About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=67d2a286027175f8d9615560fb48ea65Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

My ANH Leia Build
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerning the baggy up top look, you can achieve that easily when your belt is on. Make sure that your belt FITS you and is tight on your waist like Carrie Fisher's was, and you can easily blouse the top out. Just try that at first, and if you still are not happy with it or it gives you trouble, then you can think about trying to add in some small gathers in the waist to aid you in achieving that look, but I truly believe you will be fine without doing that.

I personally do not have any gathers in my dress and my belt is very snug on my waist. Everything else regarding this costume is what is important honestly. Do not concern yourself too much with trying to make sure it is baggy up top all the time. Once you wear it more, you will get to know what makes you feel comfortable in it and what you do that makes it that way. It's just new right now, it will come in time. Leia Buns
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mieal Deneb (Rachel Orange)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Droid Wranglers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I built elastic into my gown at the waist simply because I made mine with a waist seam (running the gown with the sleeves on the selvage edges didn't work for the length of my arms).

Ember ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dress has 3/4" elastic right around the waist to draw the dress in nice and snug. I wear the belt tight over the top, and in my 5 years of wearing the dress have never had any trouble with the elastic being visible.
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem as Rachel and also made my dress in two parts with a waist seam and elastic. I never have a problem with it showing because I made sure to measure where it would go based on where the belt sat on my natural waist after blousing the fabric over it a little.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: