About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=77e6fd8e72132dd1d4f2855f5d4fc062Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Accurate Flightsuits ... Interested?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HazardThree (Jon Paulson)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Accurate Flightsuits ... Interested? Reply with quote

Okay,

If you're a RL member, head over to the Sale forum, there's an interest thread going for custom sized accurate flightsuits in a wide range of colors.

*EDIT Gil*
MonCal wrote:
The suits will come in the following colors:

* Black = Tie Pilot, Gunner, Navy Trooper, Imperial Crew, Off Duty, Biker Scout
* Navy Blue =Mechanical Crewman (Return of the Jedi)
* Orange = X-wing Pilot
* Tan = ANH Rebel flight technician (ground crew), ESB Rebel Hoth base crewmen, Falcon Gunner, Y-wing pilot
* Gray = At-At Driver, At-St Driver, Imperial crew / scanning crew, Rebel tech also, Falcon gunner also

They will come in the following sizes: Sm, M, L, XL, XXL, and possibly XXXL

Here are the colors (minus the tan color. I didn't have a swatch for the tan):

Front of the suit:

In the following photo, notice the pockets. The top two pockets should be touching. We will have them fix that. Also notice the pocket flaps. We chose to have the flaps made in the rectangular, ANH style. You can alter the flap or have us alter the flap if you want the ESB / ROTJ chevron style.

In the following photo, notice the bottom set of pockets. These are not on every costume. You can remove the bottom pocket or have us remove it depending on the version you are doing. It's easier to have them made this way so that the suit can easily be altered for whatever style you want.

In the following photo, notice the pointed collar. To my knowledge no replica jumpsuit maker has ever done this. I can show proof that the suits in the movies did in fact have this pointed collar:

This following photo is just to show the double ended metal zipper. The weird thing about this photo is the jumpsuit looks gray. It's just an example of how lighting and camera angles can change the color:

Right arm:

Arm cuff. They actually made the flap a little shorter than I wanted. I will have them fix that:

Right arm again. Notice the pleat on the shoulder. (Steph, Kat, is that the right term?) Most people do not get this detail correct. It helps so you can pull your arm forward by adding more fabric, sort of like a slinky:

Left Arm:

Code cylinder pocket:

Ah.. but what's this?: An extra pocket in back of the code cylinder pockets? This makes the pocket make sense to me, why there is the extra spot below the code cylinders:

Comm Pad pocket:
I am on the fence about the plastic window. I have it on good authority from a friend who toured the LFL archives that there are jumpsuits which have the plastic window. This would make sense that the jumpsuit might have been real and used at a factory or something instead of being mass produced for the movies. I am debating putting the plastic window in. This company actually did it without my knowledge. You could always cut it out.

Back of the suit:

Notice the pointed collar and the shoulder pleats:

We plan to have them made in a cotton / poly blend.

Note: These are not currently available yet

*End of EDIT*

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35349&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Last edited by HazardThree (Jon Paulson) on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
BobaFuss (Doug Cottrell)
Canadian Base CO
Canadian Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a great piece. I'm on board!

Rebel Legion Canadian Base C.O.
501st Legion Canadian Garrison G.M.L.
TK-0833 ()

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad The topic or post you requested does not exist
JBar WolfKnight (James B. Hicks)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must be an approved Legion member to access that forum.

*EDIT Gil*
I'm locking the topic, but you can see the suit in the first post.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: