About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=f4f4df094c9e6d74b4bacbdc4c9d7d6cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Luke Skywalker's Jedi Costume
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeroenM ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's from fouganza, and I bought it in a decathlon store It's a big store that sells almost anything sporting-related. However, I don't know in which countries they exist. Maybe you can order directly from fouganza's website if you want them.
Anakin Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks i think i found them! Very Happy

"All who gain power are afraid to lose it."
"The whole thing stank, but our noses had been out in the cold for too long..."
EgaBog (Caio Bogoni)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey people! Just recently I've been trying to get me a ROTJ Luke costume and yesterday I got it basically done. That is, except for the lightsaber and belt, that I haven't had time to get as I live in Brazil and almost anything from eBay takes about 15 days to arrive here.

Here is a pic of how it turned out:

EDIT: Also, for the costume register can I use only a lightsaber hilt? Without the blade like the stunt replicas? If not where can I find a quality lightsaber with a removable blade? Thanks.
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luke wore a vest with attached 'around-the-neck' tabbard + matching obi/sash.

your pic seems to show the around-the-neck tabbard, and the sash... but I can't see the vest.

--> are your tabbards/sash attached to a vest of some kind? or are we looking at just the tabbards + sash, (no vest)?

(its hard to tell, with 'black on black' costumes Wink hehe)
EgaBog (Caio Bogoni)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cobalt60 wrote:
luke wore a vest with attached 'around-the-neck' tabbard + matching obi/sash.

your pic seems to show the around-the-neck tabbard, and the sash... but I can't see the vest.

--> are your tabbards/sash attached to a vest of some kind? or are we looking at just the tabbards + sash, (no vest)?

(its hard to tell, with 'black on black' costumes Wink hehe)

I am wearing the vest, unnattached tabbard and the sash, kinda hard to see in this pic. Maybe in this one it's clearer to see:

Cobalt60

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah yes. that's a better pic. I can see it now. nice work
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can see, it looks pretty good. You might want to add the cuffs to the sleeves, get a plain black glove (no stitches on top), and pull the sash down a bit. Smile

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
UniversalDestiny (Jane Willer)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in awe at all the Luke ROTJ costumes on here. Luke's Jedi Costume has always been a favorite costume of mine and even though I'm female, I'd like to attempt a go at it.

I've already shopped for the fabric, have the saber on order but the problem I'm having is finding a pair of boots. I have wide calfs and it's hard to find a good pair of boots to fit, any suggestions veteran Skywalkers?

Also, who makes the best belt with the back pouch? I'm really looking forward to doing this costume and possibly the Bespin Luke, seeing that I already have the hair.

Any suggestions for the Endor poncho as well? I was thinking of adding that bit a little down the road.

Thanks for the help!
Carolina Garrison
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
_Master_Skywalker_ ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liking that collar Wink

EgaBog (Caio Bogoni)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
From what I can see, it looks pretty good. You might want to add the cuffs to the sleeves, get a plain black glove (no stitches on top), and pull the sash down a bit. Smile

The sash must have went up while I was watching the movie, that picture was taken right after the movie ended. Smile

_Master_Skywalker_ wrote:
Liking that collar Wink

Thanks! Mr. Green
JeroenM ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please do not forget to watch at the costume at the previous page. It was placed a bit unlucky, right before someone elses, so I think everyone looked over it. any comments are welcome.
EgaBog (Caio Bogoni)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeroenM wrote:
please do not forget to watch at the costume at the previous page. It was placed a bit unlucky, right before someone elses, so I think everyone looked over it. any comments are welcome.

Looking good mate! Though the mandarin collar looks more like "V" than "|_|", if you catch my drift.
JeroenM ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I did make it a v. When i watched the movie, it looked to me like it was a v for most. Sometimes it looked rectangular though, and since I couldn't find much information, I decided to go with what I thought it looked like most of the time. Should it have been more straight?
EgaBog (Caio Bogoni)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeroenM wrote:
Yes, I did make it a v. When i watched the movie, it looked to me like it was a v for most. Sometimes it looked rectangular though, and since I couldn't find much information, I decided to go with what I thought it looked like most of the time. Should it have been more straight?

I don't know.. Maybe both are good to go, looking some pictures now made me think it's a mix between the V and |_|.

| | , kinda like this.
\ /
JeroenM ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quit sure what you mean with the last one. Do you mean it could be with a diagonal line, but an opening in the middel, like this \_/, or somthing else?

on a side note, could it be that there were two different shirts used Confused ?
Those two, from the exhibition are clearly rectangular...

...while those two in the movie are V-shaped.

Does anyone else have any information about this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 33 of 36

Jump to: