About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1fef101892fc82c0f7114312ddb83b11Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Edmonton Collectable and Toy Fair 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Outrider Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cerfestas (Meaghen Gallagher)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Edmonton Collectable and Toy Fair 2012 Reply with quote

Evening folks!

It's getting to that time of year again for the Comic and Toy fair, set for April 01, 2012 at the Shaw Conference Center.

I am currently looking into having a table there, which I will be manning myself along with anyone who is willing to volunteer. I know that in previous years the table hasn't necessarily been a "fun" thing to do, but I think it's important to keep our name out there in the community.

With that, I am looking into getting a new banner, one that is free standing on its frame. Right now Rayacom is having a sale on them for $199.00, including the stand and the full colour banner, which is a pretty sweet deal, if we can do it together. I am looking to see if our base members would be willing to contribute something towards getting one of these banners to be used at our events. It would of course be passed off to whoever becomes our CO in the future. It's a pretty hefty amount for me to pay on my own, so any bit will help.

I am looking to have it in time for the Toy Fair, so the final deadline is going to be made for March 15 th, to allow me time to go to Rayacom and get it ordered.

I have worked with Rayacom in the past doing cardstock, poster, and banner printing for Animethon and their quality is great. I am expecting to pick up some RL business cards this week from them for the 3D release, so if anyone wants some of those too, let me know.

Ben
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there,

Awesome enthusiasum. I don't think its that a lot of us don't think it's a 'fun' thing. I think it's just it can run long and most of us have been manning tables for years and the toy show has lots of other tables and photo ops for non sw costumes a lot of us all enjoy.

I'll let you know on table manning, I might already be manning another table for some time and I too want to shop around as we all do. I may troop in costume or may just come in my civies this year depending.

New merch is a cool idea. Do you have any links to what you were thinking from that site? Would it be same design as the previous banner? I wouldn't want to see that one put aside as myself and some other members chipped in for the banner Erin got made. Are we going to be securing that banner as wel for the showl? Also will the previous bussiness cards also be used for the table and what would table cost be for the con?

'Just because I don't like to fight. Doesn't mean I can't'

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I will be sort of "doubling up" on a table with our Lightsaber guy from Genesis Saber Shop.

The banner's just going to be the standard issue banner, not specific to Outrider. I've not been given access to the banner that was previously made, which is why I made this call out. If I can get one in time for the show, that would be cool, but at this point I am not going to worry too much about it, since we won't have a table of our own.
Outrider Base XO
Outrider Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meg this is the THIRD time I have mentioned the Banner. It is here along with the PR stuff just waiting to be picked up.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay my apologies. I have tried making arrangements with you and got no reply. Please PM me.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meg has offered to meet up to pick them up in past posts as well. I recall having the bring the items to the show last year because we had a hard time meeting up to pass them off before hand. It happens guys, we all get busy.

So the RL items will be displayed on the Genesis table then Meg?

'They can be a great people Kal-El they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way'

'JASON' Detachment
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MothMonty (Greg)
Outrider Base XO
Outrider Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cerfestas wrote:
Okay my apologies. I have tried making arrangements with you and got no reply. Please PM me.

I received no such message, if you would like to pick them up from my house PM me a time and it will be done. If not I can bring them to the Toy show
MothMonty (Greg)
Outrider Base XO
Outrider Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is any one going to this, Erin will be there saturday helping to set up the 501st table. She can bring the PR stuff and will bring the Banner IF there is an outrider table to put it at. Otherwise there is no where to store it. Let me know
Sidewalker (Shawn Trainor)
Outrider Base CO
Outrider Base CO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See you tonight Greg!
Hett'ciri Clan Alor'ad
Ky-Wan Zann ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no RL table. To my knoweldge np one is trooping in RL gear.

'JASON' Detachment
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please bring the PR stuff and leave it at the Genesis Saber vendor table. Rob has graciously offered some table space for RP promo stuff, which was posted elsewhere on our base forum. It won't be set up until early afternoon when I get to the show, unless you wouldn't mind putting some things out, Ky.
Outrider Base XO
Outrider Base XO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the PR stuff is at the 501st table
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Outrider Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: