Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7bcb448e06141353191244e079075a51Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

HELP !!! Senate guard helmet Episode 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Senate Guards
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Infernu (Alejandro Sánchez)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: HELP !!! Senate guard helmet Episode 1 Reply with quote

Does anyone know which is the correct length of the black plumes in the Roman style helmet that carries the Senate Guard Episode 1?
And just ask, there is an angle to place?

Thanks!!!
Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ! I calculated all the dimension of the helmet to make my one.

So, for me, the plumes are 15cm long at the top of the helmet, and 7,5cm, the half, at the bach of the neck. They are not the same length all the way, it's a gradient.

I don't have my measurments rigth now. I need te find them at home. Maybe I will have them tomorrow. But if I remember well, the é crest are separated of a 40° angle. So 45° would be good baecause there is a little variation on my measurments due to the pictures resolutions.

If you have other question, ask me Wink
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent and very useful data.
Thank you!

During my process I would like if you to continue commenting on my progress, your contributions will serve me a lot.

Thank you.

Soon I will put photos.
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's photos and video about this costume on the Blu-ray (disc 7).

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infernu wrote:
Excellent and very useful data.
Thank you!

During my process I would like if you to continue commenting on my progress, your contributions will serve me a lot.

Thank you.

Soon I will put photos.

No problem ! Just send pictures and i will Wink

Which way are you sculpting the helmet ? / the crest ?

Edit : Some pictures you could use :
All the reference pictures I get :
https://picasaweb.google.com/106167927528037966982/PhotosDeReferencePourSenateGuard

I numerise on of my book to get better resolution pics :
https://picasaweb.google.com/106167927528037966982/ScanDossierOfficiel?authkey=Gv1sRgCOCDu8alppi_OA#5414740894701289202
https://picasaweb.google.com/106167927528037966982/ScanDossierOfficiel?authkey=Gv1sRgCOCDu8alppi_OA#5414740857630422114

From the side you can well seen the gradient length of crest. And on the second one from front, you see well the 40° angle (a little bit less than 45)
But from the other picture at the bottom left, you can see closer crest, about 20°

You can see here my making process :
https://picasaweb.google.com/106167927528037966982/SenateGuard

I recommend you to put into the helmet some velvet like i did :

Because we don't have a visor, the people can see, particularly by the side, inside the helmet, and if it's not beautiful, that's little bit bad. It makes the helmet more "glorious" and ceremonial. It's not a heavy velvet i put, something really light, and it's not warm. Also, it's softer to touch than any inside you could get (fiberglass for exemple).

I take the cheaper velvet i found that was blue/ dark blue/ black, and which look "ceremonial" "senatorial" "royal"

To finish : my prefered reference pictures :

Good luck

@JedHead : Could you make good resolution screenshots, i don't get the blu rays, or anything to read them.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JedHead wrote:
There's photos and video about this costume on the Blu-ray (disc 7).

Realy????
Ok, good reason to see the entire disk material 7 again hehe.

THanks Kornas. Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Senate Guards All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: