About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=722184d4420b4b086deb9af647ae4ee1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Han Solo Vest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
padme9055 (Tabitha G)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm going off the ANH look. Like I said, it's not going to be accurate because I know he's going to grow out of it and I'm not sure how well it would sell after he grows out of it.

So it doesn't close? Does it meet across the front?

Tabitha: a daughter, big sister, screenwriter, costumer, seamstress.
SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. Hans vest almost looks like a size to small to be honest the way it fits him. Does not close.... always open. Does not meet either.

You must show pics of the vest when donee Smile

Bob
padme9055 (Tabitha G)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Smile . I thought something like that, but wanted to ask the experts first Smile .

Of course! Would you like to see some pictures of the muslin I whipped up today?

You can see some pictures and read about it on this blog post. It's after the Luke tunic costume.

http://anartistslifeline.wordpress.com/2010/09/28/costumes-drafting-and-muslins/

padme9055 (Tabitha G)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished my brother's vest and I must say it looks really, really nice. It's not screen accurate (like it doesn't have the yoke seam), but for an 8yr old boy who is still growing, it looks pretty close.

I took some pictures, but I'll try to get some more with his complete outfit. And they aren't on the computer yet, so I'll try to get them up tomorrow or the next day.

Pete Solo ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Han Solo Vest Reply with quote

Mine is a combination of both the ANH and ROTJ vests. It has the ROTJ pockets and a back flap with band at the bottom of the vest. Not sure what that makes me.

I am the basis for the World's Most Interesting Man commercials by Dos Equis.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Havok69 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: Han Solo Vest Reply with quote

Pete Solo wrote:
Mine is a combination of both the ANH and ROTJ vests. It has the ROTJ pockets and a back flap with band at the bottom of the vest. Not sure what that makes me.

That makes you a Return of the New Hope Han.

Mr. Green
conceited_ape (Rod)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoloYT1300 wrote:
Not really. Hans vest almost looks like a size to small to be honest the way it fits him. Does not close.... always open. Does not meet either.

Same with Han's ESB jacket, actually. That's why I made mine smaller. It's more just a sleeved vest than an actual jacket, evidenced by the fact that it had no front buttons or zip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Fringe Tutorials All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: