About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8ffae5169499db7c7a482e1488513b7aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

HooliganJim's Jedi Build Thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediMasterMark (Mark Jones)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: HooliganJim's Jedi Build Thread Reply with quote

Posting location for concepts, images and advice! Perhaps you should start out with your Jedi concept and go from there.

Last edited by JediMasterMark (Mark Jones) on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
HooliganJim ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Master Mark... My money right now is limited so I am going to stick with a humanoid Jedi. Trying to think of a name is the hardest part so far. I am almost done with a belt. Next will be my tunic tabards and obi. I am a pretty strict vegan so looking for a lot of non leather stuff has been a challenge.....
Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: "You've taken your first step into a larger world...&qu Reply with quote

Hi Jim,

Glad to have you on board! Like Mark said, probably the best way to start out is to nail down what kind of Jedi you're interested in making. There are some differences in what colors you can use (e.g., New Republic Jedi can use black in their costume, Old Republic Jedi can't) and how you build different parts of the costume (e.g., Covertec clip vs. D-ring for lightsaber).

Post up your pictures of what you have so far (your belt, etc). As you're looking at buying fabric for your tunic, obi and tabards, post up what you find before you buy. I wasted so much money at the beginning by buying stuff that didn't work, I could have built an extra costume with just the money I threw away on trial and error!

In the meantime, a VERY helpful tutorial on how to put together colors for a Jedi costume can be found at this link. It's a PDF download, but VERY instructive on everything you need to know about Jedi robes.

In the meantime, please feel free to PM me with any questions you have about the process.

"It is the happy man who does the useless things; the sick man is not strong enough to be idle." - G. K. Chesterton, "Orthodoxy"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HooliganJim ()

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you General Kenobi
HooliganJim ()

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

although after looking through that PDF I kind of dig the healer blue uniform... Considering I am a paramedic by trade..... interesting...... I will have to think on that...
Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HooliganJim wrote:
although after looking through that PDF I kind of dig the healer blue uniform... Considering I am a paramedic by trade..... interesting...... I will have to think on that...

A healer color scheme sounds cool! If you decide to go that route, that would put you into the New Republic Jedi (NRJ) category. So that means you have a few options open to you vs. an Old Republic Jedi (ORJ), and also makes a difference in some other details. If you go with a blue NRJ scheme, for instance, you can use black for your boots or belt if you want (ORJ can't have any black, and have to use earth tones for their robes).

You ought to be able to access the Old Republic Jedi Costume Standards here, and the New Republic Jedi Standards here to get more information to help you decide. When you're ready to start looking at fabric, there are a couple of things to keep in mind, but we can deal with that as it comes.

"It is the happy man who does the useless things; the sick man is not strong enough to be idle." - G. K. Chesterton, "Orthodoxy"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HooliganJim ()

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will start with an ORJ first... I want to get in fully and I think the Healer will take some time to assemble but will most likely do that also... The more costumes the better ...right??? LoL.
Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HooliganJim wrote:
I think I will start with an ORJ first... I want to get in fully and I think the Healer will take some time to assemble but will most likely do that also... The more costumes the better ...right??? LoL.

I don't think I know anybody in this hobby that only has one costume! Laughing I'm working on two additional ones as we speak. It gets in your blood...

Sounds good--we can get you going with an Old Republic Jedi. Just to clarify: You'll be "in fully" no matter which route you go--NRJ and ORJ are both considered "canon" costumes (if you include the right details), which means you'd be eligible to troop in any official LFL or other "high-profile" events. I'm (obviously) partial to ORJ, but I can get you up and running with whatever kind of Jedi you want to do.

HooliganJim ()

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to thank you. I plan on being as formal as possible for my ORJ. I looked at all the required pieces and planned on all of them any way. I am pretty happy about all this... I told my wife when my son is old enough I want him to do this too...
HooliganJim ()

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRRRRR So I got the NON leather belt I ordered.... NO BUENOS... I may have to break down on this one and go leather... Grrrrrrr
Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HooliganJim wrote:
GRRRRR So I got the NON leather belt I ordered.... NO BUENOS... I may have to break down on this one and go leather... Grrrrrrr

Where did you get that one from? You may want to look into scratch-building one (I've done two--they're not as hard as they look...)

HooliganJim ()

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on line from some supplier I heard of that used faux leather... Oh well maybe next try will be better... Have a happy thanksgiving...
HooliganJim ()

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife just had the baby this week......so going to be busy for a few days lol
Mahim ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HooliganJim wrote:
My wife just had the baby this week......so going to be busy for a few days lol

Congratulations!! Post up some pics of the new padawan when you get a chance!

HooliganJim ()

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

belt done, working on tunics now...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: