About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=fd638c3690c09e1b645d7eeb0ee0bee8Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

ALL READ: New/Unfinished Costume Standards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> COSTUME STANDARDS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StoyBoy720 (Bryan Patrick Stoyle)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to propose an additional Luke Skywalker costume from ROTJ: "Endor Tribe" or something to that effect.

This is from the scenes on Endor in which the Rebels have been freed from the Ewoks, and Luke talks to Leia before leaving to face Vader. It's the only time in the movie (barring the deleted sandstorm scene) in which Luke is wearing the black glove, belt, and vest/sash, without the added accoutrements of the Endor strike team gear (poncho, helmet). We currently do not have this variant as an RL costume. The closest we have is wearing the belt and glove as optional items in the "Sarlacc Pit" costume, though to be fair Luke did not wear either item in Jabba's Palace or at the Sarlacc Pit.

Photos of the scene, showing the items mentioned:

Proposed Standards:

Required Items:

1. Black long-sleeve shirt w/mandarin-type collar with fold-over bib
2. Black flat front tight-fitting pants no visible pockets
3. Black or dark grey vest w/scarf-style tabbards and wide sash belt
4. Black equestrian-type knee-high boots
5. Black leather belt with silver weathered octagonal buckle w/small back pouch
6. Black leather glove on right hand
7. Luke's ROTJ hero lightsaber hilt

Failed First Dates - Comedy Web Series

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ShVagYeR (Michael Szymanski)
Eagle Base CO
Eagle Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't found any guidelines about suggesting changes to existing standards, so I'll just post it here and hope I haven't missed anything. Wink

Rebel Fleet Trooper from A New Hope

Required Items:

1. Accurate Fleet Trooper helmet or accurate soft cap
  2. Long-sleeve blue workshirt with bib in front (blue chambrey or blue oxford button-down recommended; bib should cover front of shirt with no gaps at the bottom)
  3. Black, collarless vest with pockets (at least 4 pockets are recommended) and no visible buttons
  4. Light Grey pants with large cargo pockets
  5. Black mid-calf boots (or suitable substitute, shaft should be 11-13 inches tall; taller boots can have the pants bloused over to appear shorter)
  6. Brown leather/vinyl belt with metal buckle (buckle can be rectangular, oval, or octagon-shaped)

Formal Requirements - Choose One:
(Unless local laws prohibit or strongly discourage carrying anything that looks like a firearm)

1. A DH-17 blaster
  2. A pike weapon
  3. Rank Badge

Optional Item - Not Required for Formal

1. Accurate Holster

(Underlined the added part.)

The reason for this modification is the fact that RFTs wearing soft caps are seen on screen in A New Hope in the throne room scene. List of references:
The caps can be seen in detail these screencaps. Some retouched images and animations follow here and here is Mac Bragg's detailed analysis of the caps that were also used by other background characters in the throne room scene.

This suggestion is a result of a detailed discussion in the Rebel Troopers forum (link). The existence of RFTs wearing caps is further confirmed in EU sources: at least one comic book story arc as well as a Hasbro action figure (both mentioned and depicted in that topic). I believe all those facts merit the idea of adding the cap as an item that could be used for attaining Formal status instead of the helmet. Let me underline again: it was seen on screen, even if only for a few seconds. So was the Ice Cream maker guy and he's Formal. Wink

RL member 2007-2012, 2014-
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment
Eagle Outpost/Eagle Base co-founder
Kyle Darklighter (Garrett K McCarthy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8863

1st post Alliance Troopers.
ShVagYeR (Michael Szymanski)
Eagle Base CO
Eagle Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read my post thoroughly and you'll notice that I'm not suggesting these standards should be added... they should be altered.

RL member 2007-2012, 2014-
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment
Eagle Outpost/Eagle Base co-founder
Kyle Darklighter (Garrett K McCarthy)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh didn't catch that on the 1st read through. Sorry.
Havok69 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if I am posting in the correct place, so please forgive me in advance, but this Han Solo resource link in the costuming standards is dead:

Obi-Wan's Jedi Academy Han Solo Tutorial
Sofie ()
Archived Member Profile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, I'm not sure but I have some questions about the new costuming standards for the imperial knight. I have this costume now for several years already and would like to send it in. I'm convinced that following rule:
'2. Black eight panel leather/leather-like skirt (tabards). The two front and back panels are longer than side panels. May be sewn into tunic if desired.' Is not entirely correct.
When watching the colouring in the comics, these tabards are brown. I have no problem with making new ones but I think this is accurate as well. Could you please consider this?

Thanks in advance!
JediMasterMark (Mark Jones)
Active Legion Member

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havok69 wrote:
Not sure if I am posting in the correct place, so please forgive me in advance, but this Han Solo resource link in the costuming standards is dead:

Obi-Wan's Jedi Academy Han Solo Tutorial

No problem - I've deleted the old link from the page, thanks for the heads up.

@Sophie - I've seen images of your costume, it looks great... all the images I've seen have had black tabards, but I'll take a look through some of the reference photos and let you know.
Princess Sandy ()
Legion XO
Legion XO

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sofie wrote:
Same here, I'm not sure but I have some questions about the new costuming standards for the imperial knight. I have this costume now for several years already and would like to send it in. I'm convinced that following rule:
'2. Black eight panel leather/leather-like skirt (tabards). The two front and back panels are longer than side panels. May be sewn into tunic if desired.' Is not entirely correct.
When watching the colouring in the comics, these tabards are brown. I have no problem with making new ones but I think this is accurate as well. Could you please consider this?

Thanks in advance!

The panels will remain black, and black only is going to be approved. The actual artist herself stated that the panels were always meant to be black and were drawn as such, but there were some pictures with brown panels, and she stated that those were errors on the colorists part and were mistakenly printed.
I would encourage you to please do black skirt panels and submit your costume for approval! Smile
www.facebook.com/PrincessSandy41280
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkyrieangel wrote:
I would encourage you to please do black skirt panels and submit your costume for approval! Smile

Hear, hear!

Last edited by JediMasterMark (Mark Jones) on Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
MotF (Cathy Bowden)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Jobal Naberrie Reply with quote

Hi,

As being one of the oldest members of the Rebel Legion, I would like to do Jobal. I can only one photo that I could find, and the black of the gown is very confusion.

Could I get some help on this please?

here is the link to the facebook pictures I found.....
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150543066249496.392476.782184495&type=1&l=698fb9f087

Thanks
John 3:16
Bespin Base
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest putting a thread up in the royalty/senatorial group - one image is quite hard to plan from. I can't recall off the top of my head if she's seen in Dressing a Galaxy. The R/S probably going to be the best resource to find additional info on Luke & Leia's grams.
MotF (Cathy Bowden)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile
John 3:16
Bespin Base
Cobalt60

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Costume Standards proposal: Deliah Blue – Legacy comics series

Formal requirements:

1. Top consisting of blue colored center part with three cutouts, yellow panels on the sides of the centre, green panel that continues to form the back panel of the top. Black shoulder straps that creates the upper part of the back section of the top as well.
2. Low hip fitted pants that are created from panels of blue , yellow and black color, while the blue panel is on both sides with 4 to 5 cutouts in it, yellow panels creates the middle section of the pants and black panels create the inner legs parts.
3. Brown leather belt with gold studs/holes in it, with five gold decorative round pieces on it, the center piece is bigger with different decoration on it and the other four are same. Piece of purple fabric of same color as knee pads, hanging from the belt
4. Arm covers of black fabric with several cut-outs.
5. Gold massive wide bracelets with relief pattern and big purple stone
6. High boots of purple color, padded knee pads of the same color as boots
7. Long blue hair/wig,
8. Pink skin color, blue lips

Optional items:
1. Violet eye contacts
2. Blaster – bluebolt style

-====================-

Costume Standard: Nera Dantels – Empire comics version

Formal requirements:

1. Mid. blue short sleeved midriff t-shirt, form fitting.
2. Same shade of blue form fitting pants/leggings with red stripes running down the side of each leg.
3. High brown leather/leather like boots.
4. Brown leather/leather like belt with silver buckle. Four brown leather/leather like pouches on the belt, two on each side.
5. Yellow vest with decorative piping and with several squares on the back running down the center back in the beige and blackish colors. Rolled up sleeves secured with flaps, mandarin style collar.
6. Brown leather/leather like gloves. Silver gauntlets with two armbands on them.
7. Blue tattoo/bodypaint in the shape of ”angel wings” framing the eyes.

Optional:
1. Green eyes or contacts
2. Dark brown hair with fringe
3. Brown holster

-=========-

Costume Standard: Khaleen Hentz:
1. Top in style of comfortable bra with wide shoulder straps of elastic fabric purple or burgundy colored.
2. Low hip shorts made from the same material as bra in the same color
3. Arm covers made of black net fabric and held in place by two wide silver stripes on both ends
4. Black tights with pattern of big eyed net, created of wider stripes.
5. Knee high boots of purple or burgundy color
6. Long purple hair, face is framed with two strands of hair and the rest of hair is secured to fall to the back
7. There is a “tattoo“under left eye in the shape of two tiny triangles , there is also a tattoo on the belly circling naval consisting of four diamonds, four darts and dots.
Optional items:
1. Green eyes or contact lenses
2. Purple eye shades and purple lipstick

By Andrea Ulagová and Anna Sirkovská (Lion Base)
Lora Skywalker ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently making this costume and would like suggest minor changes to the standards. The changes suggested are changing the shoe color to light grey/dull silver instead of light blue/light grey (they are in no reference pictures light blue), fixing typos, and having the top and the hood described seperately.

Padmé Amidala (Episode II: Attack of the Clones, Light Blue Tatooine Midriff)

Required Items:

1. Light blue, inner wrap top with exposed midriff and fitted sleeves.
2. Drapey hood that covers back and shoulders and ends in a flat point with beaded fringe.
3. Cape effect comes from under the hood and wraps over the fitted sleeves of the inner top to create wing-like oversleeves.
4. Back of the cape comes to a point, with a silver ‘f” shaped pattern along the edges and scattered on the back.
5. Light blue full length skirt is straight and gathers in a T in the front; in the top center, there is a triangular pattern of bead fringe.
6. Light gray/dull silver tailored low heeled boots or shoes.
7. Headpiece has scroll work silver colored wire fitted at crown and encircling loosely curled hairbuns. Loosely curled hair is caught up low on the nape of neck and then cascades down back of hood. Naturally-occurring hair colors only; no bangs.

Optional Items:

1. Blue/gray hooded floor length cloak with a burnout pattern, closes at neck with large silver clasp, hair hidden under a blue/gray wimple.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> COSTUME STANDARDS All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 15 of 19

Jump to: