About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards
 

Forum and Costume Controls

   FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=55c3637b19ddc00789e1c303bcdf0ff3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

       
REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

han solo hoth
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Luke Halcyon ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Posts: 83
Location: Hurricane, UT
Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: han solo hoth Reply with quote

anyone one know of a good han solo hoth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 19 Sep 2011
Posts: 659
Location: Provo, UT
Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As in a good costume that somebody has made, or a good source for items? What exactly are you looking for?
_________________
"Training to become a Jedi is not an easy challenge ...

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Luke Halcyon ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Posts: 83
Location: Hurricane, UT
Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a costume and items
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO


Joined: 26 Apr 2010
Posts: 3007
Location: Brno / Slavicin
Medals: 4 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: han solo hoth Reply with quote

Luke Halcyon wrote:
anyone one know of a good han solo hoth


If you are interested about this costume ... try check those two topics:

http://rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30697&sid=dbce1edfd32b5a0875a217db1099a602

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36836
_________________


Lion Base Commanding Officer | Docking Bay 94 Detachment Executive Officer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
edgejedi (Jase Fox)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 27 Nov 2005
Posts: 2259
Location: Durham, United Kingdom
Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are just two Han Solo Hoth costumes in the RL at the moment...

I'm one...

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=6443&bu

....and Captain Berry the other....

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=5358

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO


Joined: 26 Apr 2010
Posts: 3007
Location: Brno / Slavicin
Medals: 4 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edgejedi wrote:
There are just two Han Solo Hoth costumes in the RL at the moment...

I'm one...

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=6443&bu

....and Captain Berry the other....

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=5358

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to help.


Congratz for approving! Smile

ps: how did you made your jacket? - or it is costumebase one?
_________________


Lion Base Commanding Officer | Docking Bay 94 Detachment Executive Officer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
edgejedi (Jase Fox)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 27 Nov 2005
Posts: 2259
Location: Durham, United Kingdom
Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blair wrote:
ps: how did you made your jacket? - or it is costumebase one?
Cheers!

On the jacket....yes....Costumebase (and pants too)...Embarassed But the rest has been built and put together by me.

The CB design of the jacket is appealing as it uses hidden inner buttons, rather than a zip at the front. The pockets and design are spot on imho.

I added the cap in even though it wasnt on the standards I believe it is necessary, but went for the yellow lenses as thats what the standards say right now...but I agree with your other comments that the goggles look like clear lenses. I also felt that the binoculars were necessary too, so I included them. I didnt see it as an optional personally.

But I wont enter into that debate or about the colour of the jacket, just happy that Im cleared and ready to rock and roll (in the snow - whenever we get some!).

Dance Chewie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO


Joined: 26 Apr 2010
Posts: 3007
Location: Brno / Slavicin
Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edgejedi wrote:
Blair wrote:
ps: how did you made your jacket? - or it is costumebase one?
Cheers!

On the jacket....yes....Costumebase (and pants too)...Embarassed But the rest has been built and put together by me.

The CB design of the jacket is appealing as it uses hidden inner buttons, rather than a zip at the front. The pockets and design are spot on imho.

I added the cap in even though it wasnt on the standards I believe it is necessary, but went for the yellow lenses as thats what the standards say right now...but I agree with your other comments that the goggles look like clear lenses. I also felt that the binoculars were necessary too, so I included them. I didnt see it as an optional personally.

But I wont enter into that debate or about the colour of the jacket, just happy that Im cleared and ready to rock and roll (in the snow - whenever we get some!).

Dance Chewie



Nice! - thank you very much for review of this jacket ... (I see no issue with costumebase if it is properly fitting and looks good! - and in your case it look Wink )

Yes ... I think in future there will be need some iprovements in this standard (cap, etc.)

... and about color of jacket ... I think right now it is good solution -> that RL approving dark brown and also blue ...

ps: right now, I am myself working on this costume (yes ... I am Han Solo costume "hunter") Very Happy -> and I ordered this jacket week ago and wanna use it as patten ... but ... it looks so nice, so maybe I will try to used as it is Very Happy
_________________


Lion Base Commanding Officer | Docking Bay 94 Detachment Executive Officer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
edgejedi (Jase Fox)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 27 Nov 2005
Posts: 2259
Location: Durham, United Kingdom
Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a light weight jacket and not as 'hot' as you would expect it to be. The inner is lined blue with a silk like feel (not like the film but hey.....we cannot have it all...). This construction replicates most of the CB materials/designs which seem to have the light weight/thin feel - some to their advantage and some not (I hear the Hoth trooper isnt so good....).

The hood and general workmanship that has gone into the jacket is sound and sturdy and does not tear or come away - it will survive trooping.

The pockets are well made and will carry any valuables you have - including the wonderful and seemingly (3x2") better size Medal of Yavin that you get free with the coat! That was a bonus and Im sure I will make use for it. Much better than the MR Medal released previously which no self respcting hero would ever wear Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO


Joined: 26 Apr 2010
Posts: 3007
Location: Brno / Slavicin
Medals: 4 (View more...)
Celebration Europe 2 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edgejedi wrote:
- including the wonderful and seemingly (3x2") better size Medal of Yavin that you get free with the coat! That was a bonus and Im sure I will make use for it. Much better than the MR Medal released previously which no self respcting hero would ever wear Rolling Eyes


I got mine costumebase yavin medal some time ago (also as bonus) ... and ... for me, was not so nice ... Sad ... it looks like "cheap kid toy" ...

For ceremonial EpIV Han costume, I am using this one ...





... it is from ebay seller (I am not sure if we can put here links to ebay) -> it is cheap ... and accurate with size, shape and details ...
_________________


Lion Base Commanding Officer | Docking Bay 94 Detachment Executive Officer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 5809

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they recasted an MR
_________________
RL Han Solo Archive and information
Han Archive via Photbucket
My Holster
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
edgejedi (Jase Fox)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 27 Nov 2005
Posts: 2259
Location: Durham, United Kingdom
Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoloYT1300 wrote:
Looks like they recasted an MR
...Im not sure on the origins myself...but the MR I saw that came in the plastic casing 9not the ltd ed) was tiny - about an inch or two big!!!! I was mighty underwhelmed... Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
theeviltwin ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge


Joined: 27 Sep 2009
Posts: 357

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edgejedi wrote:
SoloYT1300 wrote:
Looks like they recasted an MR
...Im not sure on the origins myself...but the MR I saw that came in the plastic casing 9not the ltd ed) was tiny - about an inch or two big!!!! I was mighty underwhelmed... Rolling Eyes


Just in case anyone isn't aware MR did two MOYs - a limited ed full scale and a later small scale (like the .33 scale blasters). The small scale is nice but very small (coin sized). Still tried (and failed) to fit the ribbon over my head once though. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO


Joined: 26 Apr 2010
Posts: 3007
Location: Brno / Slavicin
Medals: 4 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoloYT1300 wrote:
Looks like they recasted an MR


I am not sure if it is recasted or not ... but it is made from metal and it is heavy ...
_________________


Lion Base Commanding Officer | Docking Bay 94 Detachment Executive Officer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Blair (Vlastimil Sprta)
Lion Base CO
Lion Base CO


Joined: 26 Apr 2010
Posts: 3007
Location: Brno / Slavicin
Medals: 4 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theeviltwin wrote:
edgejedi wrote:
SoloYT1300 wrote:
Looks like they recasted an MR
...Im not sure on the origins myself...but the MR I saw that came in the plastic casing 9not the ltd ed) was tiny - about an inch or two big!!!! I was mighty underwhelmed... Rolling Eyes


Just in case anyone isn't aware MR did two MOYs - a limited ed full scale and a later small scale (like the .33 scale blasters). The small scale is nice but very small (coin sized). Still tried (and failed) to fit the ribbon over my head once though. Smile


Yes, you are correct ...

... threre is "scaled version" (?? 2007 ??, limited edition, 2500 units)




and "1:1 version" (2004, limited edition, 1500 units)



Big review here: http://www.rebelscum.com/mrmedalofyavin.asp
_________________


Lion Base Commanding Officer | Docking Bay 94 Detachment Executive Officer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can post calendar events in this forum
The Rebel Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred volunteer Rebel costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © 2014 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group