Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3d364b813afc2149a5cc96abed4d511fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New Jedi (I hope!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Commander Cody (Jason R.)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edward, you're aware that you have the have the option of appealing the denial to the Legion Membership Officer, correct?

RAID Commanding Officer | Legion Costume Judge- Rebel Troopers & Officers | Ohio Garrison XO, 501st Legion
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait ... What? I wasn't aware of that; how do I go about that? Thank you for letting me know; could you tell me how? I was e-mailed by a "jedi-master-mark" or something like that; he told me about their reasons and why it went down the way it did. You're telling me there's still a chance?

... and even if you succeed, it's a hard life."
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so we are clear: did you send an official appeal to Mark? He is the LMO. His profile: http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8188

RAID Commanding Officer | Legion Costume Judge- Rebel Troopers & Officers | Ohio Garrison XO, 501st Legion
Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, I don't know if it was official. I received an initial e-mail from commander_barriss telling me I could not be accepted. I sent her all of my evidences, afterwhich Mark sent a private message telling me that the judges had gone to him, and then explaining the same reasons for the denial.

I don't know if he received the information entirely, as he didn't seem to know of the evidence I sent. From what I understand, the judges were divided as to whether or not I could be accepted, and so they went to him. I could be mistaken. Should I approach him again?

Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm familiar with the process because I was the LMO last year.

Tag Aldeggon wrote:
This was the e-mail:

Quote:
"Hi again,

After looking at your images again we can't accept it as Old
Republic as gray is not a color that was used except by one
face character. We can however look at excepting it as a NEW
REPUBLIC JEDI. All I'd need is a photograph of you with the
New Repub D-ring clip and I can approve it as that.

The costume is very beautifully done and I'd really love to
approve it. Thanks"

Tag Aldeggon wrote:
Thanks my friend. But I can't afford a D-ring; right now even a few dollars is too much to afford. I don't even know where to get one or how to attach one to a belt. And they're ugly. Sad

You were given the option of being approved if you added a d-ring.

So, re-apply when you're able to add a d-ring to the belt, and become an approved member. Done deal Smile

Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, this I was aware of, and when I can afford a D-ring I will do that. Getting in is not something I am too concerned about now, since apparantly all I need is that little clip. I will be glad when such is within my means. Wink

Naturally I will keep working on the Old Republic color issue, since that is something entirely separate from my own process of getting accepted. But thank you for your concern in clarifying the matter; I appreciate your kindness! It's nice to know that we have such a thoughtful and invested Commanding Officer.

Smile

Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, unfortunately, we cannot edit our standards until March 2012 (I think?). I'd send a message to the LCJs when that time comes so the color issue is addressed.

You have a very well-constructed costume, Edward. I look forward to seeing you become a full member in the future.

Tag Aldeggon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your help! I appreciate your concern, and your direction is most welcome. You are clearly the right man for your job. I look forward both to membership and to working on those standards! Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Rogue Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: