About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=9be650a3b94783abd0c2974bf5aaa38eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Padme of Hidden Lake's Padawan thread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediMasterMark (Mark Jones)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:51 pm    Post subject: Padme of Hidden Lake's Padawan thread Reply with quote

(Posting here until we work out where they should go... not really a 'Jedi' forum thing, since this is, to this point, solely an Echo suggestion. But maybe it will start a trend...)

This is for Padme of Hidden Lake to work on her costume, images and requirements to get her Jedi to formal status!

If you wouldn't mind, first off it would be great to have some images of your costume - is possible, new images, since when you submit they should always be new images. If not, that's okay.

We'll start off with images of the 4 basics - front, back, left and right; and your robe.

In addition, one of your belt (just laid flat, showing everything on it) would be great!

Mark
Padme of Hidden Lake ()
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the best new photos I have at the moment.

The green shirt under it was only b/c it was a St Patricks Day parade and we were all adding green for the day (the shamrock was a sticker supplied by my fellow marchers...) - plus it was absolutely FREEZING (though generally I would wear my V-neck thermal which can't be seen under the under tunic.

also from the same parade so the same green showing

without anything extra under it but not the best pose for this kind of picture.

I don't have any pics of just my belt but I don't have anything on it really either. I have a wallet and an SD card holder for the moment so that I had a place to put things and a cell phone holder for my phone but they are obviously cheap and from Target and I tend to keep them hidden behind my robe if possible.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for uploading those. Totally understand staying warm for that parade… I feel cold just looking at the image!

In any case, looking at that and the images on your costume profile, it looks pretty good. You’ve got all the basics on the costume:
Outer Tunic (tan)
Tabbards/Obi (cream)
Pants (khaki)
Boots (light brown)

What about your belt – it looks like a standard, larger outer belt with smaller inner belt. Is that right?

If I remember right, you made your saber from one of those kits? Was it tough? They seem pretty cool, and I like the thought of being able to change configurations if you want.

The only thing I really see missing… in that, I mean ‘don’t see’… is a Covertec for your belt. Do you have one of them?

On the options side, you have the robe, so that’s one. The Inner Tunic counts as a second formal requirement (not required for acceptance, but pretty much globally seen). So it looks like there we’d need one more item – food capsules, or maybe pouches. From what you said about your wallet and SD case, you don’t want to use them… any other leather ones lying around or ones you can get hold of? I have a few sources for them and/or the Covertec if you need.

You’re off to a great start… I think pretty soon we can hopefully get you submitted and up to formal status!
Padme of Hidden Lake ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Yeah March in Boston is FREEZING but hand warmers hide very well next to a lightsaber hilt and my pants have pockets which also hold them well, and ski boot warmers are AMAZING.

My belt is one of Diego's (I think) Obi-Wan belts that one of the Albany area 501st guys ordered for himself but forgot to include the overlap in his measurements so it was too small. I have it on almost the tightest setting but that evens out the back and gives me a bit more support for my back (I compressed my spine in a riding accident in college so it is helpful).

My saber is the Make-Your-Own Master Replicas, it is really easy to switch out the pieces as the hilt has an inner tube housing the electronics with a groove in it so you can line up the decorative pieces easily. As long as you put them on in the right order the switch lines up nicely and the blade color switches with a little switch under the on/off switch panel. It isn't bright at all though. So I'm saving up for a custom saber from Arm On Fire with a removable blade.

I don't have a covertec. I have not been able to find one affordably. I have another cell phone clip but it is not a covertec.

I do want new pouches. I would like them to be functional, and was thinking that Army Navy surplus would work, but not really sure what to look for as far as the styling.

Thanks so much for your help!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve gone the route of eBay often in searching for supplies… some love it, some hate it. I find it useful and saves a lot of footwork in searching yard sales and antique shops. I also looked in our own for sale/trade threads, but didn’t see anything recent.

On the pouches: I started with a $10 frame to keep things as affordable as possible, but still appear ‘Jedi’ like – there are really no restrictions around the pouches, so they can be any style. But in keeping with OR Jedi color scheme, I went with brown.

This one looks very ‘mission used’, and the angle kind of looks like it would work on the side of your belt.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-MILITARY-LEATHER-DOUBLE-AMMO-POUCH-/400256837676?_trksid=m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D1%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D4189522695263409811

Same with these. Well worn, set of 2.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-European-Yugo-Military-leather-ammo-pouch-for-M48-or-K98-German-8mm-rifle-/260890895853?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbe4f25ed

These are from overseas, but look pretty cool.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WWII-French-Army-Military-Leather-Ammo-Ammunition-Pouches-Webbing-Case-/200675222617?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item2eb92ce459

If you have an Army Navy surplus nearby, like you mentioned, it may not hurt to just walk in and browse what they have. You’re talking about standard square or rectangular pouches – stick with brown instead of black since you’re OR Jedi. As you can see between the eBay pouches and the image below, you have a wide variety available to you. (The image is from a visual reference library I’m putting together for OR Jedi - the far right and far left pouches are dark brown.)

As for the Covertec, that’s a pretty standard thing. Let’s see…

Here’s the newer style – more rounded edges than the originals, but perfectly acceptable since the standard calls for ‘Covertec clip or similar’:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-Belt-Clip-for-Covertec-Leather-Cases-/400252768100?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item5d30ec8f64

I’ve ordered these before. They are the original ‘square’ style, if you have the patience to wait. Smile

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-Genuine-original-Covertec-Star-Wars-Belt-Clips-/190597099634?pt=UK_Collectables_SciFi_fantasyCollectables_EH&hash=item2c6078f072

If not, drop me a PM, I may have another thought for you.
Padme of Hidden Lake ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just bought this:
https://www.armynavysales.com/products/schmidt-ruben-1911-carbine-leather-ammo-pouch/

For my biggest back pouch - needed to have it big enough to fit my Epipen since I can't go anywhere where they may possibly be food without it.

How many pouches do people usually have? there is no minimum or maximum number in the standards... And do I need to worry about everything being the same shade of brown?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a pretty good looking pouch. It doesn't give any dimensions, which is the only concern. I got a 'WWII ammo pouch' set which had 3 pouches molded together and they turned our rather small. But hopefully, with two belt loops in the back, it's a pretty good size to hold your pen!

I don't think anyone takes into account 'color matching' of your accessories. You could think that in the Jedi life, you wore out one pouch from pulling your comlink out over and over and had to get a new one! (Hopefully this is never the case for your Epipen! Smart move for always keeping it with you - what are you allergic to?)

As for quantity, I would say 2 are fine.
Padme of Hidden Lake ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I was hoping that since the outside looks like it is one piece that if there are dividers inside I can just cut the centers out - make a trough in them to make it one opening, but I will definitely hold off on ordering a second to make sure that it fits first.

And I'm allergic to peanuts, chickpeas and most beans - food shopping can be so much fun.

I will post more pics and an update as soon as it arrives.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it today! Its about 7 inches long and one pocket so the pen will definitely fit. The leather is a little hard and stiff but softened a bit being inside my warm room for a while (as opposed to in a box on my porch in weather that hadn't gone above the teens today). Pics:

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!!! Thumbs up Getting closer and closer to formal approval!
Padme of Hidden Lake ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if you troll the FS threads, but this is the cheapest I've ever seen a real Covertec clip... just have to wait for post from AUS...

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=470690#470690
Padme of Hidden Lake ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I will check it out.

I'm also heading to Nigeria in about a week and am planning on looking around for some really cheap pieces and fabrics, so hopefully can get everything done before summer.
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JediMasterMark wrote:
The only thing I really see missing… in that, I mean ‘don’t see’… is a Covertec for your belt.
Do you have one of them?

She does now... Wink

DXO • RLSC

There is NO Orange Mafia
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base -> Costume Build Threads All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: