Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2e8c68ecee211d900bc70abb26f05fc7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Year's resolutions?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schph Gochi (Phyllis Schulte)
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Medals: 11 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: New Year's resolutions? Reply with quote

I always ask each year if others do New Years Resolutions...

I still do..
and I do try to stick to them.

Last year I vowed to purge the entire house ...which I did do. It took months to go through everything...sort...and either throw away, shred, find a new home or donate so many things. I also pared down my stash of extra costume pieces I had laying around for years...and re-organize all that stuff.

I also vowed to lose weight....where I didn't lose as much as I had hoped to...I did end 2011 weighing less than when the year began.

What to do about this year's resolution?

My first order of business is to find new ways to save money - a new and improved budget...which ties into my effort to get to C6.

I also vow to repaint my bathroom....last year it was the kitchen.

I vow to get to an eye doctor...I am tired on not being able to see well.

and..

REALLY make an effort to lose weight before C6 and to see if there is anything I can do for my aging face that I can actually afford...

http://livefromthegalaxyfarfaraway.blogspot.com/
Woulf ()
Nar Shaddaa Base CO
Nar Shaddaa Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Boston Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right now my 2 are to get both my costumes completed, and become a member of the RL and 501st Mr. Green

and...guess i could always shed a few pounds after all the feasts for the holiday season LOL

Last edited by Woulf () on Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few resolutions this year.

1.) Be more active & hopefully lose some weight. Probably eat better, starting with cutting down severely on soda. Definitely considering trying to get back into playing hockey, but its so damn expensive which leads to...
2.) Spend less money. I don't have the discretionary money that I had before, I need to start acting like it. I could also use a bit of a purge of my own.
3.) Work on rekindling a few old friendships. With my mother's passing, I've reconnected some with old friends that I grew apart from. While I don't want or expect these people to be my best friends again I do want to do what I can to not lose touch.
4.) Profit. Laughing
Vadersblade (Robert)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 - Get in shape. I want Pfeifer abs. I've spent the last 4 years putting all my time and effort into school and ignoring the 6-pack I have hiding under all this baby fat. Time to change that. Razz

2a - Get promoted and change things up a bit at work. Save up some money towards buying a house and bailing on the condo.

or 2b - If no promotion, get the heck out of this state. I'm done with this cold and crappy weather.
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably eat better and lose some weight is my goal.

Ranger Squad CO
TK/ID - 4185 MWG
ewok55 (Ashley McClintock)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.)Lose weight -got a few ideas in mind to do it too just gotta stay motivated.
2.)get the ewok done!
3.)save money up
4.)stop letting people take advantage of me
5.)and depending on things moving out of Illinois or out of the parents house
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Move out of Illinois?

sigh...

that is two of you now that want to move out of Illinois...
Rob and you Ashley...

that is such a bummer...

Crying or Very sad

SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Loose weight. (yeah... living in Wisconsin and loosing weight in Winter when the Packers are doing good... Looks good on paper, but has no chance of hapening.)

2. Be a better husband. (This is just to make the wife happy, for I think I am perfect... just the way I am Wink )

3. Finish my costumes on my to do list, before I add more (probably the only one that will happen so I will focus on that!)

All in all, I have a ton of promises to myself that I intend to do, but I know reality will hit around mid January...so untill then I will continue to do my squat thrusts! lol

Bob
ewok55 (Ashley McClintock)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob we are both perfect lol.

I cant handle the cold anymore.My body doesn't like it.
Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other NY resolution that I am trying to tackle today is the insanity of my Star Wars room with regard to extra "stuff"....

witness the insanity of just the "sewing" and extra costume projects "stuff"...

god help me..

yes...
even a Star Trek pattern:

Can you say "fabric" and extra pieces?

Nar Shaddaa Base XO
Nar Shaddaa Base XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schph Gochi wrote:
I always ask each year if others do New Years Resolutions...

I still do..
and I do try to stick to them.

Last year I vowed to purge the entire house ...which I did do. It took months to go through everything...sort...and either throw away, shred, find a new home or donate so many things. I also pared down my stash of extra costume pieces I had laying around for years...and re-organize all that stuff.

I also vowed to lose weight....where I didn't lose as much as I had hoped to...I did end 2011 weighing less than when the year began.

What to do about this year's resolution?

My first order of business is to find new ways to save money - a new and improved budget...which ties into my effort to get to C6.

I also vow to repaint my bathroom....last year it was the kitchen.

I vow to get to an eye doctor...I am tired on not being able to see well.

and..

REALLY make an effort to lose weight before C6 and to see if there is anything I can do for my aging face that I can actually afford...

OK...
my last years resolutions....

it is a year later...

how did we do on our New Years resolutions?

with regard to my resolutions of last year:

I did try to get my finances in a little better shape..
I disconected my phone and cable and that saved me about $120.00 a month...but inflation is eating away at that.

I did try to sell off parts of my Star Wars collection...with dismal results. Everything I sold I took a loss....I donated a couple collections of figures. Several auctions on large collections of action figures got bids that were nowhere near the reserve price so I just didn't bother selling them...and held on to them for now...

I passed along some of my extra costume pieces and completed 5 costumes using pieces I had collected. Some of the costumes I completed were variations (with added pieces) on costumes I already had...like the Snowspeeder Pilot and the Celebration Scene Trooper. The Naboo Pilot, New Republic Jedi and Rebel Fleet Commander required almost a total build.

I did lose some weight before C6 and my costumes did fit me better.

I blew it on the eye doctor thing..
also painting the bathroom....
never got to either of those two things....

so...
what about this year?

2013 Resolutions:

Doctors visits...never went to an eye doctor OR any other doctor last year...and health issues are starting to pile up and get worse and I have been ignoring them..but that is to be expected at age 61....but some things are beginning to be a concern.

Spend more time at my restoration site. Where I did bump up my hours volunteering there last year, I hope to do a little more this year.

Do fewer Star Wars events and stay home more...lots of projects at the house are piling up also...I am never home much to take care of things...or I am too tired from other running around to get done what I need to get done at home.

Finish a few more of my costume projects that pieces are laying around for.

Do more with sculpting, molding and casting. I have several projects I would like to do in that regard.

Sell off more of my Star Wars collection and try to at least not lose too much money.

What about you guys?

How did you do?

SoloYT1300 (Robert Kohn)
Active Legion Member

Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoloYT1300 wrote:
1. Loose weight. (yeah... living in Wisconsin and loosing weight in Winter when the Packers are doing good... Looks good on paper, but has no chance of hapening.)

Well I weigh about 5lbs less than I did last year... although with being 1 year older it does not feel like it.

Quote:
2. Be a better husband. (This is just to make the wife happy, for I think I am perfect... just the way I am Wink )

I would like to think I was a tad bit better this year... she has not left me yet anyways.

Quote:
3. Finish my costumes on my to do list, before I add more (probably the only one that will happen so I will focus on that!)

I have not completed much of anything on my to do list... being on council consumes about 3-4 hours a day at least for me... sigh.

I am just going to focus on me and Beret for the first half of the year. I think my best trooping days are behind me, will do certain events that are for charity... but really feel the need to wind down a bit when it comes to my time with the RL.

Work on the house, oh yeah... and try to loose more of this weight.

Bob
hartss ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont usually do new years resoloutions but as everybody seems to want to lose weight maybe we should have a rebel legion biggest loser or my next costume might be the rancor keeper

also one thing i have learned is not to put off the eye doctor, i waited too long and just found out i am permantly blind in one eye (i thought it was another cateract which is easily treated but turns out is is glaucoma, untreatsable)

so phylis get your arse in gear and get them eyes checked
WedgeAntilles (James Norman)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my finances are "better" since I got a second job... does that count? Other than that, I kinda blew it on everything else.
Vadersblade (Robert)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vadersblade wrote:
1 - Get in shape. I want Pfeifer abs. I've spent the last 4 years putting all my time and effort into school and ignoring the 6-pack I have hiding under all this baby fat. Time to change that. Razz

Well, no Pfeifer style abs, but I do weigh about 20 lbs less than I did last Christmas.

Vadersblade wrote:
2a - Get promoted and change things up a bit at work. Save up some money towards buying a house and bailing on the condo.

Got promoted. Check!

And guess who just got pre-qualified for $200k on a new house? This guy (and his lovely gf....)

This year, I'm getting my teeth fixed. Braces or invisaligns. I've got a couple other things I wanna do, but between working long hours and a potential house, don't wanna over-commit myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Nar Shaddaa Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: