Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ec7a10e980b0208564319e74ef904607Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

AZ Trip to Yuma Dunes/Legoland SW Weekend April 14/15, 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (1)

(1)

(6)

User Registered Confirmed
Lady Jedi CarenixThu Mar 01, 2012 10:54 am
padme9055Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:59 pm
Granny-WanMon Mar 12, 2012 11:19 pm
MnlymnTue Mar 13, 2012 2:59 am
RhidelSilpheedMon Mar 19, 2012 5:22 pm
endorraWed Mar 21, 2012 1:48 am
Zen SoloFri Mar 23, 2012 6:21 am
Darkshifter82Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:06 am
Lady Jedi Carenix ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: AZ Trip to Yuma Dunes/Legoland SW Weekend April 14/15, 2012 Reply with quote

Moderators: Please leave this thread in public forum so local 501st, R2 Builders, and interested wranglers can see the plans. Thank you!

Here's the proposal:

We've been invited to attend Legoland SW weekends (all pertinent information has been posted in this thread: http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37003 )

and we've been trying to get a photoshoot together at the Yuma Dunes.

I suggest that we combine the two into one mega-packed fun weekend of Saturday, April 14th, 2012 and Sunday, April 15th, 2012.

Saturday agenda:
--Meet at centrally designated location for carpooling early in the morning (place and time TBD)

--Get to Yuma Dunes and take pictures until too hot or bored or run out of space on camera, whichever comes first

--Drive to California, check into hotel, get dinner, and relax before showing up for first shift at Legoland Sunday morning

Sunday agenda:

--Check out of hotel

--Arrive at Legoland for AM shift

--Leave Legoland mid-afternoon to return to Phoenix before midnight (would like to return earlier, but must leave no later than what would get the majority of carpoolers home before midnight to get to bed and function the next day at work)

TOTAL RECOMMENDED BUDGET FOR THE TRIP: $100

I've priced it out for less, but its better to plan for a little extra in case you don't want to eat fast food meals all weekend. This budget includes food, gas, and hotel cost. If you want to make it on a budget of $65, I recommend bringing snacks/food with you to cut down on the food budget.

501st and R2 Builders are also invited. There are several spots open for wranglers if you would rather not wear a costume and/or if you're not on the official invite list (hint, hint Mando Mercs *coughcoughcough*).

FOR THIS TRIP TO HAPPEN, THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET:

1) We *must* have a minimum of EIGHT attendees. We can have more, but I need at least eight.

2) We *must* have TWO vehicles committed to driving. We can have more, but I need at least two.

Why eight attendees and two cars? Because I want to avoid the dreaded "one car going but six people are interested in attending, so one person has to be left behind" scenario. Also, that should give a *little* extra space for armor tubs/costumes (i.e. five people in one car, three in the other with the armor tub).

3) I (yes, me personally) *must* receive a $20 hotel deposit from people who are committed to going NO LATER THAN MARCH 15th, 2012! (Private Message me for PayPal/mailing address to send deposit)

This is to create a cut-off date one month in advance so a) Sunrider base will know for sure whether or not we're coming so they can fill their volunteer shifts for Sunday AM (which I hope doesn't get filled while we're planning because that would suck) and b) to prevent the event from falling apart at the last minute when people who were interested start dropping off the list like dying flies.

IF THE TRIP IS CANCELLED, ALL DEPOSITS WILL BE REFUNDED.

IF THE TRIP GOES FORWARD AND YOU HAVE TO CANCEL, YOUR DEPOSIT IS NON-REFUNDABLE, because part of what makes the cost of this trip low is people going together in a large group to split the costs. If six people end up going because two people drop out in the twenty-four hours before the trip, that screws up the math for budget, and I'm really fighting hard against the flake factor for this event since Sundrider needs to know whether or not we're really go to show up.

I'm not a complete Grinch so situations well beyond a person's control (car accident, family member in hospital, work shift change) could be eligible for a deposit refund. However, excuses like "not having enough money" for the trip or "it's my nephew's/niece's/auntie's/cousin's/brother's birthday" WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR DEPOSIT REFUND. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THE "YES" BUTTON, BECAUSE A "YES" CLICK MEANS I WILL COUNT ON YOU FOR A HOTEL DEPOSIT.

Attendees:
1) Lady Jedi Carenix - RL costumer
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8.)
9)
10)

Cars driving:
1) Lady Jedi Carenix (can seat up to four more people)
2)
3)

"Curiosity has gotten me into trouble all my life." -Aischros, Baltimore, or, The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire

*Cricket, Cricket*
padme9055 (Tabitha G)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so interested! Can't say yet, but I should be able to at least provide another body. I'd offer my car, but it has trouble just going to Tucson, let alone Phoenix. I might be able to bring my truck, if you can get another car. Lots of tubs would fit in the truck Smile .

Tabitha: a daughter, big sister, screenwriter, costumer, seamstress.
Darkshifter82 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is almost March 15, I forgot about the deposit, there are only three people atop the registration; but are there anymore people actually going?

I know people have been saving for CVI but we need at least eight for this right. and has anybody put down a deposit yet? Confused

If so that means this trip to Yuma Dunes + LEGOLAND will once again be cancelled, does is not? Sad

I hope I am wrong.
Lady Jedi Carenix ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkshifter82 wrote:
It is almost March 15, I forgot about the deposit, there are only three people atop the registration; but are there anymore people actually going?

I know people have been saving for CVI but we need at least eight for this right. and has anybody put down a deposit yet? Confused

If so that means this trip to Yuma Dunes + LEGOLAND will once again be cancelled, does is not? Sad

I hope I am wrong.

You're not wrong. Unfortunately since CVI is this year its eating into the travel budget for most people. If individual people still want to make plans to go out to Legoland they're more than welcome to, but it looks like there won't be a group going. Sad

"Curiosity has gotten me into trouble all my life." -Aischros, Baltimore, or, The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire

*Cricket, Cricket*
Mnlymn (Mike Little)
Mos Eisley Base CO
Mos Eisley Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I would love to go, the truth is...with PCC costs, CVI costs and a potential run at trying to make it to Dragon*Con (and all the costs there in), it's at least one too many events for me right now. Confused
RL Trading Card: Series 1, Number 44
RL Trading Card: Series 3, Number 137

"I feel the need...the need for Rebellion!"
endorra (Wendy Brown)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm a bit late, but this sounds like something I would definitely be interested in. I would love to tag along. Is there still a way to be included?

If the "official" trip is cancelled, I'm still up with traveling with someone and happy to split gas, hotel, and food.

Thanks,
Wendy
endorra (Wendy Brown)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, everybody. I should consult my droid for my schedule before doing anything. This weekend isn't good for me. I am taking a photography class for the weekend with AZ Highways.

I'm still up for doing something like this on another weekend if anyone is interested.

endorra wrote:
I know I'm a bit late, but this sounds like something I would definitely be interested in. I would love to tag along. Is there still a way to be included?

If the "official" trip is cancelled, I'm still up with traveling with someone and happy to split gas, hotel, and food.

Thanks,
Wendy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mos Eisley Base -> Mos Eisley Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: