About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a342de8e805df6dfece7a8130a9ba730Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WonderCon 2012 in Anaheim - March 16-18
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: WonderCon 2012 in Anaheim - March 16-18 Reply with quote

So, it looks like Endor Base won't be hosting WonderCon next year. I am hoping the move is just temporary, as indicated by the renovations happening at Moscone Center.

I'm on the fence about attending. I just have to see how I'm feeling in Feb/March. It could be fun to go to Disney and do a day or two at the con with friends. Do the Captain America USO thing and all of that...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/168338-wondercon-2012-moves-to-anaheim#.TmnBe73Qj-I.facebook

Quote:
WonderCon 2012 Moves to Anaheim
by Silas Lesnick
September 01, 2011

The move for next year's show rumored for some time, Comic-Con International has officially confirmed that WonderCon 2012 will be held in Anaheim, California rather than in the San Francisco Bay Area, where it has been held since it began in 1987 (first at the Oakland Convention Center and, since 2003, the Moscone Center). The official announcement about the move appeared on the organization's official site and reads as follows:

WonderCon, part of Comic-Con International's (CCI) family of conventions, today announced that the 2012 show will be held March 16-18, and Anaheim, California, will play host to the long-running comics and popular arts convention. San Francisco's Moscone Center, WonderCon's traditional venue, will undergo renovations in early 2012, leaving the 25-year-old show in the unenviable position of either being canceled or finding a new venue.

In a move to help alleviate an overcrowded calendar, ReedPop's C2E2, which has been waiting to announce dates for its own show in March 2012, will now seek alternative dates while Wizard World has announced that it will postpone its April 2012 Anaheim show.

"It certainly was not our wish to move," commented David Glanzer, director of marketing and public relations for the nonprofit event. "However, when faced with the prospect of canceling the show for a year or moving locations, after careful consideration we decided to keep WonderCon on the 2012 calendar at a venue that could accommodate our needs."

"We fully understand the challenges of trying to secure dates at any venue, let alone one undergoing renovation," said Lance Fensterman, Group Vice President of ReedPop. "In an effort to minimize the impact on exhibitors and attendees we are currently looking to shift C2E2 from our traditional March dates."

Gareb Shamus, CEO of Wizard World offered a unique solution to offset any potential conflict for fans and exhibitors: "All of us who produce conventions know securing dates can often be a frustrating experience especially when you find yourself having to move to a new city." Shamus continued, "Because of their long history, Wizard World has decided to accommodate WonderCon and postpone our April 2012 Anaheim show."

"We appreciate the efforts of Lance and Gareb for going above and beyond in making the WonderCon transition more manageable," said Glanzer.

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
LizardJedi (Liz Hyde)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were/are discussions on the Sunrider site about management for this... I was going to ask what you guys wanted to do, but I was waiting for D*C and Elections to be over.

While I don't speak for anyone but myself at this point, Sunrider will be more than welcome to the Endor Base people, and if you want to run a joint-table, I'm sure it can be arranged.

The opposite of War isn't Peace, its Creation
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LizardJedi wrote:
There were/are discussions on the Sunrider site about management for this... I was going to ask what you guys wanted to do, but I was waiting for D*C and Elections to be over.

While I don't speak for anyone but myself at this point, Sunrider will be more than welcome to the Endor Base people, and if you want to run a joint-table, I'm sure it can be arranged.

Hehe - yeah, it will help for elections to be over with. I will not be Base CO anymore. Can't really be hauling down all the booth stuff Matt and I use either. My car is too small to fit that and my luggage. I am only 50% sure about going at this point so not a great person to rely on for planning the whole thing. But I'd imagine I'll be forwarded the forms and what not since I'm usually the POC for WonderCon and I can forward them to whomever in Sunrider ends up handling the con application this year. Just like with Comic-Con, the sooner you get in the application and mention all the years Endor Base/RL has exhibited there your chances are better of getting a table Smile

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Twi'lek Pam (Pam Simpson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer. I doubt we'll be able to make it. The nice thing about WonderCon has always been that it was close enough that we could attend without taking too much time off work, and without too much expense or difficulty in getting our luggage there. Perhaps our plans might change between now and then, but I suspect we're just going to wait (and hope) for it to return to Moscone.

Pam :-)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to WonderCon also because it was a close trip, could even go for just one day. I won't be making the trip down to Anaheim. I've got my sites set on CVI! Smile
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, maybe we are not off the hook? The latest rumor is that Moscone will try to work out a date for WonderCon to remain in SF in 2012:

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2011/07/location-date-for-wondercon-2012-still-uncertain/

No actual quotes to back this up from WonderCon officials though... (just paraphrasing of David Glanzer).

--------------------------------------

Location, date for WonderCon 2012 still uncertain
Tweet

WonderCon

Despite a report that WonderCon will be held next year in Anaheim, Calif., because of renovations to San Francisco’s Moscone Center, event organizers say no final decisions have been made.

David Glanzer, director of marketing and public relations for Comic-Con International, tells The Comics Reporter that while the organization is considering the Anaheim Convention Center as one of the possible locations for 2012, it’s possible that WonderCon could remain at the Moscone Center, its home since 2003.

He explained that although organizers were initially told there would be no dates available next year because of the construction, that recently changed. Now, with Comic-Con over, officials will turn their attention to the dates and facilities included in the new proposal.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

False Alarm... Scott Muchow noticed the date of that article was well before the official announcement that Anaheim was indeed chosen.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - I heard the Slave Leia group already filled out the paperwork to request the fan table. So for some reason this year I was not e-mailed the reminders I usually get from WonderCon and the forms must be online right now.

In fact, here it is! http://www.comic-con.org/wc/forms/wc12exhib_pkg.pdf

Whoever is filling out the forms, let me know and I can forward you our PDF form from last year so you can see the information on number of years we have exhibited there, and how to fill it out since there are dollar columns and what not and you are supposed to add in your own notations about a free fan table that are not there on the form. But you need to get them in soon I believe! This is usually the time of year I was sending it all in.

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
FYI - I heard the Slave Leia group already filled out the paperwork to request the fan table.

ROTF

http://www.endorbase.org/
https://www.facebook.com/#!/jedhead1

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Miana (Rachel Williams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Liz said, we down here in Sunrider would be very willing to co-man the table. Our biggest concern is that we don't step on anyone's toes in the process!

The application link isn't working properly for us right now, but once it is, do you mind if we handle the paperwork/legwork for stuff? Again, don't want to stomp on toes, but we just want to ensure that it gets done. Smile I don't know how many of you are planning on coming down, but between two bases, I'm sure we're going to have a rocking table. Cool

"Everytime you're not canon, a fairy dies." - Mike
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miana wrote:
Like Liz said, we down here in Sunrider would be very willing to co-man the table. Our biggest concern is that we don't step on anyone's toes in the process!

The application link isn't working properly for us right now, but once it is, do you mind if we handle the paperwork/legwork for stuff? Again, don't want to stomp on toes, but we just want to ensure that it gets done. Smile I don't know how many of you are planning on coming down, but between two bases, I'm sure we're going to have a rocking table. Cool

I forwarded you via e-mail the form link that WonderCon sent out over the weekend. Hope it is working now and you got it!

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Blasticus ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. I'm the POC for Wondercon I've made a skeleton post to be filled in with attendees and planning here:

http://www.sunriderbase.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1419&p=16545#p16545

I want to make sure all of Endor knows they are welcome if they can attend. Please contact me with ideas/suggestions/traditions you want us to carry on while Wondercon is visiting our part of the galaxy. Also I want to do a preliminary layout of the booth to maximize is amazing potential. More details will be posted as I get them.
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On-line pre-reg in now up:

http://www.comic-con.org/wc/wc_reg.shtml

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." - Bruce Lee
https://www.facebook.com/TedTheEwoksGeekyAdventures
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dale! Not quite ready to commit yet. But good to know Smile

Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Master Mina (Robin Parker)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Tina, I won't be going to WonderCon this year since I'm making the trek across the country for CVI. Definitely bummed this is not in SF since it is so easy to get to as mentioned by others here.

Anyway, those that are going have fun and hope to see you in Orlando. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: