About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=98d62f8d660754c244cdd2313f2d2f57Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

So you want to be a Jedi?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JediMasterMark (Mark Jones)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebels 4 Japan (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: So you want to be a Jedi? Reply with quote

So you feel you are strong with the Force and may be a Jedi? We can help… the Jedi of Echo Base’s Blumfruit Temple stand ready at your disposal with our program to get you accepted into the RL!

As a (former) costume judge and now someone who looks over the whole applicant queue, I see lots of applications that come across with different colors, parts missing, and just generally an inadequate amount of photos and information on the application in order for a judge to make a good decision to accept or not. This results in batting of emails or PMs back and forth like a tennis game to get the right shots or part suggestions, which delays your acceptance in the Legion and can result in some aggravation on everyone’s part.

The solution? The same one the Jedi came up with – a Master/Padawan relationship. Though in this case, we will give you an accepted Jedi as the mentor who can guide you through the requirements of the costume and pretty much lay everything out you would need to get accepted quickly. Our Jedi have made at least one, often times more than one, costume and are familiar with the standards and what you need to put on your application to get accepted.

What do you do next? Post here… we’ll get someone (hopefully close geographically to where you are if it’s helpful and available) to contact you and get you started on your journey.

Once you’re accepted, you’ll be able to join the ranks of the Temple and eventually take on your own Padawan.

Pick up your Lightsaber and fight the Sith… it is your destiny.
Padme of Hidden Lake ()
Active Legion Member

Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm game! I have an informal Jedi but am stuck as to what more I need to do to get it up to formal.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem - always glad to help.

I've started a thread for you to post images, materials, etc. here
HooliganJim ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always accepting help..... Who wants to be my Obi-Wan???
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, Jim... you asked for Obi-Wan, we give you Obi-Wan! Our own Tharren will be your guide to getting approved, and your thread is here.
arand08 (Andrew Randolph)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is awesome! The name is Andrew and I'm looking for some help. I talked to you at the Allentown Con this last saterday mark.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got it - your thread is here.
Delpa Gival (Patrick Delieto)
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Jedi Reply with quote

Please add me to the Council.Thanks!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding, Patrick! Glad to have another "Master" ready to take on a "Padawan".

BTW, do you need the 'old frame' deleted from your profile, since you've already gotten the re-judging done?
Delpa Gival (Patrick Delieto)
Echo Base CO
Echo Base CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Jedi Reply with quote

Sure. I already have it backed up and saved. Thanks.
MTFBWY
Navajo Bro ()
Echo Base XO
Echo Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this idea and have been following it since you started the thread Smile

I finally have a short break from work and holidays, and actually want to pop in with my own Jedi dilemas lmao!

My informal Jedi began as a Quinlan Vos Halloween costume made from stuff I found around the house and local mall, lol, I had no idea the Rebel Legion existed back then so knew nothing of costume making or requirements or anything like that. When I did finally join, I used the base tunic, shoulder armor and obi then obtained proper boots, belt, pouches and food capsules. I created a "Quinlan type" character for my profile, since it isn't cannon to him but I still enjoyed the concept with the wig and face paint, and I always thought wearing a Jedi with my crew cut just looked boring Razz

I've since obtained two Obi-Wan costumes, because I love his character and costumes and love wearing Jedi - problem is I can't grow a full beard because of work so I'll never really try to pass as a "face" character, but do enjoy wearing it at informal events (especially when I have my kids because it's easier to keep an eye on them).

So I'd like to throw my three costumes up and see what you guys think, and what I should do if anything to maybe make them a little better. Let me know the next step in this, if you want to hit one at a time, all in the same thread or seperate them up Very Happy Thanks!

Generic Jedi:

Clone Wars Obi:

"Old Ben" (although more middle aged era hahaha):

TB/TI/TK/TS/TX/CC/BH-8869
501st Legion
Northeast Remnant XO

501st Legion Trooper of the Month - July 2012
Special Ops Squad Leader - October 2012
First Ever 501st Legion approved Snow Scout
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, man, not a problem! I've created a thread for you http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=464137#464137]here where we can look at all your costumes and comments can be added. They're pretty far along, which is great, and look good on you. Hopefully with a few tweaks you're going to be rolling in some new costume submissions! I think we'll just open the floor up for any of the 'Masters' to comment there.
Atrus ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Evening!

Very excited to read this thread, as I love the idea of a Mentorship program where someone can pick-up this aspiring Knight in need of a Master...even more fitting that, at cons, my costume actually *is* yet that of a Padawan...

I have been working on a costume for many years now, but put it on hold for a little while. Now that I have been in the convention circuit for nearly a year (traveling sometimes as far north as Toronto!) My costume is Old Republic based, with traditional Jedi colors. I dressed as a Padawan at last weeks's C2E2 and, with the exception of needing a true lightsaber, some new boots and eventually a robe, I *thought* it looked pretty decent. I am all done putting together my screen accurate Battlestar Galactica costumes and will be improving this one a little bit every month. Here is a link to me with a Stormtrooper. I am the one on the far left.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10151515430075220&set=at.10151320560640220.812820.873400219.873400219&type=1&theater

Thanks for any info you can provide me with, everyone who I met at the conventions told me to get in touch with my local group. The idea of charity work and working with the Legion just really appealed to me.

May the Force be with you!
Danielle
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danielle,

Hi and welcome! It’s always great to connect with another fan. You’ll find Echo Base full of people who want to get you up to par and trooping quickly – there is always a need for more Jedi on the lines! Smile I think the BSG costumes are pretty cool as well, so that means you’re also used to doing all that research that goes hand in hand with creating quality.

I tried to look up your image, but it said the content was unavailable. A second question for you, just to know who best to assign you to… where in Echo do you live?

Thanks!
Mark
Atrus ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Thanks so much for the quick response! My apologies the link isn't working. I'll have to host it on a website so everyone can see it.

http://quiobi.homestead.com/files/561816_10151515419070220_873400219_23605351_302465393_n.jpg

http://quiobi.homestead.com/files/530174_10151515430075220_873400219_23605442_1229698769_n.jpg

I'm obviously the only female wearing the Jedi clothes in both, lol! I DO own an undershirt but I'm not wearing it because it's just very large for my frame!

Basically it's fashioned after Qui-Gon's colors (light tunic/tabard/obi with dark brown pants / belt). I had a seamstress make it years ago, it seems they used a cotton blend--very comfortable and light. Still working on the boots, appropiate cloak and custom saber.

I live in Bergen CO, NJ; right outside of New York City. Also thanks for the battlestar compliment, I do indeed know the length and moxy it takes to get a costume right--and I can't wait to dive into the wealth of knowledge, ideas and experience this base has!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Echo Base All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: