About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a26062075f522721d6311311df09be6fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

arand08's Jedi Build Thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediMasterMark (Mark Jones)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: arand08's Jedi Build Thread Reply with quote

Andrew,

Here's the spot for you to post your concept, images of parts acquired and whatever thoughts you have around your Jedi. Michael (iconicdesign) will be giving it the once over, along with anyone else that wants to contribute as well, of course!

Mark
arand08 (Andrew Randolph)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'm planning on doing a New Republic Jedi. I'm stuck at school until the 14 so I won't be able to really start it until I'm back home. It just isn't plausible to try and make this in my dorm room. I like this tutorial http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29112 so that is what I'm going to attempt. Though, I'm going to read as many tutorials as possible before I'm home so I can get as many ideas as I can.

I read somewhere that Jedi scholars wore gold. I'm thinking of trying to incorporate that into my costume somehow. I'm a Biblical studies major so I like the idea of a warrior scholar look. I also really liked how Kota from force unleashed had a sheath so I'm going to be trying to make one of those.

That's where I'm at right now.

”We take what is given"- Kol Skywalker
ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. I'm here to help if I can. Ben

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been working a ton over break. And when I haven't been working I have been trying to spend as much time with family/friends while I'm home. That being said there has been zero time to really try and get this Jedi off the ground. I think what I'm going to do is commission someone to make it for me. I have a bit of extra money from all the work and who really needs text books anyway, right?

ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a professor I'm going to have to side with the textbooks, do tell if we can help though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been searching thrift stores looking for boots and have come away empty handed. I've been looking online but I'm not sure what the average price is for good boots. I've seen riding and military officer boots on ebay go for anywhere from 130 to 200 dollars and I'm not looking to spend that much.

I found a store on ebay selling what they call "Jedi Boots" for 79 bucks (with shipping included). They're pleather, the color I want, no laces, inside zipper, ect. So far they're the cheapest I've seen that would be legion approved. Are they kosher or should I hold out for something better? Does the price seem fair?

Here's the link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jedi-Skywalker-Obi-Wan-Sith-Boots-Brown-Black-/300386278529?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D5%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D5315908619458427921

ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd keep looking at the thrift shops and stuff for some nice leather ones if you can. Unless someone has specific experience with this seller. and can give more detailed information.

They're also Prequel Trilogy style boots and where you're going for a NR Jedi zipper-less leather riding boots would be a better match anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a couple more thrift I haven't hit yet so I'm going to keep looking. Those boots are plan B. The seller has consistently high feedback on them so I'm decently confident in them. I didn't even think how they look more prequel-ish than NR. That is definitely something I should keep in mind better.

arand08 (Andrew Randolph)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the D-Ring belt lightsaber attachment mandatory? It just seems slightly impractical for my lightsaber to attach via d-ring because it is a double bladed and the handle is so long. I was planning on making a sheath for it but I don't want to get started on it if it is not legion approvable.

Also I found a pair of plain brown cowboy boots in my closet. I think they may work as Jedi boots with just a bit of modding. Because I have no idea how to add photos on here, here is a link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60627325@N02/sets/72157628710075139/

Are they workable? I just hit a major snag on my 501st armor today so if I could get passable boots without shelving out any money would be great.

ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A d-ring clips/hook is the typical connection for a NR Jedi. A dual bladed hilt would strain either that or a covertec so be careful and try to ensure the hilt isn't heavier than it needs to be.

It would be good to consult with a Jedi LCJ but the boots look alright to me. Just be sure the reach at least your calves. Ben

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. A Jedi Judge told me that the sheath is fine. As long as there is a hook on my belt the lightsaber does not actually have to attatch to it

ionicdesign (Michael)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: