About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b9a91c80220d4d7a06e025bfa830851dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

PA, State College - PSU THON 2012 - 18th Feb. 2012

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: PA, State College - PSU THON 2012 - 18th Feb. 2012 Reply with quote

GET READY FOR THON 2012!!

Good Day Echo!

I just posted an event announcement over at the High Profile/Cross Base thread announcing THON 2012. Check it out over there--if you trooped it last year, please drop by the thread and contribute a line or two about what you thought of the event--and if you're able to go again this year.

FTK!

"It is the happy man who does the useless things; the sick man is not strong enough to be idle." - G. K. Chesterton, "Orthodoxy"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tom_Kness ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barring blizzards, I'm in again this year.

THON '11 was....WOW.

Its very hard to sum it up in words what it was like, there is just so much going on. Between dancing, water guns and beach balls and yea, just so much there happening at once. Its an amazing trooping expierence.
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom_Kness wrote:
Barring blizzards, I'm in again this year.

Excellent! Glad to have the air support once again!

Tom_Kness wrote:
THON '11 was....WOW.

Its very hard to sum it up in words what it was like, there is just so much going on. Between dancing, water guns and beach balls and yea, just so much there happening at once. Its an amazing trooping expierence.

Yeah, no kidding, right? It's one of the most amazing troops you'll ever be a part of. One of the highlights of the year, for sure!

"It is the happy man who does the useless things; the sick man is not strong enough to be idle." - G. K. Chesterton, "Orthodoxy"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
sgt carida (Wally Peters)
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know Captain Rex will be there.
Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgt carida wrote:
You know Captain Rex will be there.

So long as no little kids try to squirt him with a water pistol!! Shocked

Endorscout64

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tharren do we have a list yet?
Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endorscout64 wrote:
Tharren do we have a list yet?

Hey Tim,

I've been keeping the list current over at the High Profile/Cross Base Event thread. 25 total attendees, 4 squires. Pass list finalized over the weekend and submitted.

ThE MaD RuSsIaN ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: just wondering Reply with quote

Greetings. I am currently a full time student at PSU at the UPark campus, and due to the new regs, my costume doesn't meet current standards. Anyhow, I am going to THON tomorrow and was wondering if you were changing onsite or coming in fully dressed. I'm still trying to figure out if i should get dressed ahead of time or not. Any suggestions? Sorry for the last minute message. Thanks in advance & happy trooping.
Sincerely,
Tim ThE MaD RuSsIaN
Then there are those who know me as Haffabacca
Endorscout64

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim, everyone will be dressing at the event. You could squire for the group if you desired?
ThE MaD RuSsIaN ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: THON Reply with quote

Tim -
Thanks for the response. I already independently committed to going in costume because I did not know that the Legion would have a presence at the event. I feel bad saying no, but it's sort of an awkward situation for me, since my costume no longer meets standards for membership. I created my costume before I knew of the Legion's existence and though I applaud the work that the Legion does, I never built my suit explicitly for membership. I will figure something out and maybe see you and the other Legion/501st members at the event. Have a great weekend and thanks for the information and quick response.
Sincerely,
Tim Stefanoski
Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endorscout64 wrote:
Tim, everyone will be dressing at the event. You could squire for the group if you desired?

Unfortunately, Tim (and Tim), the deadline for Entertainment floor/backstage passes expired a week ago. This event was posted in the Cross-Base thread since November, and everyone had plenty of opportunity to post up their interest. THON is VERY strict about this; I can't add any more names to the list.

HSAT, Tim, we will most likely be trooping publicly-accessible areas of the BJC at some point during the day, so hopefully we'll catch up with you there. And by all means, post up earlier next year so we can get you on the pass list!

ThE MaD RuSsIaN ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: THON Reply with quote

Tharren -
Thanks for getting back to me. Since this is the first time I've been anywhere near State College for THON. I had no idea what to expect. Honestly, if it wasn't for the opening of Ep:I I wouldn't even have my costume with me. I was only planning on staying at THON for a few hours to support my friends who are dancing. Never a dull moment around here.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Echo Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: