About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=10abf4c975c214e1875c38824462b98aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Episode 1 3D troops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Nordic Base - Wampa's Cave
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elith Dupar ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Episode 1 3D troops Reply with quote

I've been curious about what all the nordic countries are doing for the Episode 1 3D release.
Maybe this can be a thread to tell a bit about it and post pictures from the events? I would at least think it's very interessting.

So far in Helsinki we've trooped at the cinema for the pre-sale for tickets and we've also done a viral shortfilm in the metro. It was cought by many people and some people sent pictures to the biggest newspapers here about that Darth Vader just happened to be in the metro with them that morning.

Here is the viral video:

http://www.youtube.com/user/LeffatByFSFilm?feature=guide#p/search/1/R5gGP85ZftE

And a picture from the "making of" if you will.

And a couple from the cinema trooping.

[/img]
Obi Anne (Johanna Nybelius)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think you could write up some kind of report, story about what you did. Could be good to put up on the NB website as well.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of just that tropp or all the troop we'll have for Episode 1 in general here in Finland?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more the merrier I'd say.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLAST!

Great video you made on Helsinki! Without any practice run?!!

--It's a snackbar! Admrl Snackbar on your service--
Krash ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi Anne wrote:
Do you think you could write up some kind of report, story about what you did. Could be good to put up on the NB website as well.

That video is PURE AWESOME... borrowed it and some info from this thread for the Rebel Legion blog:

http://allwingsreportin.blogspot.com/

If you do anything for TPM3D opening weekend, PM me any reports you post on NB website for a followup story.

Editor:
All Wings Report In! - Great Lakes Base blog
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hopte to get something more written up, especially when I get hold of more pictures.

Anyway the event at Sergel was a really fun troop. From the Rebel side there was queen Amidala and two tuskens, and some other members who chose their imperial costumes this time.

Here's a group pic before it all started.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THank you all for last night it was a blast a few props has been identified:)
tb5573 ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obi Anne wrote:

Off topic but I've been working on instructions for how to add news etc to the NG site so that we can keep ours more active. Once people have tested them a few times I'll tweak them for the NB site so you guys can get an active website.

Sorry but I've been swamped with stuff as I try to clean up my desk before stepping down as NG CO.

"A leader is a dealer in hope." - Napoleon Bonaparte
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Episode 1 3D-premiere in Stockholm was a great success. Nordic Garrison and Nordic Base arrived at Filmstaden Sergel, the main cinema in Stockholm at the moment, in the afternoon, suited up and got ready to troop. From 17.00 we mingled in the foyer, scaring and exciting the cinema goers. The cinema was crowded, and eventhough Star Wars was shown on two smaller screens, our presence was appreciated by people coming to see other films.

At 17.30 the Swedish dubbed version was screened, and Darth Maul and Queen Amidala got the chance to present the film and get the audience reday for the show. The English version was shown at 18.30, but that was presented by Darth Maul by himself, since Amidala had realised she wouldn't be able to fit into a seat and had to get changed before the film started. People with costumes that took up less space chose to watch the film all suited up though. It was quite sight to see R2 and R5 stand on guard under the screen while a whole row of royal guards, stormtroopers, tuskens and Darth Maul were sitting with their 3D-glasses on, getting ready for the film.

The troopers that had a possibility to stay also presented the 23.30 showing. All in all it was a great fun evening and the audience loved meeting up with Star Wars characters and droids.

Troopers in attendance

Nordic Base
Johanna - Queen Amidala
Anton - tusken raider
Sigge - tusken raider

Nordic Garrison
Andrew - SL5573
Mathias - TK-2959
Henrik - TK-7959
Petter - TB-850
Olle - TB-5890
Fredrik - TR-6771

Droids
Thomas - R2D2
Jimmy - R5D4

Supporter - David

Group photos before the troop

Tuskens planning the night's raids?

Presenting the first show

Getting ready to watch the film tusken style
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Episode 1 reports. Reply with quote

These are only reports from troops that I attended myself. Anything inbetween I can't really write about...

Tennispalatsi.

The troop on 31th of Januray was a different one for sure, as we all met at 7.00 a small production company to change into our armour before heading for the metro and morning rush to shoot a viral short film that FS Filmi would use for their PR for Episode 1 The Phantom Menace.
The shooting started at ca. 8.30 at Railwaystation metro station and lasted for about an hour. The actors were:

Nordic Garrion:

SL-7588 Juhani Seppala

TK-7276 Jani Turku

SL-7690 Jyri Venhola

Nordic Base:

Elith Dupar

Support:

Jouku

After a few hours brake, we met again (this time without SL-7690) at cinema Tennispalatsi in the center of Helsinki, for the pre-sales of Episode 1. We had competitions there and kids (and adults) got to "Shoot the Stormtrooper" with Nerg guns and won a Episode 1 poster if they won 1 out of 3.
I'm afraid I don't remember the exact time of the beggining and end of this cinema troop.

Bio Rex Sello.

On saturday the 11th of Februray, four Rebels, two NG Younglings, three kids and one NG support (and future trooper) headed to cinema Bio Rex in Sello mall in Finland to promote Episode 3 The Phantom Menace.
We started our troop ca 14.30 and it ended at 18.00 when we were allowed to watch a screening of the film, free of charge including drinks and snacks.

During our troop, we also got the chance to register the tickets at the entrance of the different movie screenings which was a different experience for sure. We interacted mostly with people during the waiting times before films, and posed for pictures of course.

Troopers were all from NB:

SL-9826 (Emma Komulainen)

TI-9827 (Tapio Komulainen)

vodobaas skywalker

Elith Dupar

Support:

Jouku

tk4918 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Wars Episode 1 3D 10 Feb 2012 Göteborg - Event Report (written by BH0518, Nordic Garrison)

Troopers on Site:

Varg as Sandtrooper
Janne as Chewbacca
Jonas as Biker Scout
Robin as Tie Pilot

Support
BH0518

A short and sweet troop. I arrived shortly after 16 and handed over a USB stick with some background Fx for the troop. Whilest there Varg arrived and got changed into his TD. We started working the crowd while we waited for the rest of the crew to arrive. Which they did.. and got changed as well.

We hanged around the entry for 30 mins or so before we moved up to the entry to the cinema hall itself and made sure everyone got inside. As the comercials started to roll we got ready to go inside and draw the wining numbers for the lottery. Unfortunately there were only ca 50 people in their biggest theater so our reception was pretty mild to say the least.

After the prizes were handed out, to the absent minded applauds, we left the theater, took a few more photos with the visitors before heading up and getting changed.

www.jannesandin.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases Europe -> Nordic Base - Wampa's Cave All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: