About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b4de0bcf2d5dc77795d00b6791654be5Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Appearance Request! Spring 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (0)
 10 slots left to register.
 (4)
 6 slots left to register.
 (0)
 10 slots left to register.
User Registered Confirmed
MooseyMeenaWed Dec 07, 2011 3:47 am
MasterbeanTue Dec 13, 2011 4:21 pm
VaderwannabeTue Dec 13, 2011 4:33 pm
Commander RKSat Feb 04, 2012 4:46 am
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Appearance Request! Spring 2012 Reply with quote

We were requested to make an appearance at a Barnes and Nobles in Rochester, MN
They don't have specifics yet so we are just trying to gauge general interest at this point. Here is what she wrote:
Quote:
We are looking to hold a Special Star Wars Storytime event at our store. We would LOVE to hold some sort of Jedi Training Academy in coordination with that event. We are thinking April or May for the event with possible Rochester Downtown Alliance cooperation. Star Wars product continues to sell well in our store and at least half of our staff are avid fans. We would like to make the event exciting, interactive, and perhaps raise money for a local school through our Bookfair program. Our planning, as you see, is in the beginning stages.
May the Force be with you,
Christine

Barnes & Noble Chateau/Peace Plaza is the specific location. They're currently thinking May 4th, 2012 but are open. Please post up if you think you would be available or at the very least are interested

Last edited by Masterbean (Brian Bean) on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
MooseyMeena (Amanda Fineran)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would definitely be interested - once there is a confirmed date I will know for sure. We should see if while we're in Rochester we could do something for the kids at Mayo.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be nice...but I don't have any contacts out there. 5/4/12 is a Friday...so, if they did this on the one day they suggested, it might be tough to get enough people to go.
Vaderwannabe (Nick Koutek)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I'm not a member I would be interested in going for that. I'm really hoping to have my costume approved by then. Rochester is only an hour and a half drive from Cottage Grove Ben
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool, I'm sure this would be a good troop too. Hopefully a hospital trip can be worked out too. I should probably put myself down as a maybe as I wouldn't mind driving down for the troop. As long as it's not a weekday.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its a Friday and it takes place during the weekend I will defintly be able to go. It just depends on my costume approval cw obi
Commander RK (Rob Keisacker)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will check calendars and we can see about making it work. As for a hospital visit, we have to go over in April for Ian's yearly checkups anyways, and so we can ask one of the doctors if there is a contact that we could get ahold of.... If not the hospital (St. Mary's as that is where all the kids are) or Mayo Clinic, then maybe the Ronald McDonald house?

Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commander RK wrote:
I will check calendars and we can see about making it work. As for a hospital visit, we have to go over in April for Ian's yearly checkups anyways, and so we can ask one of the doctors if there is a contact that we could get ahold of.... If not the hospital (St. Mary's as that is where all the kids are) or Mayo Clinic, then maybe the Ronald McDonald house?

That would be great, Rob! I would fully endorse you getting a contact. If you want to arrange something too, if you were planning on trooping it, that would be fine. Otherwise, I know we have a group of people here who are trying to get stuff together to approach local hospitals and such, if you get a contact and want to pass it on to me, I can then get in touch with those people to see if they can make a pitch, as it were.

I still haven't heard anything about dates, the last email I received from them said they are still a ways out from nailing anything down. I will set a reminder to email them soon so we can try to get a date and time nailed down.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea on whats going on? The only reason I'm asking is so I can ask for time off from work. cw obi
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sent an email requesting information, hoping that they have nailed down a date. I have yet to hear back.
Masterbean (Brian Bean)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I finally heard back today...they cancelled the event Crying or Very sad

can't exactly say that it was a surprise, given how long it took for them to contact me back...
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Central Base -> Central Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: