Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8ad5b0b1bee7774f0358bc721798de92Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

SCCP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: SCCP Reply with quote

I know there are threads on the 501st forums but I thought I'd pop a reminder post up here too Smile

These are amazing:
http://www.sccpnz.co.nz/index.php
03 December, 2011 Sat Wellington: Te Rauparaha Arena, Porirua Wellington, Kapiti, Palmerston North Click here
10 December, 2011 Sat Hamilton: Mystery Creek Events Centre Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Rotorua Click here
17 December, 2011 Sat Auckland: Showgrounds, Greenlane Auckland

I'm hoping to get Shaak Ti ready for Auckland Smile

I've let the cosplayers know, as some of them were keen last year Smile Also I'm letting my local SCA group know as some have already been and done them and enjoyed the experience Smile

Anyway it's a busy time of the year what with parades and parties and the like, but this is the one that is dear to my heart Smile
Ember ()

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very well-worth troop! I love going to these Smile

I can't make it to the Waikato one (have a 21st that day), but I should be able to make the Auckland one on the 17th.
Will most likely do Senatorial Leia for this one.

Shaak Ti will be very cool to see, I may even consider going as Aayla if you have her finished in time Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Smile that you can at least make it to Auckland Smile I'm going to prod the cosplayers again as they are just finishing exams now and will actually have time to think and know if they can make it Wink

I need to do a bit more work on Shaak Ti than I thought, but the leatherwork shouldn't be too hard. Not as hard as I feared if I go for the more expensive vege tanned leather. It's still not too bad and I will have enough left over to make better pouches for Shae and Mara Smile

Progress in another thread so as to not derail Smile
neimhaille ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh dear, my fantastic skills at closing windows before hitting send properly win again Wink

As per the CNZ thread the upstairs toilets are available for use for putting on make up etc.

http://cosplaynewzealand.forumotion.com/t11591-special-children-s-christmas-parties-nation-wide-do-good-deeds
As you can see there is a good mix of good people and I think Hayley and Kristy will recognise a few names Smile

I can now say Shaak ti will definitely be there XD I have had so much trouble with curing but the current weather is actually okay. At least with a heater to help things along.. ehem. Letaher apron is cut and the design cut. I just don't want to wear it as I haven't sealed it yet. I may just wind up with an alternative or go without it.

I'll be helping "Shrek" get painted so I'm going to be there as soon as possible, mark has confirmed it will be possible to get in at 9am. I'll be using public transport so shall have a big bottle of Purell with me and will be upstairs from fairly close to 9.30 if I can't connect buses (I can get to Dmoinion Rd or Sylvia park, but that area between requires two trips).

I don't know how many 501st are coming but if anyone needs painting etc. I'm pretty sure it's open to all up there- the volunteer break room is up there Smile I just wanted to make sure we would be able to use body paint Smile I have a kit with cleaners and said giant bottle of purell so I'm pretty sure clean up will not be an issue Smile
Ember ()

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Smile
As mentioned on the CNZ thread, I'll do as much painting as possible beforehand, and just do touch-ups once at the venue.

It shall be year of the bodypaint! Razz

I'll probably leave washing-off till after I get home, unless there are showers in the bathroom?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://cosplaynewzealand.forumotion.com/t11591p30-special-children-s-christmas-parties-nation-wide-do-good-deeds#458518
We are looking at a CNZ dinner after and any RL and 501st people are welcome Smile

I don't think there is a shower associated with hall 2 I looked on site but didn't see anything. I am bringing a lot of cloth and baby wipes to clean so I can get changed at the venue.
Ember ()

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a farewell party to prep for after the show so I won't be able to go to the dinner, but thanks for the invite Smile
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all wound up crashing after anyway, I for one slept until midday today. Exhausting but worth it Smile

It was good to see your Aayla with the new paint Smile Loved the new colour (but wow we both changed colour between foyer and hall didn't we?)

It seemed even fuller this year. Was it just my imagination or was it?

Still jealous of all those nekkid mole rat winners Wink I had my eye on them last year too.

I got called Padme at one stage. Could have made for an interesting take on the trilogy for sure.
Ember ()

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, your Shaak Ti looked great! Smile

It did seem rather quiet at first, but it definitely felt like it got busier than last time.
Got snapped with John Key at one point Razz (pic #5) Stuff Article

I haven't seen any proper photos yet, but it seems the blue photographs too pale with flash photography... I also was quite unhappy with how the paint wore off in places (and with how long it took to scrub off afterwards!). Considering going back to the first brand but with a different shade of blue. The search for the perfect Aayla paint continues Razz

Um, Padme? Shocked
That's a bit different!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Naboo Outpost All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: