Princess Sandy () on Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
darthrevan (Ally Bock)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkyrieangel wrote:
it a loose neckline...i always thought that a mock turtleneck was tight on your neck and came up a bit but did not fold over like a normal turtleneck does.

http://www.padawansguide.com/padme/white/new17.jpg

As you can see from this picture, the neckline is loose and not up on the neck.

ah ok I see what you mean.
Elith Dupar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's correct.

I've been already trying to use that page, actually used it quite a lot, also for the Packing Gown. I just can't get it right...I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I'll continue to try. Thanks for the tips guys! Very Happy
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try making the neckline bigger than the pattern says to and it might work.
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a pattern I developed and found the neckline is looks best as a slight oval- long sides at front and back so almost the opposite of a regular neckline. If there was no collar component it would almost be a boat neckline.

This makes it not look so big from the front but you can still get your head through.
Are you using a stretch fabric and a stretch stitch on your sewing machine? My fabrics used had some stretch and I used an overlocker and triple stitch to sew it up Smile the diamond gussets are a bit of a pain but worth doing Smile
Elith Dupar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips!

Here are some pics of the shawl, I just finished it today. Please let me know what you think.

Mosi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work! ^^^^
Elith Dupar ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mosi!
I'm just now finishing my ripped version top. I should be able to post a picture here today or tomorrow. Very Happy
RebelSenator (Raychel Enck)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first costume I constructed and joined the Rebel Legion with. It's been 2 years since I've worn it (mostly because it's a bit dingy) so I decided to drag it back out and spruce it up a bit.

I've started with the cape. I've had this blanket on the guest bed for over a year. I bought it at goodwill for around $3.00. I took the advice of someone on this thread and washed it in hot water to shrink it for a tighter weave. It's a waffle weave as you can see:

Someone asked about how the cape looks if it were laying flat. This is how I made mine. I'm sure there are others with better versions. I didn't have a pattern, I just looked at pics online and winged it from there. I made one side longer so I could wrap it around in front. Also, the bottom of the cape is slanted so that one side is a bit longer.

And here is how the cape looks on

I'm still fiddling with it but this is the jest.
MidSouth Garrison, Public Relations Officer
http://www.facebook.com/LCJedi
darthrevan (Ally Bock)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this one when researching the costume on padwansguide.com

http://www.padawansguide.com/padme/white/padme_ferd12.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: