About Us Members Unit Listing Events Costuming Resources Forum Contact Us Trading Cards

Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b256df43d066fe48e1348e7cb4925848Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Luke FX sabers on sale for $70 through Amazon.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaxxa ()
Mos Espa Base XO
Mos Espa Base XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Luke FX sabers on sale for $70 through Amazon.com Reply with quote

A toy store via Amazon.com is selling the Luke Force FX sabers for $69.99. Saw it posted on Dealnews.com today, so not sure how long they will last at that price, but I wanted to pass it along.

Link
Alpine Outpost CO
Alpine Outpost CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link but....
NO MONEY LEFT! Mad Mad Embarassed
A-Wing Pilot
Jedi Knight
darthrevan (Ally Bock)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find
Jeremiah 29:11
Jaxxa ()
Mos Espa Base XO
Mos Espa Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay for price wars: they are now down to $59.99
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be careful. There are a couple of reviews that say it is the cheaper $30 being sold at double price. At least amazon has a no cost return policy if needed...

Supplier of Aker Voice amps http://www.501stforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26880&highlight=
darthrevan (Ally Bock)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TK6294 wrote:
I would be careful. There are a couple of reviews that say it is the cheaper $30 being sold at double price. At least amazon has a no cost return policy if needed...

I spoke too soon. I checked the reviews too, and there are about 5 reviews that says it's the plastic lightsaber being sold for double the price instead of the FX lightsaber.
Jeremiah 29:11
Jaxxa ()
Mos Espa Base XO
Mos Espa Base XO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a mixup on my order, but not of that type. I ordered it on the first day from the seller Brian's Toys and was accidentally sent a Kit Fisto Force FX instead of a Luke. Amazon gave me a partial refund for it being the wrong item (I opted to keep it since the price was still great and it's a lovely saber). I have one of the $59.99 Luke models coming from Hutt Shops, so we'll see what's in the box when it arrives tomorrow. If it's not a Force FX, back to customer service I go, but at least Amazon is very easy to deal with when it comes to things like that.

What some people are saying in the comments is that it may be a UPC screwup affecting multiple vendors that are serviced by Amazon rather than an intentional bait & switch. I'm noticing there are some inconsistencies in the product details on the same page that lends some credence to the idea that the two items have become entangled in the system (Product Detail section says it needs 3 AA batteries, Product Description says 3 AAA).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: